Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 142
  1. #121
    BlackAngel84 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Right near the beach, boy!!
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vphamv View Post
    Emi and Bob fought her first, that does mean he got help. I think you're thinking about it the wrong way, not the type of help were they actually lend a hand but the type just the fact that both Bob and Emi fought them first. And isn't it obvious that Masataka saved them? o_O

    Yeah Maya isn't really a long ranged fighter but I suppose she's got the ability to be, well not atm anyway. xD Nagi wasn't really a long ranged fighter before but then he started to use them more after he acquired the bullet thing he uses with his blood and the chase to get to Souhaku. I'd consider Mitsoumi more of a close-mid range since he practices it and used them more than pretty often. Actually in almost every big battle he's had. Also even if Kagurazaka's kick were the strongest in the school, it didn't stop Mitsoumi from pwning Masataka at the bowling alley.
    I don't believe I'm looking at it the wrong way at all. You've basically agreed that Masataka saved both Bob and Emi, that means HE helped THEM, not the other way around. Masataka had no control over the fact that Madoka singled Bob out first, or for Emi's decision to step in afterward. That's like saying a person getting mugged helped a police officer take down the mugger because he was able to distract them long enough for the policeman to arrive. It doesn't change the fact that the policeman more than likely would've been able to take the mugger down had the situation been any different. As for Nagi using the forged needle and water bullets (I forgot that he stole that power from Ishyumi, albeit unintentionally), he only seems to use those moves when his opponent has a weapon or something. And he can only use the water bullets when he's bleeding, as it's very doubtful he can conjure water out of thin air.

    I've noticed you and a few others bringing up Mitsuomi "pwning" Masataka at the bowling alley. But you seem to either forget or neglect the fact that the first time he struck Masataka, the guy had just had his penis caught in his zipper not 5 minutes beforehand. And when Masataka was over the pain enough to fight seriously, Mitsuomi once again took the cheap road by attacking him while his back was turned, as he was focused on finishing off Kagurazaka. Not once have we seen Mitsuomi fight Masataka straight up, and especially not when Masataka was serious. I doubt Mitsuomi would be able to "pwn" him so easily otherwise.
    Last edited by BlackAngel84; 07-04-2008 at 05:58 PM.

  2. #122
    Hadou-kou is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel84 View Post
    I don't believe I'm looking at it the wrong way at all. You've basically agreed that Masataka saved both Bob and Emi, that means HE helped THEM, not the other way around. Masataka had no control over the fact that Madoka singled Bob out first, or for Emi's decision to step in afterward. That's like saying a person getting mugged helped a police officer take down the mugger because he was able to distract them long enough for the policeman to arrive. It doesn't change the fact that the policeman more than likely would've been able to take the mugger down had the situation been any different. As for Nagi using the forged needle and water bullets (I forgot that he stole that power from Ishyumi, albeit unintentionally), he only seems to use those moves when his opponent has a weapon or something. And he can only use the water bullets when he's bleeding, as it's very doubtful he can conjure water out of thin air.

    I've noticed you and a few others bringing up Mitsuomi "pwning" Masataka at the bowling alley. But you seem to either forget or neglect the fact that the first time he struck Masataka, the guy had just had his penis caught in his zipper not 5 minutes beforehand. And when Masataka was over the pain enough to fight seriously, Mitsuomi once again took the cheap road by attacking him while his back was turned, as he was focused on finishing off Kagurazaka. Not once have we seen Mitsuomi fight Masataka straight up, and especially not when Masataka was serious. I doubt Mitsuomi would be able to "pwn" him so easily otherwise.
    Nobody's denying that he helped them. I guess to explain it better, Masataka is just one of those fighters that haven't showed their full potential yet cause he never fought a fighter that was fresh. Emi and Bob (Well, Bob) got a few hits on Madoka before Masataka used Bob to shoot a blast of Ki, hiding behind him (most likely intentionally to catch Madoka off guard). With Fu'Chien, Aya and Fu'Chien were squaring off before he went one on one with him. Then Bunshichi gave him one blow, which knock Zombie Fu temporarily and he took his electrical powers to blow him away before Masataka made any significant blows to him. As for Nagi, just because he only used his blood so far, doesn't mean that he can't use water. In every fight that he has used those blood bullets, there was no water source to draw it from. Ishiyumi had to lead Souichiro to a source of water so he could use it, he couldn't draw water from thin air either. If you say that Souichiro can only use that against weapons, then you can say Masataka can't fight against long-ranged fighters unless he gets upclose.

