Remote access introduces the technology of a data-processing system that permits a user to access a network or a computing device from a distant location. Establishing the connection between the systems is done using access to remote service.
The primary purpose is to stamp out the need for a physical presence to accomplish a given task. It saves a considerable amount of money, time, and commuting for the user by running remotely on an endpoint while displaying graphical output locally. In this article, we will learn the features of remote access software.
Why choose remote access software?
Remote access software is also called remote desktop software or remote-control software. To put it simply, this technology allows a user to control one computer from another remotely; besides, it brings agility to business processes. Here is the list of beneficial reasons why the software is great to count on:
- Business requirements can be quickly met
- The software allows round-the-clock access from any part of the globe
- Administrators can govern the access rights to files and folders
- System administrators can conveniently monitor and troubleshoot issues
- Low maintenance cost
- All problems can be instantaneously addressed remotely
- Supports urgent business development plans and ideas
- Supports BYOD environment
- Easy access to all the files located on devices or servers connected to the network
- Decreases employee attrition rate
What are the features of remote access software?
- Centrally managed groups and policies – It stores all users, groups, and security settings in a secure, centralized location for easy and simple user management and administration.
- Multi-factor authentication- With multi-factor authentication, a user must use multiple credentials to access the network.
- Regulatory compliance – Remote access software should abide by the global regulatory guidelines and be able to scale with changing standards. Check that the software meets standards to enable encryption.
- IP filtering defines and manages IP addresses that can access a network.
- Closed user groups & secure deployment options – Obtain a custom serial number to the remote access software used by IT teams and target devices. Only matching serial numbers between devices and remote machines are accepted.
- Logging and audit records – Comprehensive logging enables the person to be ready for an audit and gives them the tools to identify potential security gaps or breaches.
When a business needs to access a user’s desktop from another location to troubleshoot, retrieve data, or take control, remote access software is the tool one requires. With the help of an internet connection, remote access allows IT administrators and employees to safely and efficiently work while saving time and money.
With the increasing reliance on remote work and enterprise organizations going global, it’s becoming more critical for users to access devices remotely and securely. Accessing devices remotely can cause gaps in a network’s security, making it a prime target for cybercriminals.