Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Chapter 135

  1. #21
    giorno- is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vphamv View Post
    ...maybe actually be a part of the story because she's one of the main characters and is supposed to be kinda important now that she has the new power after being revived...?
    duh, you realize these latest chapters were for character development mostly for masataka and aya, which are the two important characters who still needed development before the final fight? there was no need to develop maya's character more than that, hence why she has little screen time

    What leads you to believe this? If Nagi and the ones he brought back dies, that means big characters like Mitsoumi and Bunchinci or however you spell his name dies. Seeing as Mitsoumi has pretty much turned a new leaf, I find that unlikely.
    Mitsuomi wasn't revived by Nagi

    i don't think Bunshichi was either...but even if he were, it wouldn't make nagi's death less likely...

    What chapter is this exactly? I recall her saying something about supporting Nagi, but I don't remember her saying anything about actually helping in any fight. Also, it looks to be a redo of Shin vs Mitsoumi, which was a 1on1, so it's very possible that she does not do anything but just stand there.
    Can't remember the exact chapter, it was something along the lines of "i'll become the strength for someone else", or something like that, and the subject of her thoughts was the approaching fight between nagi and masataka...

    and no, this won't be a redo of shin vs mitsuomi, the whole point is to change the predetermined fate

    and besides, nagi's got more than 3000 powers, he can blow up the whole city in one attack...how is masataka supposed to fight him without maya's help?

  2. #22
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giorno- View Post
    duh, you realize these latest chapters were for character development mostly for masataka and aya, which are the two important characters who still needed development before the final fight? there was no need to develop maya's character more than that, hence why she has little screen time


    Mitsuomi wasn't revived by Nagi

    i don't think Bunshichi was either...but even if he were, it wouldn't make nagi's death less likely...



    Can't remember the exact chapter, it was something along the lines of "i'll become the strength for someone else", or something like that, and the subject of her thoughts was the approaching fight between nagi and masataka...

    and no, this won't be a redo of shin vs mitsuomi, the whole point is to change the predetermined fate

    and besides, nagi's got more than 3000 powers, he can blow up the whole city in one attack...how is masataka supposed to fight him without maya's help?
    Duh, obviously I knew those chapters were about Masataka and Aya, which was the point I was making. Everyone else who was significant to the story had some screen time, and contributed something of value except Maya. Even Bob and Madoka did when they're less important characters. Maya is pretty important in the manga, and I can get why she wasn't in much in the previous chapters since she was a vegetable, but now she's awake and hasn't done anything after leading up to this fight.

    Yeah, I remember now that it was Masataka who beat the ghost of Shin out of Mitsoumi.

    You haven't given any reason as to why you disagree.

    Yeah, and iirc Maya said that to Nagi after his mom sacrificed herself to revive her.

    How is it not? Nagi told him to defeat him as Shin told Mitsoumi to do the same. Masataka is going to try to do what Mitsoumi could not. I believe even Mitsoumi said so when he was in the hospital after the fight between him and Masataka.

    3,000+ powers, but only 70 pages and likely with a little bit more than half of it being the fight while the rest of it story. I think it's ok to assume he won't be using everything in his arsenal. It'll still be powerful as hell, but there's not even a guarantee that he'll be using a ridiculous amount of his powers. He didn't do much when he started beating the crap out of Mitsoumi. Didn't even use any powers again him iirc either.
    Street Fighter > All


    http://vphamv.deviantart.com/

  3. #23
    giorno- is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vphamv View Post
    Duh, obviously I knew those chapters were about Masataka and Aya, which was the point I was making. Everyone else who was significant to the story had some screen time, and contributed something of value except Maya. Even Bob and Madoka did when they're less important characters. Maya is pretty important in the manga, and I can get why she wasn't in much in the previous chapters since she was a vegetable, but now she's awake and hasn't done anything after leading up to this fight.
    Maya didn't need development coming into the final fight, that's why her screen time is so little...