    Mitsuomi pwned Masataka at the Bowling Alley-there's no excuse for that. Masataka has bad sensing abilities or he can't sense people stronger than him. Bob popped up behind him back at the cafeteria before him and Souichirou got training from Maya. And then there was Mitsuomi taking him down with a few punches. If he was supposed to be the ultimate martial artist, he would have a better sense of who's around him, even if he was hurt or focused on something else. Mitsuomi might not be able to pwn Masataka as easily as he did back at the bowling alley (Especially since he was in a wheelchair sucking on air and the fact that he's supposed to die tomorrow or like a few days OR the fact that he just fought against Bunshichi, who basically let Mitsuomi kill him so he could save him), but if they were to fight now, it wouldn't look as fair, wouldn't it?

  3. #123
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel84 View Post
    I don't believe I'm looking at it the wrong way at all. You've basically agreed that Masataka saved both Bob and Emi, that means HE helped THEM, not the other way around. Masataka had no control over the fact that Madoka singled Bob out first, or for Emi's decision to step in afterward. That's like saying a person getting mugged helped a police officer take down the mugger because he was able to distract them long enough for the policeman to arrive. It doesn't change the fact that the policeman more than likely would've been able to take the mugger down had the situation been any different. As for Nagi using the forged needle and water bullets (I forgot that he stole that power from Ishyumi, albeit unintentionally), he only seems to use those moves when his opponent has a weapon or something. And he can only use the water bullets when he's bleeding, as it's very doubtful he can conjure water out of thin air.
    Like I said, you're misunderstanding it. Hadou-kou pretty much summed it up again, the help was that she had already been fighting and somewhat injured due to the battle before hand. Also I don't think that's a really good example seeing as the examples were almost completely different.

    I've noticed you and a few others bringing up Mitsuomi "pwning" Masataka at the bowling alley. But you seem to either forget or neglect the fact that the first time he struck Masataka, the guy had just had his penis caught in his zipper not 5 minutes beforehand. And when Masataka was over the pain enough to fight seriously, Mitsuomi once again took the cheap road by attacking him while his back was turned, as he was focused on finishing off Kagurazaka. Not once have we seen Mitsuomi fight Masataka straight up, and especially not when Masataka was serious. I doubt Mitsuomi would be able to "pwn" him so easily otherwise.
    Masataka was pretty much fine after he got himself caught on his zipper since he started beating the crap out of Kagurazaga once he got serious. Tenjou Tenge 16 page 32 | One Manga


    __________

    @Hadou-kou - I actually forgot that Masataka didn't sense Bob, and yeah he diffinitly did not sense this either.
    Tenjou Tenge 21 page 09 | One Manga

