Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 142
  1. #41
    darksoulzero is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    281

    Default

    I like Masataka,Asshat(what is his real name) and Bob. The main people without powers
    (i do not know what it is about you that closes and opens; only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses) nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.

  2. #42
    Urameshi-sama is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    ^Without red feather powers...

  3. #43
    darksoulzero is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    281

    Default

    ^eggggggzactly!!!!!
    (i do not know what it is about you that closes and opens; only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses) nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.

  4. #44
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    @vphamv
    -_-;;; I'm not amed...
    LOL, my bad, Iono what happened. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    ...because souichirou was a total newbie when it came to fighting with high level martial artists? Nagi did have to learn new things in order to become stronger...but did you see him learning new things after he learned how to control his demon exorcist power?
    What are you talking about? He learned how to control his ki, and minipulate it to his arms and legs with that one move that's Mitsoumi's family special attack(although Mitsoumi knows how to do it with both arms at the same time... :/). Plus learning how to use the new power he gained from others isn't enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    yeah, but it's pretty strong speculation, isn't it? Even though I doubt that Masataka fought anyone with demon blood, he clearly is strong enough to take them on.
    I don't think so, nothing that I've seen seems to point that out to me. How am I supposed to speculate how strong he is if he has not even shown what he is fully capable of doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    So when you say Fuu did not have any powers, does that also mean that Maya doesn't have any powers? Because Fuu generates electricity by touching the ground, which Nagi also showed during the fight with Ishiyumi(or was it somebody else...?), and Maya can make wood as sharp as a blade using her ki. Therefore, Fuu clearly has "power." And no, Masataka can't beat Mitsuomi as he is because Mitsuomi is a superman, but I guess if the three minutes are over, yes, Masataka can beat Mitsuomi, only if he(Masataka) can last that long. And I never said that Masataka can beat Shin. Well, maybe he can, but I said "not incredibly one-sided."
    No... you were talking about how he was he was able to fight someone with demon powers and I was saying how he has not fought anyone
    with demon powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    my question for you is, why do you not see it happening? Of course, it can just happen to a random guy in Japan, but the closest one I see is Masataka because:
    1. he's mitsuomi's brother and we all know that mitsuomi was supposed to be the true warrior
    2. He's got a strong sense of justice and the right thing to do (despite his over-pervertedness, did he actually take all the chances he had to see aya naked?)
    3. Masataka never failed to protect anyone near him/within his sight...
    1. His dad was trying to turn him into the true warrior. didn't say that only their family could be the true warrior.
    2. So does Bob, so that doesn't mean much...
    3. He also never fought anyone who was extremely overpowering.

    Thus far, because it has not been said or seen in the manga with him in a really heated battle were it shows all his potential and capabilities that you guys keep boasting about, I find it really hard to believe he'd be the one at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    Then I hope OG shows some fights with Masataka actually has a challenge.
    I DO TOO! That's my biggest problem with Masataka right now, I'd really like some flashback or a huge battle that takes more than a few chapters to actually finish the fight. Something that shows that he should be the true warrior.

    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    maybe he vigorously trained hard as Bob and Nagi before they came to Masataka's school? After all, for non-demon people, they must train hard(same case with Mitsuomi) in order to match up to demon people. Masataka has also shown some training scenes where he jogs or lifting weights(weights as in lots of water bottles, etc.)
    But, it seemed like it was a breeze, like he was barely sweating in the workout at all. While Mitsoumi trains by putting his life on the line and Bob is constantly training all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    I'm just gonna say that Nagi had been unfortunate to meet all those strong people and fight them despite his premature state.
    But that doesn't demean the fact that he has overcome great odds, become a better fighter and better person from it. As of now both Masataka and Nagi has the same objectives, protecting people they love.

    Quote Originally Posted by amxed View Post
    You don't need to see the past in order to speculate....what I mean is, if you didn't see all those scenes with Mitsuomi training like hell then does that mean you will label him as "not strong"? NO! Because everyone says in the manga that HE IS THE SUPERMAN. with the three minute limit being the kryptonite. Same thing with Masataka. Everyone says he's strong. So why not? Maybe, just maybe, he's strong. Perhaps I'm just being overly emotional about this because Masataka is my favorite character, but let's face it....that some of the things I stated were true.

    ...But no hard feelings, please. Just stated what I thought.
    I don't need the past in order to speculate, but I need SOME kind of proof of how strong he can be aside from speculations...

