My Motorola V3 Razr phone keeps displaying "Invalid Battery" and then shuts off after about 15 seconds. There's not much more to say...Hope you guys can help.
From what I'm reading about it now, this phone is a real buggy piece of engineering on all fronts. O_O
Your problem seems to be the most common though (be glad you don't have one of the one's with the glitch that the entire thing shuts off whenever it looses a signal).
So far, I'm seeing the following solutions:
1. Getto rig it with a piece of paper under the batter so it stays connected.
2. Unplug, take out, replug, and reseat the battery. (some say to pull the battery while the phone is actualy on... maybe as a last resort before you flash the thing or something >_> ).
3. Take the battery back and get a new one... the official Moterola one as well.
4. Let the battery run completely out of juice. Then recharge and try again.
5. Clean the battery contacts with rubbing alchohol on a little cotton swab. Let that dry (shouldn't take to long) and then try again.
6. Reflowed CPU. (I haven't found out exactly what this is, or how to do it. Hoping you do, as you own the phone).
7. Find and reflash the phone's firmware with the latest version.
Lastly... call your customer support or go talk to the guy you bought it from and bitch like no other.
thanks to Silverwmoon!
Yeah, for such a beautiful phone, you'd think it'd be reliable...
how old is the phone? if it's more than a year, it could be something moto have added themselves (some manufacturers do that, so that when your warranty is up after a year, you'll have to buy a new one). Actually because it is a beautiful makes it less reliable... design phones son't have the best reputations...
i was thinking the same thing...
Originally Posted by fabarati
but anyway, i had a friend who complained his RAZR was a crapbox, so it's likely not to be just you. errr...i don't reckon that was even an infinitesimal degree of helpfulness to you, but perhaps it comes as some sort of consolation?
I got the phone at around February of this year, so it's not even half a year old. In fact, this problem occurred in April, and I'm just starting to get the time to address it.
The phone can't turn on by itself, but when plugged into the charger, it will turn on, say "invalid battery", "unable to charge", or even sometimes "insert sim" (when the sim is already in, of course). Then it shuts off.
Uhh... yeah. That's one of the problems I often saw in searching. Solution given was that most of the time, you just had to unplug the battery, let the device sit for a little bit, and plug the battery back in. Then it would charge correctly and start working again (most of the time, sometimes you need to clean the contacts or ghetto rig it). So... like I said, the list I put up before... give those a try.
Originally Posted by MojoMunkeez
thanks to Silverwmoon!
there should be warranty right?
Hmm, it's someone else who seems to be having problems with their mobile phone. Maybe someone can help me, too.
I've tried most of the options (unplugging, ghetto rigging, cleaning the contacts, trying a new battery) and all of them don't seem to work.
However, I think I might have made a breakthrough. It actually says "Charging Battery" sometimes now. But then it goes to "Charge Complete" in a mater of seconds.
And when I let it charge for four hours, I try to use it, (still plugged in, of course), it stil turns off in a matter of seconds.