Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    ironbomb is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xRisingForce View Post
    I only need to say one thing. She holds the no. 1 high school record for high jump. One. First. Art is like riding a bike, once you learn, you can never forget it. Do you honestly think that an eight months' leave will prevent her from becoming the dominant force she once was? The pregnancy was an obvious trial, and Suzuka definitely had enough willpower to overcome it. Seo just made her choose not to.
    There have been alot of athletes that have fail similar situations. I understand that she is definitely a dominant force but by no means is being INACTIVE gonna be an easy task to overcome, especially a long period of time. Ones body takes time to adapt. I totally agree that the pregnancy was a trial.

    Quote Originally Posted by xRisingForce View Post
    I mean in all seriousness bro, if you opt for pessimism as much as you make it sound like you do, Akitsuki might have well as given up trying to best Arima in high school since he had no prior accomplishments in track, he was running in blind. Suzuka should've just gotten the child aborted so they could find an easy way out to go to Seojoudai. Or altogether, Akitsuki should've abandoned her for Honoka, or even Hashiba, since Suzuka was playing such a bitch to get. But no, if you don't understand by now the heavy conflict is what drives this plot!
    I dont believe that has much to do with the discussion we are discussing over. I always take the "worst-case" scenario into account before acting or deciding my solution. Im just saying the situation where she would be able to attend a competition after pregnancy is a tough task and not a easy road to travel on. I never stated that its impossible but its just too unpredictable and not an "obvious" choice to make. See, thats where I dont understand why you bring that up..."But no, if you don't understand by now the heavy conflict is what drives this plot! - That doesnt have to do with the discussion and I do understand thats what ignites the fire within us...but by no means was that necessary to be stated.

    Quote Originally Posted by xRisingForce View Post
    And as to Alex90Lee, how the hell can you so carelessly condense Ichigo 100% into a series of panty shots? That's both completely ignorant of you and tremendously disrespectful to the author. Ichigo 100% is about more than just fanservice, the female leads just happen to be hot as shit. It's about everyone, not just Manaka, everyone's growth into maturity from middle school up until graduation, it's about Manaka's struggle to realize his dream as a filmographer and taking the first step towards that in Izumisaka, it's about how he built the legacy he left behind the school with the film club he built from the ground up, it's about how his major character flaw, indecisiveness, is going to lead to either him finding the girl of his dreams, or everyone leaving him- seriously, I could go on and on. But I don't need a thesis to prove that it's beyond retarded to call anything other than Ikki Tousen pure fan service.
    ^ Totally agreed.

  2. #32
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
    There have been alot of athletes that have fail similar situations. I understand that she is definitely a dominant force but by no means is being INACTIVE gonna be an easy task to overcome, especially a long period of time. Ones body takes time to adapt. I totally agree that the pregnancy was a trial.

    I dont believe that has much to do with the discussion we are discussing over. I always take the "worst-case" scenario into account before acting or deciding my solution. Im just saying the situation where she would be able to attend a competition after pregnancy is a tough task and not a easy road to travel on. I never stated that its impossible but its just too unpredictable and not an "obvious" choice to make. See, thats where I dont understand why you bring that up..."But no, if you don't understand by now the heavy conflict is what drives this plot! - That doesnt have to do with the discussion and I do understand thats what ignites the fire within us...but by no means was that necessary to be stated.

    ^ Totally agreed.
    Why'd I say it? Because I obviously needed to. When or where the hell did i ever say it was going to be easy? It's going to be fucking HARD, but overcoming it is certainly doable and hardships aren't anything new to Suzuka or Yamato. As for why you don't get that phrase- open your mind. You're being incredibly indecisive by saying Akitsuki shouldn't have dropped out of school and whatnot, while you still argue with my resolution. Your main critique is that is would be hard for Suzuka- no shit Sherlock. You know what, I don't even vaguely understand anything about your stance anymore. But if you WERE siding with Seo's resolution of Suzuka when clearly this manga is characterized by hardship, meaning he could've easily and realistically taken the ending in an entirely different direction. That's what you're seemingly failing to understand.

    ..ignites the fire??? <-- what?????????

    Oh yeah, Ichigo 100&#37; did kick ass. One of my favorite mangas by far.
    Last edited by xRisingForce; 11-23-2007 at 08:39 PM.

  3. #33
    Akitsuki311 is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In my Dreamland.....
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Let's try to go back to what really happened here....How could Yamato possibly take care of the baby when he's going to college??He already promised to suzuka's dad that he would work hard and not bother them. Yeah I think Suzuka's recommendation would be nullified. The track team won't wait for her, she's not the only player in the team and who cares if she was Japan's no.1 high school high-jumper??There are still a lot of people who has more potential than her and probably even surpass her in the college life. So how the hell can they recover from that???I believed it could've been better but there's no other way that Seo could've ended it other than the way that he did. Otherwise, it would be very unrealistic and corny.

    I agree Ichigo is my favorite manga of all time!!

