Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Mican is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    99

    Default

    "Artwork: Suzuka>Ichigo"

    While I don't agree with this, I agree that they're around the same level.

  2. #12
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    Rising, the whole pregnancy and college life analysis at the end of your post is too realistic. This is a manga that, while it tries to be realistic, doesn't actually reflect realistic decisions(like most mangas).

    I disagree that the central plot of the manga, as you put it, is: The pregnancy and the Seijodai acceptance didn't come until very late/the conclusion of the manga. There is no way this is the central theme of the manga. This manga was enjoyable because it is pretty much another rendition of the difficult love story and everyone liked it. Sure, it was original, but not that original. That is why most of the people who like Suzuka like other romance mangas. The theme you mention is important to the conclusion of the manga, but by no means is a central theme of it.
    Hm, maybe I overdid it. I think what I meant to say is that the handling of the pregnancy situation would be central to an enjoyably conclusive ending. The handling could've been taken in such a way as to create a win/win solution. I mean, having the track and field AND both of their Seijoudai acceptances die down to shit is just stupid, considering how much work, regardless of the initial reason for joining, Yamato put into it, and all of the countless foreshadows about Yamato and Suzuka's futures as track stars. I think we can all agree on that?

    And as for too realistic? Bullshit. Yamato's decisions were perfectly realistic. I think you have to be able to assume an East-Asian, and more specifically Japanese mindset to be able to wonder why Akitsuki chose to do whatever he did. Being Korean, my culture is heavily influenced by Japan, so I can both understand and empathize. The population density in America is about 62 people per square mile, because there's so much land to expand on. But since 70-80% of Japan is mountainous, it makes Japan extremely dense since the overwhelming majority of habitable areas are along the coast. There simply isn't room to build left to right, so the only realistic option is to build up, accounting for the numerous multi-story apartment buildings. Together, this means cramming in the population of the world's 10th most populous country (with the 2007 census reporting a head count of 127,433,494) into roughly 25% of 377,873 km², averaging out to 1,349 people per square kilometer. Do you even understand what it's like to cram that many people in that small a space, much less live in such a tight space? It's extremely trying for patience, and this is a leading reason in regards to both the high suicide rate and why the attitude amongst fellow Japanese revolves around support. It's crucial for the people to understand a deep harmony and love. This is merely one of the things which separates East-Asian countries from the West.

    Taking that into account, I have no idea what decisions aren't "reflective of realistic decisions." If you mean how Yamato is willing to sacrifice a year away from Suzuka to be with her, and his taking up of a part time job to buy a computer to stay in contact with her, is that really unrealistic? I think you should think that through one more time. Or perhaps you were confused about how persistent Yamato was in pursuing Suzuka? There's a lot of kindness in Japanese culture, I think even the most uncultured weaboo knows that. Yamato simply couldn't lie to himself and didn't pursue Hashiba or Honoka, just like how Keitaro didn't pursue Shinobu or Motoko or even Mitsumi, just like how Manaka didn't pursue Kozue, Yui, Toujou, or Satsuki, just like how Kei didn't pursue Herikawa, just like how Taiyou didn't pursue Nagisa or Mio- I could go on for days man, this is a central theme of Japan that you should have long registered and understood by now. Some of the mangaka's I like have even written about it in their mangas (like Koio Minato, if you know who that is). Yamato decided that he really was in love with Suzuka, set his sights on her, and didn't let her go. I mean seriously, Suzuka's line right after they got married should clear up any doubts of realism, "Because I am the way I am, I was so selfish and did so much to cause to problems. But even so, you kept chasing after me. That made me so happy." She herself wanted him to chase after her. I can see why those choices would appear unrealistic to a Westerner. Aside from those two though, I don't think there are really any other possible misunderstandings.

  3. #13
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    Rising, the whole pregnancy and college life analysis at the end of your post is too realistic. This is a manga that, while it tries to be realistic, doesn't actually reflect realistic decisions(like most mangas).

    I disagree that the central plot of the manga, as you put it, is: The pregnancy and the Seijodai acceptance didn't come until very late/the conclusion of the manga. There is no way this is the central theme of the manga. This manga was enjoyable because it is pretty much another rendition of the difficult love story and everyone liked it. Sure, it was original, but not that original. That is why most of the people who like Suzuka like other romance mangas. The theme you mention is important to the conclusion of the manga, but by no means is a central theme of it.
    Hm, maybe I overdid it. I think what I meant to say is that the handling of the pregnancy situation would be central to an enjoyably conclusive ending. The handling could've been taken in such a way as to create a win/win solution. I mean, having the track and field AND both of their Seijoudai acceptances die down to shit is just stupid, considering how much work Yamato put into it, regardless of the initial for joining, and all of the countless foreshadows about Yamato and Suzuka's futures as track stars. I think we can all agree on that?

