Technology has not only become a necessity but also an important part of our lives. Nowadays, adults aren’t the only ones who know their way around digital devices, websites, and apps. In truth, to say that kids know it better than adults would be an understatement. Technology is their slave!
Give a kid a phone and a stable internet connection for ten minutes and you will find them exploring the areas of your phone you didn’t even know existed. Adding technology to your tutoring sessions could go a long way in making tutoring more interesting and effective. Your students would quit taking your tutoring sessions as a mere task to check off their things-to-do list. They’d start looking forward to your tutoring sessions and actually enjoy them.
According to a survey, the majority of the teachers said that technology makes learning more satisfying while most of the students were of the opinion that it helps them learn well. EBooks, online lectures, and online quizzes, educational mobile apps are more exciting and effective to work with than conventional worksheets, lectures, and books, etc.
Here are some key benefits of using technology in your tutoring sessions:
- Most people think that technology, for students, is nothing but a distraction. But that couldn’t be farther from the truth! Technology excites students. It makes students want to participate in class. Plus, with online lectures available around the clock that can be accessed through any digital device, students can study on their own terms.
- Technology like computers, tablets, and other devices in your classroom can make uninteresting subjects more fun and easier to learn. Students have been observed to be more attentive when learning through PowerPoint slides and video lectures than in-class lectures and books.
- Every student is different in their own unique way. You cannot use the same teaching approach for every student. While some may have a natural flair for learning new things, some others may take their sweet time getting their concepts clear. Technology helps teachers improve their lessons and make them easy for students to understand.
- You can teach your students practical skills like PowerPoint, writing Emails, creating presentations, online etiquette, and soft skills, such as leadership skills, solving complex problems, communication skills, and improving their productivity levels. It will also go a long way in preparing your students for the digital demands their future may hold.
- Study shows that students are more likely to help each other when they use technology in the classroom. Technology-based tasks are more interactive and students tend to enjoy participating in online group activities as well. This has been the experience of economics tuition in Singapore by The Economics Tutor.
- In recent years, many of the students pursuing professional studies or higher academic qualifications have been interacting with one another over social media apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, and Skype for virtual group studies.
- Features like online calls, voice notes, and file-sharing have proven to be quite helpful especially amidst the Covid -19 crisis. It improves collaboration among students and boosts their communication skills as well.
- Another key benefit of technology lies in the way it bridges the communication gap between the students and the teacher. It serves as an effective and interesting way to learn. It improves your relationship with students and makes it easier for them to prepare their assignments and practice their lessons.
- With time, students’ comfort levels also improve around the teacher. Adding technology to your lesson plan can increase your knowledge as well. It will keep you up-to-date regarding the latest additions to technologies and the world of tutoring. This, in turn, would make a notable difference in your teaching methodologies and your students’ learning levels.
Technology is rapidly evolving these days. It is better to advance your classroom alignments. Technology in the classroom also leads students to sharpen their critical thinking skills. You can use trusted apps and online resources to help students in learning. These benefits will surely help teachers and students to make a healthy and productive classroom environment. Check out https://www.tutorcity.sg/ib-tuition to get more info.
Moreover, one of the many critical points the covid-19 has taught us is the significance held by technology and online learning. While the world shut down and practiced social distancing, only people with any sort of IT skills were able to make their ends meet through freelancing.
Schools were closed down and classes were taught virtually. The future of education and employment is clearer than it ever was. Therefore, if you want your students to make it in the future and be capable enough to face the challenges of the future, you need to introduce technology into your class and make the most out of it.