  4. #34
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akitsuki311 View Post
    Let's try to go back to what really happened here....How could Yamato possibly take care of the baby when he's going to college??He already promised to suzuka's dad that he would work hard and not bother them.
    You're just trying to be pessimistic here. What about Yamato's aunt? She's very dependable and reasonable, I'm sure they could some sort of daytime agreement out where she takes care of the baby when he's at school and when he comes back he takes the baby. What about Yamato's parents? What if his mother was seriously considering moving into the bathhouse to look after the child? Come on dude, there was no other way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Akitsuki311 View Post
    I believed it could've been better but there's no other way that Seo could've ended it other than the way that he did. Otherwise, it would be very unrealistic and corny.
    I can't believe you. Throughout this thread your posts have continued to be of little value and irrelevant. You're like the soldier who takes pot shots at the enemy with grenades, hoping you'll hit something by random chance. Why don't you actually think this through? Since you're still sincerely asking this, you should really visit this thread, it might clear some things up for you: http://stoptazmo.com/suzuka/26179-suzuka-review.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Akitsuki311 View Post
    Yeah I think Suzuka's recommendation would be nullified. The track team won't wait for her, she's not the only player in the team and who cares if she was Japan's no.1 high school high-jumper??
    ...You are an eternal pessimist, with no obvious knowledge of sports. Do you know how much teams will invest when they see one bright star? Do you know why athletes are worth as much as they are? Maybe you should verse yourself on some basic sport principles and then you might realize Suzuka's worth. Honestly man, who cares if she's Japan's number 1 high school jumper? Do you know how stupid you sound for even asking that question?

    I'm not intentionally trying to come off as overbearing or arrogant or snide or anything like that- just when you say something as intellectually worthless as this.. "There are still a lot of people who has more potential than her and probably even surpass her in the college life. So how the hell can they recover from that???" ..ugh.

    Shit like this pisses me off:
    Quote Originally Posted by Akitsuki311 View Post
    Also the sudden change of mind of suzuka's parents about yamato still left me confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akitsuki311 View Post
    And of course she can't practice right away after just giving birth so that's plus 1-2 months.
    Why do you constantly feel the need to contribute to my thread with these dumb one-liners? If you don't have anything valuable or insightful, or at least entertaining to say, don't say it!

    On a final note..

    Quote Originally Posted by Akitsuki311 View Post
    There are still a lot of people who has more potential than her and probably even surpass her in the college life.
    Where the hell did you pull this from???
    Last edited by xRisingForce; 11-24-2007 at 01:56 AM.

  5. #35
    gonzo562 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
    A little bit. I never liked timeskips especially when they don't tell you what happened during that time. That may be the reason why you felt it was rushed as well?

    yah one reason is because of the timeskips


    the 2nd reason because i thought the manga could of lasted longer. Suzuka getting married and the manga ending happened to fast to me.

    i thought thier could of been a college arc, arima vs yamato arc with yamato finally beating arima finally.

    i really enjoyed this manga just felt he could of continued the manga a little longer before ending it with suzuka getting pregnant and getting married.

  6. #36
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
    yah one reason is because of the timeskips


    the 2nd reason because i thought the manga could of lasted longer. Suzuka getting married and the manga ending happened to fast to me.

    i thought thier could of been a college arc, arima vs yamato arc with yamato finally beating arima finally.

    i really enjoyed this manga just felt he could of continued the manga a little longer before ending it with suzuka getting pregnant and getting married.
    I definitely agree with everything you stated in your post. The resolution seemed very rushed, and the idea of a college arc would've been amazing.

  7. #37
    xHotaru is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Rushed because it was losing popularity, needed some readers, so Seo did crazy things, crazy, crazy things.

    7/10, gets beat by Living Game, which owns.

    10 - Living Game
    9 - Ichigo 100&#37; *Nishino fans unite*
    8 - Pastel/Parallel (They're the damn same to me)
    7 - Suzuka
    6 and below - Love Hina quality

  8. #38
    Akitsuki311 is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In my Dreamland.....
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Hey your back hotaru!!!Oh btw, good news Pastel's continuing now I think....hopefully also open sesame but it's just upto chap 65 as of now....

  9. #39
    xHotaru is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Yeah I noticed that dynasty is continuing with Pastel, which I'm happy about, but damn that story is kind of getting boring to me, they just need to reveal the relationship and have a 3 month pregnancy like all the other manga I've read... ( Suzuka, Kare Kano, D-ASH, Living Game...)

  10. #40
    vekou is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A world created 5 minutes ago...
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xRisingForce View Post
    You're just trying to be pessimistic here. What about Yamato's aunt? She's very dependable and reasonable, I'm sure they could some sort of daytime agreement out where she takes care of the baby when he's at school and when he comes back he takes the baby. What about Yamato's parents? What if his mother was seriously considering moving into the bathhouse to look after the child? Come on dude, there was no other way?
    Hmmm... In my opinion, I think it's too much to ask for her aunt to take care of the baby for almost everyday. There will be club activities for the both of them the whole day and sometimes they would get home already dark. And as we all know, her aunt sometimes go out, we still don't know where she goes during those days. Also, she takes care and manages the bath house. It's very subjective, so ordinary logic really won't apply to this kind of problem, only common sense. Also, it could be Akitsuki's pride. We know that he is a Leo, and Leos are full of pride. He once promised Suzuka's dad that he will take the responsibility, I think he does it very well.

    Hmm, and also, the debate regarding Suzuka choosing to become a housewife over an athelete...This is only my opinion, but I think it's because she is happier.

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79