GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This entrance exam was started 38 years ago for the students who want to get admission into engineering. It is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian institutes of technologies on the behalf of the National Coordination Board. It is a computer-based standardized test.
The basic feature of this exam Is to test the knowledge of students with bachelor-level degrees or master-level degrees. The exam is conducted for 3 hours. The score of the GATE exam is valid for 3 years and depends on the grades. This exam is scheduled every year in February.
What Is the Ideal Strategy To Get Under 50 Rank In GATE?
Some strategies are mentioned below which helps you to get under 50 rank in the GATE exam:
- Exam Pattern: Before starting the preparation, the first thing to keep in mind is the pattern of the exam. It is a computer-based exam. It is held for 3 hours and is of 100 marks. Furthermore, it consists of multiple-choice questions as well as numerical-type questions. The question paper is divided into 4 sections i.e., Reasoning, Aptitude, English, and Engineering Mathematics.
- Analyze Syllabus and Last Year’s Question Paper: The syllabus plays an important role in every exam. A proper analysis of the syllabus or topics of the whole syllabus is necessary. After analyzing the syllabus, the next step is to analyze last year’s question paper, which helps in cracking the GATE exam. The question papers are easily available online and also offline at book stations.
- Select Appropriate Books and Resources: It is a must to select the appropriate books for preparation for the GATE exam. These books help in getting under rank 50 in GATE. The books are available in both forms online and offline. Students can also take help of online videos which are available online on different sites.
- Plan your preparation: Planning for preparation is a must in GATE. Without proper planning, students can’t achieve their targets. Planning should consist of a full-fledged timetable so that you have sufficient time for preparation. BYJU’s Exam Prep can help you revise the syllabus by practising daily mock tests and quizzes.
- Practice Mock Tests: Mock tests help practice the syllabus as a whole. GATE Mock tests are the same as an exam pattern. Students need to solve as much as they can. Students can also practice mock tests conducted online.
- Take enough rest: The study and rest go hand in hand. Adequate rest to your brain is necessary and helps you study with a peaceful mind. If you are fatigued, it will affect the quality of your exam. A minimum sleep of 6 hours is necessary for our brain. The proper rest helps us prepare better and score good marks on a test.
GATE helps students get direct admission in MTech, M.Sc., and M.Ed. after getting ranked 50 in the GATE exam. They get admission to top institutions of India. To crack the exam, students need well-devised strategies. The strategies should focus on preparing according to the exam pattern, analyzing the syllabus, selecting appropriate data, taking quizzes and mock tests, among others. These strategies will successfully help the students rank under 50 in the GATE exam.
Most of the top engineering institutions admit students who secure the topmost ranks in the GATE exam. BYJU’s Exam Prep helps students understand the concepts in a structured pattern and helps to formulate strategies to score better.
Stay Connected with our education blog & you can write for us about education.