Traditionally, school prescribed books have been highly popular among students to study for exams. As the years have gone by, e-textbooks endorsed by the National or State Boards have also been envisioned to replace existing paper-based textbooks due to their educational advantages. Thus, e-books have been adapted nationwide to prepare for the board exams.
All state-level boards, including Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu, give their students access to e-books, which are endorsed by their respective governments. Hence, it is relevant for the students to refer to the books, such as the GSEB textbook, which can be found online. Here, an attempt is made to walk through the benefits of referring to e-books for the exam.
In addition to being lighter, e-books have a variety of other features that learners, instructors, and educators can use. Let us take a look at what they are:
Major Benefits of E-books
- Some have a pop-up glossary that makes it easy to look up the meaning of unknown words. Thus, it could be a handy feature to incorporate in e-books if not already available.
- Most e-books guide the students to pop up links leading to explanatory videos and animated graphs to support audio and visual learners.
- E-books are easy, and one does not have to worry about carrying them or about storing them anywhere.
- Some books might also include hyperlinks leading to extra resources or reading materials.
- Materials from online books can be easily updated with the updated current information.
- Cost of the e-books are lesser and, in most cases, are free as compared to the traditional textbooks.
Why E-books for K12 Exams?
Apart from all these points, the e-books endorsed by the state board for the particular class will explain the important concepts in simple language. So, e-books are used at large to prepare for board exams.
- Learning the concepts and mastering them becomes much easier with online resources.
- Typically, most questions on the board exams are based on the concepts covered in these textbooks.
- Teachers plan their lesson plan in class based on the concepts from the textbooks.
- Students use the books to create notes for future use and to revise for the exams.
- Books form the basis for homework or assignments, which are provided as schoolwork.
It is also likely that any student who learns how to use e-books wisely will gain a lot from them. To achieve the best results, students should supplement their exam preparation with additional resources.
Students from all boards have realised the importance of resources, beginning with syllabus, textbooks, notes, solutions, and question papers. A teacher can easily guide a student on how to use the textbooks, such as Samacheer kalvi books, in the best possible way to earn high scores.
Nevertheless, textbooks can also become old and outdated over time, so they need to be updated often. Although textbooks may provide the answers to most of the questions found in question papers, they should never be the students’ sole source of information when preparing for an exam. By following these suggestions on how to use a textbook properly, students can easily ace the exams.