    In all honesty I wouldn't doubt it if TT pulled a Naruto in the whole brother area.... =/
    Street Fighter > All


    http://vphamv.deviantart.com/

  4. #124
    BlackAngel84 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Right near the beach, boy!!
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hadou-kou View Post
    Nobody's denying that he helped them. I guess to explain it better, Masataka is just one of those fighters that haven't showed their full potential yet cause he never fought a fighter that was fresh. Emi and Bob (Well, Bob) got a few hits on Madoka before Masataka used Bob to shoot a blast of Ki, hiding behind him (most likely intentionally to catch Madoka off guard). With Fu'Chien, Aya and Fu'Chien were squaring off before he went one on one with him. Then Bunshichi gave him one blow, which knock Zombie Fu temporarily and he took his electrical powers to blow him away before Masataka made any significant blows to him. As for Nagi, just because he only used his blood so far, doesn't mean that he can't use water. In every fight that he has used those blood bullets, there was no water source to draw it from. Ishiyumi had to lead Souichiro to a source of water so he could use it, he couldn't draw water from thin air either. If you say that Souichiro can only use that against weapons, then you can say Masataka can't fight against long-ranged fighters unless he gets upclose.

    Mitsuomi pwned Masataka at the Bowling Alley-there's no excuse for that. Masataka has bad sensing abilities or he can't sense people stronger than him. Bob popped up behind him back at the cafeteria before him and Souichirou got training from Maya. And then there was Mitsuomi taking him down with a few punches. If he was supposed to be the ultimate martial artist, he would have a better sense of who's around him, even if he was hurt or focused on something else. Mitsuomi might not be able to pwn Masataka as easily as he did back at the bowling alley (Especially since he was in a wheelchair sucking on air and the fact that he's supposed to die tomorrow or like a few days OR the fact that he just fought against Bunshichi, who basically let Mitsuomi kill him so he could save him), but if they were to fight now, it wouldn't look as fair, wouldn't it?
    Masataka had just fought 80 guys by himself to keep Bob and his girlfriend safe, as well as punching a hole in the floor so that Souichiro could get to Aya and Maya. So by what you guys are saying, Mitsuomi had help from the 80 guys Masataka had beat down shortly before his arrival. Not to mention the fact that he was also helping Bob walk when Mitsuomi gave him the first cheap shot. I don't believe I'm misunderstanding anything, I just see you guys unfairly judging Masataka's abilities, saying one thing doesn't apply to him but applies to everyone else.

    Was Masataka able to sense Bob at school? No, but he'd just seen a panty shot of Aya when she stepped over him. Call me crazy for believing that a teenage boy would get distracted enough by something like that, enough that he couldn't sense Bob's presence. As for the bowling alley, like I said, he was already focused on finishing off Kagurazaka, whom he was FIGHTING before Mitsuomi decked him from behind. Again, going by what you guys are saying, you could say Mitsuomi had help from Kagurazaka to beat Masataka.

    [Quote]Masataka was pretty much fine after he got himself caught on his zipper since he started beating the crap out of Kagurazaga once he got serious.[Quote]

    Even if he has bad sensing abilities, that has no bearing on his physical abilities. Plus, in battle, turning your attention off of a downed opponent could and does lead to you getting hurt/killed by the very opponent you have beat. If you say that Masataka still lost to Mitsuomi in the bowling alley regardless of previous injury or being in a fight before hand, as you guys seem to be saying about Masataka, then there should be no excuse for Madoka loosing to Masataka or for Fu loosing to him either. Do you see the double standards here?

  5. #125
    Hadou-kou is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel84 View Post
    Masataka had just fought 80 guys by himself to keep Bob and his girlfriend safe, as well as punching a hole in the floor so that Souichiro could get to Aya and Maya. So by what you guys are saying, Mitsuomi had help from the 80 guys Masataka had beat down shortly before his arrival. Not to mention the fact that he was also helping Bob walk when Mitsuomi gave him the first cheap shot. I don't believe I'm misunderstanding anything, I just see you guys unfairly judging Masataka's abilities, saying one thing doesn't apply to him but applies to everyone else.

    Was Masataka able to sense Bob at school? No, but he'd just seen a panty shot of Aya when she stepped over him. Call me crazy for believing that a teenage boy would get distracted enough by something like that, enough that he couldn't sense Bob's presence. As for the bowling alley, like I said, he was already focused on finishing off Kagurazaka, whom he was FIGHTING before Mitsuomi decked him from behind. Again, going by what you guys are saying, you could say Mitsuomi had help from Kagurazaka to beat Masataka.
    [Quote]Masataka was pretty much fine after he got himself caught on his zipper since he started beating the crap out of Kagurazaga once he got serious.