    You haven't given any reason as to why you disagree.
    as i said, it's because the people nagi revived didn't look one bit happy about it. Their deaths won't make it any less likely for nagi to die...

    Yeah, and iirc Maya said that to Nagi after his mom sacrificed herself to revive her.
    and again in chapter 132 i think, while thinking about masataka's growth and the coming fight against god nagi...

    How is it not? Nagi told him to defeat him as Shin told Mitsoumi to do the same. Masataka is going to try to do what Mitsoumi could not. I believe even Mitsoumi said so when he was in the hospital after the fight between him and Masataka.
    but in the end, the whole point of this fight was to change the predetermined, unchangeable fate

  4. #24
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giorno- View Post
    Maya didn't need development coming into the final fight, that's why her screen time is so little...


    as i said, it's because the people nagi revived didn't look one bit happy about it. Their deaths won't make it any less likely for nagi to die...


    and again in chapter 132 i think, while thinking about masataka's growth and the coming fight against god nagi...


    but in the end, the whole point of this fight was to change the predetermined, unchangeable fate
    So, everything about Maya is resolved, and her almost likely involvement in the incoming fight doesn't need any development?

    I will agree to disagree on this.

    I've looked, but haven't found anything.

    Doesn't change the fact that it is a redo. This time with Masataka possibly doing what his brother couldn't.
    Street Fighter > All


    http://vphamv.deviantart.com/

  5. #25
    xxDoLLarBiLLxx is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Playaz Club
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Tenjou Tenge 136 SPOILER











    MAsataka won but didn't get any girl at the end. he ends up alone as strongest person on earth. They also show BOb's wedding....

    oh great!! never disappoints(he always sucked as writer).

  6. #26
    giorno- is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    97

    Default

    it is confirmed? doesn't say much though...

    i disagree about OG being a bad writer

  7. #27
    Jahnin is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Not it's the guy trying to make a joke because the plot doesn't advance like he want
    "you don't write the story how I want, so you're a bad writer"

  8. #28
    hiei_luke is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in the middle of land & space
    Posts
    127

    Default

    @ spoilers:
    & who gets a girl especially Maya? Are they ended up alone & walked on their own separate ways? (well, except for Bob get hitched).. I am hoping for not an open ending like Eyeshield 21 or Dragon Ball..

    Quote Originally Posted by tenryuken View Post
    You must've missed her fight against the blind kid.
    As far as I am cocerned it was one of the best fight of the manga.
    Well, I think my quotation did mentioned about "the last few chapters since her (Maya's) revival", so, this debate supposed to be revolved around the "Nagi vs Souhaku" till recent chapters. Since I saw none of the story development did showed any of her fighting scenes, so, I regard her as being a bit useless.
    Franklin's:
    To find out a girl's faults, praise her to her girl friends
    Einstein's:
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity

  9. #29
    xxDoLLarBiLLxx is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Playaz Club
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahnin View Post
    Not it's the guy trying to make a joke because the plot doesn't advance like he want
    "you don't write the story how I want, so you're a bad writer"
    its not that. Its just that the story has changed direction and purpose numerous times. Its hard to really grasp the story like that. Too many random character developments.

    Though im sure masataka fanboys are quite happy he ended up as the strongest person on earth(albeit alone).

  10. #30
    giorno- is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    97

    Default

    dunno, after the first volumes of introduction(basically, until the flashback arc began), the story never changed direction or purpose, and personally, i found it pretty easy to follow...

    i think not only was the story pretty good and interesting, but OG did a great job in story-writing, it manages to put the readers in the character's shoes, and perfectly expresses the whole fatalism and fighting against a pre-determined fate concepts that permeates the story

    for those who want spoilers(highlight it if you want to read):




























    masa wins but loses an arm, nagi lives, aya rejects masa, but nagi also can't really like aya....-and i'm not sure about this, but it seems maya dies...
    Last edited by giorno-; 08-18-2010 at 07:41 AM.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79