By: Eric Reyes
The agriculture sector is one of the most vital sectors in any given country. It provides food, materials for clothing, and jobs for many people. The world’s population continues to grow at an alarming rate, which means that there will be more mouths to feed than ever before. Unfortunately, the older generations are not as equipped to handle this increase in population. This leaves us with a big problem – how do we get young talents into the agriculture industry? Whether you are a recent graduate looking for your first job or an experienced professional, the agriculture sector needs you! Here are some of the reasons you are highly needed:
- The Agriculture Sector Needs Young and Bright Talents to Provide Solutions for Food Security in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Food production has been on the decline and we need more people who can help us effectively grow our crops, while protecting them from natural disasters such as droughts, floods, fires, etc. The world’s population will increase by more than two billion people in the next 30 years, which means that food security will be increasingly challenging.
- The Agriculture Sector Needs Young and Bright Talents to Tackle Future Challenges of Climate Change, Population Growth, and Urbanization. In addition to needing more people who can help grow food, we also need young talents who will be able to provide sustainable solutions for climate change, population growth, and urbanization. This is because all of these three challenges have a huge impact on the agriculture sector.
- The Agriculture Sector Needs Young and Bright Talents to Develop Bio-based Products that Will Address Global Warming Issues, Energy Needs, and Soil Pollution. The agriculture sector is one of the major contributors to environmental pollution. If we are serious about resolving this problem, then young talents need to step up and help develop bio-based products that will address global warming issues, energy needs, and soil pollution.
- The Agriculture Sector Needs Young and Bright Talents to Address the Issue of Food Waste, Food Security, and Food Availability. If we are not able to effectively address the issue of food waste, then this will have a significant impact on our food security. What’s more is that it will contribute to further malnutrition in many parts where hunger already exists (e.g., Asia).
- The Agriculture Sector Needs Young and Bright Talents for Their Vision, Creativity, and Innovative Minds. The agriculture sector is a field that needs the creativity and innovative minds of young talents. After all, we cannot expect older generations to be able to come up with sustainable solutions for issues such as food waste, climate change, global warming, urbanization, population growth, etc. This is because they have been brought up in an entirely different environment than what younger generations are used to today.
- The Agriculture Sector Needs Young and Bright Talents to Provide Solutions for Biodiversity Protection and Food Safety. The agriculture sector is becoming increasingly focused on providing solutions for biodiversity protection and food safety because we all know that this will have a significant impact on our future generations. Just think about it, if we are not able to provide them with safe, sustainable sources of food, then what hope do they have?
- The Agriculture Sector Needs Young and Bright Talents to Develop New Methods of Growing Different Crops such that they are faster and more efficient. If we want to make sure that our crops are sustainable and efficient, then young talents need to develop new methods of growing different crops, as well as find ways to grow those same crops in a faster and more efficient manner (e.g., hydroponics).
- The Agriculture Sector Needs Young and Bright Talents to Organize the Diverse Agricultural Data and Help Make It Accessible to Everyone. The agricultural data is diverse and it’s becoming increasingly difficult for young talents to organize all of the information into a format that everyone can access, understand, and utilize (e.g., via apps). If we want our future generations to make informed decisions about food production and safety as well as address other important issues, then we need to make sure that they have access to all of this data.
We hope that we have been able to convince you as to why the agriculture sector needs young talents now more than ever before. If this is something that interests you, please visit our website – Agritalent.com.au – for more information.
About the Author:
Eric Reyes is a passionate thought leader having been featured in 50 distinguished online and offline platforms. His passion and knowledge in Finance and Business made him a sought after contributor providing valuable insights to his readers. You can find him reading a book and discussing current events in his spare time.