    Even if he has bad sensing abilities, that has no bearing on his physical abilities. Plus, in battle, turning your attention off of a downed opponent could and does lead to you getting hurt/killed by the very opponent you have beat. If you say that Masataka still lost to Mitsuomi in the bowling alley regardless of previous injury or being in a fight before hand, as you guys seem to be saying about Masataka, then there should be no excuse for Madoka loosing to Masataka or for Fu loosing to him either. Do you see the double standards here?
    Fine, he fought 80 guys, but if Bob was able to take out some of them with less than a week of training, then Masataka-who has at least two years of training and experience fighting against other martial artists in the election tournament, should have been able to take out the basic of goons with as far as we seen, can't or didn't use ki attacks. He didn't look so helpless against Kagurazaka when he recovered. True, Bob might've needed his help walking, but look at his style of fighting and the area that he was fighting in and his conditions: he had to hide Chiaki in a locker cause he couldn't get out in time and his style, before he started learning other attacks, is Capoiera. To use it to attack and not for performance, you need space to move.

    If Masataka just saw a panty shot, then why didn't it stop him when he saw Madoka in her undergarments or Nokimi when she was naked? What you're saying is that all you have to do to beat Masataka is to flash some girl's private parts and throw a kunai to the head: quick and simple. At this point, it doesn't matter how honorable you may be, if you're still not aware of your surroundings, how can you be a True Warrior?

    I don't believe I'm misunderstanding anything, I just see you guys unfairly judging Masataka's abilities, saying one thing doesn't apply to him but applies to everyone else.
    We're not saying that, at least I'm not saying that it doesn't apply to anyone else. When the topic is "Masataka", then he's the focus. What I'm trying to say is that he has strengths and he has weaknesses, simple as that. Not to say that anyone else isn't in the same ballpark as him.

  6. #126
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    ^ah, then my mistake.

    Anyway, no one said anything about Masataka not winning against Fu and Madoka... O_o
    Street Fighter > All


    http://vphamv.deviantart.com/

  7. #127
    BlackAngel84 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Right near the beach, boy!!
    Posts
    80

    Default

    [QUOTE=Hadou-kou;638740]
    Masataka was pretty much fine after he got himself caught on his zipper since he started beating the crap out of Kagurazaga once he got serious.

    Fine, he fought 80 guys, but if Bob was able to take out some of them with less than a week of training, then Masataka-who has at least two years of training and experience fighting against other martial artists in the election tournament, should have been able to take out the basic of goons with as far as we seen, can't or didn't use ki attacks. He didn't look so helpless against Kagurazaka when he recovered. True, Bob might've needed his help walking, but look at his style of fighting and the area that he was fighting in and his conditions: he had to hide Chiaki in a locker cause he couldn't get out in time and his style, before he started learning other attacks, is Capoiera. To use it to attack and not for performance, you need space to move.

    If Masataka just saw a panty shot, then why didn't it stop him when he saw Madoka in her undergarments or Nokimi when she was naked? What you're saying is that all you have to do to beat Masataka is to flash some girl's private parts and throw a kunai to the head: quick and simple. At this point, it doesn't matter how honorable you may be, if you're still not aware of your surroundings, how can you be a True Warrior?



