Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    Aikido is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,658

    Default Firefox is amazing

    Because of themes.

    I get so happy each time I switch themes, and add extensions. Its such a wonderful thing.

    Incidentally, am I posting this in the right section? I know this is "Support" technically, but I feel like I would be bitch-slapped for posting something tech related in Chit Chat.

    But yea. What Firefox theme are y'all using.

    Currently switched from Japan Black to iFox. ^ ^

  2. #2
    Rocklee87 is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    853

    Default

    i dont know how to do that stuff, and fiefox has recently slowed down like crazy so ive been using IE

  3. #3
    d-boy is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    231

    Default

    I think Opera better than firefox, but IE 7 looks like really promising

  4. #4
    Volvogga's Avatar
    Volvogga is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MI, USA
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    I was using Silverskin for a loooonnnnggggg time (ever since it was put up as a new download), but now use Black Japan. At the time, Silver Skin was not compatable, but now I stick with Black Japan as it goes with my windows theme (blood red and black) and gives me a little more real estate than Silverskin did (still use silverskin for thunderbird though).

    also.... I'm pimping this as it is the coolest thing I have seen anyone do in a long time (almost as cool as the mouse gestures)...

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1942/

    Reveal basicly makes you have tabbing and history features that are just beautiful. Adds a magnifying glass too. :P

    Check out all the extention winners and see if you find something you really like.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/winners.php
    Vol~

    thanks to Silverwmoon!

  5. #5
    Sensimilija is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    HBG 042
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Opera FTW, and IE 7 screw that its to firefox-ish
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real" - Tupac Shakur (1971-1996)

  6. #6
    Jyuu's Avatar
    Jyuu is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,689

    Default

    Firefox is overrated.

  7. #7
    Sensimilija is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    HBG 042
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    It kinda went from good to mainstream..
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real" - Tupac Shakur (1971-1996)

  8. #8
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    with opera too you can change skins and etc. ^^

    i use noia lite for firefox, it's the only theme i really like
    for the extensions, i can't live without all in one sidebar and adblock anymore (+others..)

    edit @sensimilija : mainstream can be good too
    Last edited by shautieh; 04-11-2006 at 03:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Sensimilija is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    HBG 042
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Mainstream is never good never ever. Ill give you some examples. 1st Firefox. 2nd Naruto 3rd Eminem etc etc

    Why you should use Opera instead of FireFox:

    In Firefox, when you have a lot of tabs open and switch from one tab to another, there's a significant delay. It seems like the tab switching function loop 1000 times too many before it actually switches to the tab. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    With Firefox, starting up takes forever and navigating the UI menus and the whole interface in general, is not as responsive as it should be. Opera doesn't have those problems.

    In Firefox, you can't really configure plugins much. In the 1.5 betas, you can do some configuration, but a lot of the settings don't have any effect. There's no option to turn of plugins. Opera doesn't have thos problems.

    In Firefox, there's no g keyword for the address bar to search google. You can add this with a bookmark and a keyword. Opera already has this set up without the need for a bookmark.

    In Firefox, you can't add a separate go button for use with the google search box. Opera doesnt have that problem.

    In Firefox, you can't minimize a tabbed page inside the main window. You therefore can't left-click on a tab to minimize it and have Firefox focus on the last unminimized tab. You can't cascade and tile pages. You can't have a minimize, maximize/restore, and close page for each tab. Opera doesn't have those problems.

    In Firefox, left-clicking on a bookmark no longer opens the bookmark in a new tab and focuses it. Opera doesn't have this problem.

    In Firefox, zooming only increases/decreases text. Opera increases/decreases everything.

    In Firefox, the downoad manager doesn't open in a new tab. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, there's no F12 quick preferences menu. This is not a problem in Opera.

    In Firefox, there's no "continue from last time" option. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, you can't specify how you want popups handled. In Opera, this is not a problem.

    In Firefox, there's no right-click->open option so you can override link targets. This is not a problem in Opera.

    In Firefox, F11 still shows tab bar. This is not a problem in Opera.

    In Firefox, there's no Small Screen Rendering mode or fit-to-width mode. This is not a problem in Opera.

    In Firefox, there are no mouse gestures. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, you can't minimize to the tray. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, you don't have very many buttons to customize the toolbar with. You can't easilly add new buttons and you can barely customize the toolbars. Opera doesn't have those problems.

    In Firefox, you can't control where the progress bar is. This is not a problem in Opera.

    In Firefox, you have a sidebar, but you can't add anything to it. You can't control its position either. Opera doesn't have those problems.

    In Firefox, you don't have any session management. That's not a problem in Opera.

    With Firefox, you can't have 2 firefox processes that use different profiles, running at the same time. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, textareas don't force wrapping and if you have long text with no spaces, you'll get a horizontal scrollbar, no matter what. Opera doesn't have this problem.