    Even if we did not see Mitsoumi Training all the time we'd still know that he's a bad ass because we've actually SEEN him fight tough opponents. And seriously, that''s a bad example of if Masataka survive he can beat Mitsoumi...if ANYONE survives after those three minutes they can beat him. The difference is if he can actually do it or not, and even then it is still speculation.

    And of course, no hard feelings here either, it's just a good debate and a way to keep this sub-section alive. xD
    Street Fighter > All


    http://vphamv.deviantart.com/

  5. #45
    Hadou-kou is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    534

    Default

    The thing with Masataka compared to Bob and Nagi is that he's had more experience fighting against strong opponents, real martial artists. Yet, compared to the growth rate and potential that Nagi and Bob have shown through their skills and abilities, I don't see him growing as much. He's had at least two years of training from Maya and he's letting two guys who only started their training only a couple of months ago catch up to him. We know Nagi's red feather abilities have made him improve in that short amount of time and Bob's rhythm gives him the potential to master just about any martial arts technique.

    As for him fighting people with special powers, He's never fought a person with Red feather abilities within them besides Nagi, but that was before. Madoka and Fuu were just being controlled by Souhaku during that time that was it. As for not being harmed in combat, He's been hurt by Nagi with the one punch to the gut, Mitsuomi beating the crap out of him at the bowling alley, and the agains Fuu. Remember, his back was slashed when he was trying to protect himself and Madoka. He was healed by Kagiroi afterwards.

    For him being the True Warrior, I really don't believe so. I think Maya defined a real warrior as being a person who doesn't have to fight, who can fight against himself. Dougen said that it would be a person that has compassion for nature. I see this as someone who can defeat an opponent without laying a hand on them, but knowing where their opponent's attack is going to come from. Who doesn't have hatred against their opponent after they've defeated them. Everyone in the Jyukenbu has some of those qualities, but not all of them.

    We've seen with the fight against nagi that if he is angry at someone, he just goes berserk at them, nearly killing them. I can say that he has improved in his mental strength as he hasn't gone through any berserk modes, since then (Maybe against Kagurazaka that one time, but maybe not).

    I'd hate to compare people to other manga characters, but I think of him as Kakashi from Naruto. He started out as a person with considerable high-level fighting skills, but his students are showing that they are becoming stronger and might've surpassed him.

  6. #46
    Tousen is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the other side of your screen. Come on over.
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Masataka is my favorite character besides Bob. I originally thought he was going to be the star of the series when I saw the beginning of the anime. I was highly disappointed when I realized that Nagi would be the focus.

    I like him because he doesn't have any special powers. He doesn't especially stand out. But I still believe that he can hold his own against almost anyone.

  7. #47
    Shinguyi is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Well, after being called by Souhaku "True Warrior", and being one of the first character intruduced in the whole series, I don't believe O!G would leave him behind. I still have a hunch that he will become an important character in the series; maybe he'll fight Souichiro when he gets possesed by Souhaku, if it does happen.

  8. #48
    deadmantiz is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default

    well, we havent actually seen masataka go all out b4. even the fuu fight only gave him light injuries coz he was covering for the chick and for me, more interestingly is that we havent seen him use any of his own family techniques, although he should have a similar style to his aniki, we dun seen anything recycled or even close to the same style between the 2 bros.

  9. #49
    Hadou-kou is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Masataka was still taken down by Mitsuomi, who almost lost to Nagi back at the bowling alley back before he even discovered the Exorcist powers, so I think that gives some estimate as to what his limit is. I'd say he could be around Bunshichi or somewhat stronger than him right now.
    I just hope that he doesn't fight Nagi. Nagi seemingly doesn't have an actual limit while Masataka does because he's only human. If they do, I think we'll actually see an official lost for Masataka, unless Nagi held back on him like Shin did to Mitsuomi.

  10. #50
    yvj
    yvj is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Maybe it's just me but I feel like Masataka is being subtly hyped up throughout the manga. Though we haven't see him do much what we have seen is insanely impressive (for example how he pwned the guy shooting arrows like two chapters ago) if you take in account that he's only human and he's not all that into fighting nor does he have an overall objective he must achieve like his older brother.

    Then every once in awhile you'll have some of the characters Anya, Maya, Souhaku, Buni (sp?) and others offer up some form of praise cryptic or otherwise.

    He reminds me a bit of Gohan from DBZ who didn't unleash his real potential until much later in the series and when he did he was undoubtedly one of the better fighters in the show.

    Mastaka fans just have to be patient, hopefully we'll see more from him sooner than later.

 

 
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79