    We're not saying that, at least I'm not saying that it doesn't apply to anyone else. When the topic is "Masataka", then he's the focus. What I'm trying to say is that he has strengths and he has weaknesses, simple as that. Not to say that anyone else isn't in the same ballpark as him.
    The panty shot of Madoka not affecting him as much could probably be due to the fact that he was pissed that she had nearly killed Bob not moments before, don't you think? As for Nokimi, the bug girl if I remember correctly, the fight with her was over by the time he got there. So just how does that apply to the scene of Aya in the lunch room? It doesn't, there is a very subtle difference in between the two. And it still doesn't change the fact that in the bowling alley he was too focused on Kagurazaka to notice Mitsuomi approaching from behind. Never taking your eyes off of your opponent, that's a basic principle among any fighter, period. Hell, even Bunshichi dropped his guard back in the flashback arc when he discovered Emi spying on him.

    The point is, you can't use one instance of him being distracted in the school lunch room as a reason why he can't or shouldn't be the true warrior. I'm not denying that he has weaknesses, I mean just about everyone in the series has weaknesses. I don't see Souichiro with high sensory awareness like Bob, so I could use that to say that he can't be the true warrior because of that either.

  8. #128
    Hadou-kou is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    534

    Default

    [QUOTE=BlackAngel84;638908]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadou-kou View Post

    The panty shot of Madoka not affecting him as much could probably be due to the fact that he was pissed that she had nearly killed Bob not moments before, don't you think? As for Nokimi, the bug girl if I remember correctly, the fight with her was over by the time he got there. So just how does that apply to the scene of Aya in the lunch room? It doesn't, there is a very subtle difference in between the two. And it still doesn't change the fact that in the bowling alley he was too focused on Kagurazaka to notice Mitsuomi approaching from behind. Never taking your eyes off of your opponent, that's a basic principle among any fighter, period. Hell, even Bunshichi dropped his guard back in the flashback arc when he discovered Emi spying on him.

    The point is, you can't use one instance of him being distracted in the school lunch room as a reason why he can't or shouldn't be the true warrior. I'm not denying that he has weaknesses, I mean just about everyone in the series has weaknesses. I don't see Souichiro with high sensory awareness like Bob, so I could use that to say that he can't be the true warrior because of that either.
    True, never take your eyes off your opponent, but you're supposed to know about your surroundings. He obviously saw Mitsuomi and should've known Bob had no chance against Mitsuomi. You can say that about Souichiro not having as much awareness as Bob, so that wouldn't make him The True Warrior either. What i've been trying to say is that the War God (Not going to use True Warrior since they only use that in the anime, so the scanlators use that reference to simplify it and Oh! Great had next to no say in how they interpretted it ) could really be anyone, if the true warrior exists or one of the three gods. There isn't one person that stands out after Maya, Souichiro, and Mitsuomi.

  9. #129
    BlackAngel84 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Right near the beach, boy!!
    Posts
    80

    Default

    [QUOTE=Hadou-kou;639021]
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel84 View Post

    True, never take your eyes off your opponent, but you're supposed to know about your surroundings. He obviously saw Mitsuomi and should've known Bob had no chance against Mitsuomi. You can say that about Souichiro not having as much awareness as Bob, so that wouldn't make him The True Warrior either. What i've been trying to say is that the War God (Not going to use True Warrior since they only use that in the anime, so the scanlators use that reference to simplify it and Oh! Great had next to no say in how they interpretted it ) could really be anyone, if the true warrior exists or one of the three gods. There isn't one person that stands out after Maya, Souichiro, and Mitsuomi.
    Well, it's Oh Great!'s manga, so I guess all we can do is wait and see how his tale unfolds. I just won't say that it can only be Maya, Souichiro, or Mitsuomi. There are way too many characters whose true abilities haven't been shown yet, not just Masataka, but even Bob as well, for any of us to make any definite assumptions. What I will admit is that as far as which characters are playing the three gods, Maya and Souichiro are definitely in their roles. However, the role of Tsukiyomi hasn't even been decided yet, regardless of whether or not Mitsuomi is the prime candidate for the position. So it's too early to start saying who the True Warrior/War God is as well.

  10. #130
    vita is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14

    Default

    i dont like him but in the latest chapter its shown he is some what useful.

 

 
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162