    In Firefox, the classid attribute for the object tag makes Firefox not use the data attribute, which can cause it to fail loading the plugin. Firefox only honors the codebase attribute for the classid attribute instead of both the classid and data attribute. Opera doesn't have those problems.

    In Firefox, when loading the realplayer plugin, paramaters specified via param tags for the object tag have no effect. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, when setting display:table on an element, it strips white-space before applying anonymous table elements, which causes missing white-space in the content. Opera doesn't have this problem.

    In Firefox, document.createNodeIterator does not work; only createTreeWalker works. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, javascript execution speed is slow. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, when a java applet fails to initialize and you later close Firefox, the Firefox process often remains open and you have to kill it manually. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, the framespacing attribute for the frameset tag doesn't work. You have to use the frameborder attribute, which is oddball. Opera doesn't have that problem.

    In Firefox, there are no content preferences that allow you to toggle gif animation, sound, frames etc. Firefox does have a frame toggle in about:config. Opera doesn't have these problems.

    In Firefox, there's no "close all" option for tabs. This is not a problem in Opera.

    In Firefox, there's a buffer for commands. For example, if you have a lot of tabs open and middle-click faster than Firefox can close the tabs, the number of clicks builds up and Firefox ends up closing the next available tab till the buffer is empty. This is a problem because you end up closing more tabs than you want. This is not a problem in Opera.

    In Firefox, if you ctrl+w to close a page and there's only one page, it closes Firefox completely. This is not a problem in Opera.

    In Firefox, because the size of each tab is the size of the main window, javascript screws up the size of the main window. Opera doesn't have this problem.

    notes: Those comments reflect Opera vs. Firefox, not Firefox + "3rd party extensions" and Opera + "3rd party plugins/programs".
    Last edited by Sensimilija; 04-11-2006 at 04:07 AM.
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real" - Tupac Shakur (1971-1996)

  10. #10
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    Mainstream is never good never ever. Ill give you some examples. 1st Firefox. 2nd Naruto 3rd Eminem etc etc
    one piece is mainstream in japan, and is still one of the best
    there are tons of other examples, i'll let others search for them ^^"


    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, when you have a lot of tabs open and switch from one tab to another, there's a significant delay. It seems like the tab switching function loop 1000 times too many before it actually switches to the tab. Opera doesn't have that problem.
    i don't have any problems with that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    With Firefox, starting up takes forever and navigating the UI menus and the whole interface in general, is not as responsive as it should be. Opera doesn't have those problems.
    it's a little bit slow, but far from what you say >.>

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, you can't really configure plugins much. In the 1.5 betas, you can do some configuration, but a lot of the settings don't have any effect. There's no option to turn of plugins. Opera doesn't have thos problems.
    it depends on the plugin...; some are really "configurable", some are not.
    there ARE option to turn off plugins, since the beginning..... XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, there's no g keyword for the address bar to search google. You can add this with a bookmark and a keyword. Opera already has this set up without the need for a bookmark.
    there is a google bar inplemented... instead of typing "g blabla" you type "tab blabla"
    that's so different huh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, you can't add a separate go button for use with the google search box. Opera doesnt have that problem.
    not sure if i understood what you meant.... but don't "enter" does the same thing ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, you can't minimize a tabbed page inside the main window. You therefore can't left-click on a tab to minimize it and have Firefox focus on the last unminimized tab. You can't cascade and tile pages. You can't have a minimize, maximize/restore, and close page for each tab. Opera doesn't have those problems.
    it's not "problems", i don't need that.
    and maybe a plugin can do it, don't know...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, left-clicking on a bookmark no longer opens the bookmark in a new tab and focuses it. Opera doesn't have this problem.
    LOL, don't have this problem either...

    ... with firefox... (that's what the middle click IS for)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, the downoad manager doesn't open in a new tab. Opera doesn't have that problem.
    you can configure it as you want >.>

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, there's no "continue from last time" option. Opera doesn't have that problem.
    there are excellent plugins for that

    again, that's not a problem..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, there's no right-click->open option so you can override link targets. This is not a problem in Opera.
    again, plugins

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, F11 still shows tab bar. This is not a problem in Opera.
    for me it's the contrary, i dislike the F11 in opera....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, there are no mouse gestures. Opera doesn't have that problem.
    plugins....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, you can't minimize to the tray. Opera doesn't have that problem.
    yeah, that's a BIG problem isn't it .... ^^'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    In Firefox, you don't have very many buttons to customize the toolbar with. You can't easilly add new buttons and you can barely customize the toolbars. Opera doesn't have those problems.
    no, you have, and you can easily change them...



    your post was too long to respond entirely, but about you last remark : it's stupid to compare raw firefox with raw opera, as users don't use them raw....

    there are plugins in order to be used as the user want it to !


    and i only use opera to look for big images gallery because there are some problem with the memory in firefox.... and opera didn't impress me enough to use only it..


    ps : each time you say that opera doesn't have this or that problem, while it's actually NOT a problem, and even sometimes the way it's done in opera IS the problem lol

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162