If there is one game that is universally adored and cherished by people of all ages and is played by people travelling in trains, buses or private transport, it is Ludo. The popularity of Ludo transcends every board game simply because of the number of players that can play the game at a single time and the ease at which a person can understand the game. That is why it is one of the most popular, if not the most popular game in the country at the moment. With the rise in technology, games started going online. And that was one of the biggest reasons for Ludo’s current popularity.
People can relate to the board game because of the connection they had with the game in their childhood. Heavy investments started flowing into app development by the big tech giants and hence fantasy gaming platforms became the new playground where players could battle against fellow gamers and exciting rewards as well as real money. At the moment, there are several real money ludo earning app which is available to download for almost everyone.
How To Play Ludo Online?
You first need to know the basics to start your journey as a seasoned player. The game is usually played between two to four players. Every player has four tokens with the same colours placed in their home box. It is then up to the player to roll the dice to move the tokens across the board toward the finish line. Ludo, on most apps, can be played with a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 4 players. Each player gets their designated colour of the token from Red, Green, Yellow and Blue.
- Kick Start Your Game
As per the rules, the player can only move one of the four tokens if he/she rolls six on the dice. Until and unless the player does not roll a six the token will remain in the home box and cannot the tokens across the board. After rolling a six, the player can either release a new token or can move his/her existing token on the board. The player gets an additional roll with six but the player needs to be aware that if he/she managed to roll 6 thrice in a row, it will forfeit their chance.
- Eliminate The Opponent’s Tokens
Perhaps the most interesting part is eliminating the opponents. If a player’s token lands on the square which is already occupied by a token of different colour then the opponent’s token gets eliminated. After eliminating the opponent, the player gets to roll the dice once again. Eliminating opponents will keep you in the game and you should do so when you get a chance to do so because your opponents will do the same to you.
- Try To Finish Off The Game In The Final Zone For The Win
The job of a token is to complete the whole round of the Ludo board without being eliminated. The job of a token is completed when it reaches the last six squares leading towards the end square and it faces no threat of being eliminated by an opponent. So to win, the player needs to ensure that all of their tokens are placed in the final square. You have to make sure not to crowd out the final zone section as it will make your end game quite boring.
Here are some tips which can help you win the game of Ludo
- You need to aim at taking out all of your tokens at the beginning. While doing so, you will have to look at options rather than relying on your single token to make it to the finish line.
- You need to make sure to keep your pieces on the board moving. It is in the best that you get to spread your tokens as much as you can across the ludo board. This move will help you in planning your next moves clearly and in advance. This will stop you from getting surprised by your opponents.
- Plan on your next move, do not keep yourself restricted to the play on your hand but rather look for the next move on your next roll of the dice. This will confuse your opponents regarding your intentions, they’re giving you a good advantage.
- You need to eliminate your opponents strategically and timely to carve an easy path for you up ahead. The more opponent tokens that you eliminate, the more chance you have of winning the game.
- Plan your escape, always be on the lookout for the opponents setting up a trap for your tokens. The timely intervention will help you secure your pieces.
- The square near your home is the safest place for you. If you are trying to get out of a sticky situation, you only need to move if you have rolled a six on the dice.
- Never wait to strike or move. Online ludo is quite unpredictable at times and you may never know when the opponents could get the better of you. So, to stay ahead of the curve, strike whenever there’s an opportunity and move quickly across the board when given the chance.