Digital Marketing is an evolving field that is full of opportunities and growth. It has forever changed the way companies communicate with their customers and operate their businesses. The use of digital marketing tools and technologies has a direct impact on profit margins and business growth. Nowadays when a business that doesn’t use digital marketing strategies also limits the growth opportunities for their business.
Over the past years, marketing has had to keep up and contend with leaps in technology and our relation to it ever since. The industry evolution of the marketing company era saw a drastic change in the history of marketing. The massive adoption of the internet is the single biggest event that has affected digital marketing over the last three decades. Especially over the last decade, digital marketing has become a staple of any business type and is necessary to anyone who wants to target a large audience through their social media, digital advertisements, or website. The global digital marketing spend was valued at around $310 billion in 2019 and was forecasted to grow at a CAGR of around 12.8 % on around $350 billion in 2020. It shows how the market is expanding and how it is expected to grow in the future.
So this article will tell you about digital marketing and the top 7 reasons to opt for digital marketing as a career.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a form of marketing that exists online. It encompasses all marketing efforts which use electronic devices or the internet using social media, search engine, email, and other websites to connect with current and future customers. It helps you reach a larger audience as compared to traditional methods and target the desired audience who are most likely to buy your service or product. Digital marketing is more cost-effective than traditional advertising and enables you to measure success.
It is also known as online marketing and internet advertising that involves strategies such as email marketing, social media marketing, blogging, affiliate marketing, native advertising, content marketing, SEO (search engine optimization), CRO( conversion rate optimization), pay-per-click advertising, etc. It helps introduce people to your company and inspire them to buy products.
Digital marketing includes digital assets such as your website, branded assets, video content, written content, images, online products and tools, social media pages, and reviews.
Learn more: Why Your SEO Focus Should Be Brand Building
Top 7 Reasons To Start A Career In Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a vast sector that will probably see enormous growth in the near future. So if you are a creative person or technically skilled, you will definitely find something for yourself in this field. So there are a few reasons to start a career in digital marketing.
- High Demand For Digital Marketers- Marketing Hiring Trends reports that around 69% of companies are going to hire more digital marketers to achieve their goals. It is witnessed that there is a huge gap between the supply and demand of digital marketing professionals where the demand is around 59%, but the supply is only around 19%. So high demand for digital marketers is a strong reason to choose digital marketing to learn.
- Great Growth Process- Digital marketing skills are rising in demand as companies know how beneficial the internet and digital platforms are. These are the great mediums to reach a wider audience, scale and grow their business ahead, and generate more revenue. It is all possible with trained digital marketing experts. So their demand will continue to increase as the industry grows and changes, and there is always something interesting and new to learn. The digital marketing industry is always evolving that provides professionals with a variety of backgrounds.
- Recession-Proof Career Option- The strongest advantage of the digital marketing industry is that it is recession-proof since it caters to the marketing needs of businesses from all verticals as many businesses/professionals have seen the worst phase in their lives via getting job loss in recession. Even during the recent pandemic, companies utilized digital marketing as the best possible way to reach their customers.
- Dynamic In Nature- Rapid changes in the technologies of the mobile and web world make digital marketing highly dynamic. Marketing professionals need to learn and apply the latest trends in online marketing to be ahead of competitors. Hence this will create even more employment opportunities in the future.
- High Paid Designation- When a job is in demand, that means there are more opportunities to negotiate A digital marketing career offers high paid designation. Due to the shortage of digital experts, companies are unable to get desired candidates; that is why they get paid at a much higher level as compared to other professionals in this marketing world. A skilled and trained professional can earn a high salary package easily( Rs.15000 to 18000 per month). With 2 to 5 years of experience, they can earn more with remuneration of almost 3 lakh to 10 lakh per annum. So this is a worthy choice as a career.
- Versatility- Digital Marketing is a versatile sector, so there are plenty of choices, different skills to fit together in different ways, and ongoing learning opportunities. If you are choosing a career path or specialization in this field and you choose to switch later, you only need a little training in order to move. So it’s beneficial that you can build on existing skills while learning new ones, staying in the same field.
- Be your Own Boss- With the advantages of a versatile career option, you can be your own boss in this dynamic field of digital marketing. It only needs a computer device and an internet connection to work, so you can manage your work from anywhere, anytime. There are several opportunities available in the market to work as a freelancer or the grind of a 9 to 5 job; you can choose according to your pace and schedule.
Today’s digital marketing is the mainstay method for companies to market and promotes their products and services to a larger and desired audience. To become a successful digital marketing professional yourself, you can enroll in a Post Graduate Digital Marketing Program. So it is quite worth learning digital marketing skills to invest your time and money for achieving goals in a marketing career.