A high-end, well-constructed home renovation or extension project will improve your way of life and give you and your family a home that you will cherish for years to come. It will also significantly raise your home’s market value when the time comes to sell it.
To get your dream home, however, you have to select the best builder; it’s the most important decision you will make. That’s why Bayside Extensions is here to guide you through it all:
Why Invest in Home Renovations and Extensions?
Selling your old home and buying a new one just to accommodate your growing family’s needs is not practical. Not just because it’s expensive and exhausting, but because your home is sentimental to you.
Luckily, renovations and extensions are becoming exceedingly popular. They are the cost-effective way to transform your home into a magnificent statement house without buying another one anew. Here are reasons to invest in a home renovation or extension project:
- A house that incorporates the newest, yet classic, trends, and styles
- Increased functionality to meet the needs of your expanding family
- The bases and structures of your home can be strengthened to give it decades more of life.
- A spacious home with better space allocation
- Reduce the amount of building upkeep necessary
- Better ventilation and lighting
- You get an improved version of the home you already love
Choosing a Home Renovations and Extensions Company
A home renovation or extension requires a lot of time and money. You, therefore, need to put your money where it’s worth. Getting a competent company is the only way to make your dream home a reality.
So how do you choose a company to keep the “renovation nightmares” away? Here are some questions to ask to help you gauge and get an experienced builder suitable for you:
- Do you acquire all the necessary permits? Acquiring permits is the builder’s task, it is good to confirm this.
- Do you offer a warranty? What process is involved? How long is the warranty period?
- What materials do you use? Ask about the different types of glass, pipes, wood, metal, etc that will be used.
- How do you set up allowances and budgets? This will help you work within your budget without going overboard.
- Do you outsource your laborers and subcontractors or already have all the necessary skills for the job?
Finding and Working With a Competent Home Renovations and Extensions Company
To get and work with a proficient company, here are 5 steps you can follow:
- Get a list of builders from your local home builders’ association, and start your search.
- Get references from family and friends.
- After getting a shortlist of builders, get quotations
- Ensure the contract is thorough enough and covers everything.
- Make sure the builder is insured and offers a worthwhile warranty.
Best Renovations Expert: Bayside Extensions
At the end of the day, you want a project that has been planned and built to suit the requirements of your family. That’s why you should work with Bayside extensions. We promise to provide prompt, courteous, and professional service at all times. We also offer a 10-year structural guarantee on all of our extensions. Contact us at (03) 9596 0368!