    And as for too realistic? Bullshit. Yamato's decisions were perfectly realistic. I think you have to be able to assume an East-Asian, and more specifically Japanese mindset to be able to wonder why Akitsuki chose to do whatever he did. Being Korean, my culture is heavily influenced by Japan, so I can both understand and empathize. The population density in America is about 62 people per square mile, because there's so much land to expand on. But since 70-80% of Japan is mountainous, it makes Japan extremely dense since the overwhelming majority of habitable areas are along the coast. There simply isn't room to build left to right, so the only realistic option is to build up, accounting for the numerous multi-story apartment buildings. Together, this means cramming in the population of the world's 10th most populous country (with the 2007 census reporting a head count of 127,433,494) into roughly 25% of 377,873 kmē, averaging out to 1,349 people per square kilometer. Do you even understand what it's like to cram that many people in that small a space, much less live in such a tight space? It's extremely trying for patience, and this is a leading reason in regards to both the high suicide rate and why the attitude amongst fellow Japanese revolves around support. It's crucial for the people to understand a deep harmony and love. This is merely one of the things which separates East-Asian countries from the West.

    Taking that into account, I have no idea what decisions aren't "reflective of realistic decisions." If you mean how Yamato is willing to sacrifice a year away from Suzuka to be with her, and his taking up of a part time job to buy a computer to stay in contact with her, is that really unrealistic? I think you should think that through one more time. Or perhaps you were confused about how persistent Yamato was in pursuing Suzuka? There's a lot of kindness in Japanese culture, I think even the most uncultured weaboo knows that. Yamato simply couldn't lie to himself and didn't pursue Hashiba or Honoka, just like how Keitaro didn't pursue Shinobu or Motoko or even Mitsumi, just like how Manaka didn't pursue Kozue, Yui, Toujou, or Satsuki, just like how Kei didn't pursue Herikawa, just like how Taiyou didn't pursue Nagisa or Mio- I could go on for days man, this is a central theme of Japan that you should have long registered and understood by now. Some of the mangaka's I like have even written about it in their mangas (like Koio Minato, if you know who that is). Yamato decided that he really was in love with Suzuka, set his sights on her, and didn't let her go. I mean seriously, Suzuka's line right after they got married should clear up any doubts of realism, "Because I am the way I am, I was so selfish and did so much to cause to problems. But even so, you kept chasing after me. That made me so happy." She herself wanted him to chase after her. I can see why those choices would appear unrealistic to a Westerner. Aside from those two though, I don't think there are really any other possible misunderstandings.

  4. #14
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    Rising, the whole pregnancy and college life analysis at the end of your post is too realistic. This is a manga that, while it tries to be realistic, doesn't actually reflect realistic decisions(like most mangas).

    I disagree that the central plot of the manga, as you put it, is: The pregnancy and the Seijodai acceptance didn't come until very late/the conclusion of the manga. There is no way this is the central theme of the manga. This manga was enjoyable because it is pretty much another rendition of the difficult love story and everyone liked it. Sure, it was original, but not that original. That is why most of the people who like Suzuka like other romance mangas. The theme you mention is important to the conclusion of the manga, but by no means is a central theme of it.
    Hm, maybe I overdid it. I think what I meant to say is that the handling of the pregnancy situation would be central to an enjoyably conclusive ending. The handling could've been taken in such a way as to create a win/win solution. I mean, having the track and field AND both of their Seijoudai acceptances die down to shit is just stupid, considering how much work Yamato put into it, regardless of the initial for joining, and all of the countless foreshadows about Yamato and Suzuka's futures as track stars. I think we can all agree on that?

    And as for too realistic? Bullshit. Yamato's decisions were perfectly realistic. I think you have to be able to assume an East-Asian, and more specifically Japanese mindset to be able to wonder why Akitsuki chose to do whatever he did. Being Korean, my culture is heavily influenced by Japan, so I can both understand and empathize. The population density in America is about 62 people per square mile, because there's so much land to expand on. But since 70-80% of Japan is mountainous, it makes Japan extremely dense since the overwhelming majority of habitable areas are along the coast. There simply isn't room to build left to right, so the only realistic option is to build up, accounting for the numerous multi-story apartment buildings. Together, this means cramming in the population of the world's 10th most populous country (with the 2007 census reporting a head count of 127,433,494) into roughly 25% of 377,873 km², averaging out to 1,349 people per square kilometer. Do you even understand what it's like to cram that many people in that small a space, much less live in such a tight space? It's extremely trying for patience, and this is very relevant in regards to both the high suicide rate and why the attitude amongst fellow Japanese revolves around support. It's crucial for the people to understand a deep harmony and love. This is merely one of the things which separates East-Asian countries from the West.

    Taking that into account, I have no idea what decisions aren't "reflective of realistic decisions." If you mean how Yamato is willing to sacrifice a year away from Suzuka to be with her, and his taking up of a part time job to buy a computer to stay in contact with her, is that really unrealistic? I think you should think that through one more time. Or perhaps you were confused about how persistent Yamato was in pursuing Suzuka? There's a lot of kindness in Japanese culture, I think even the most uncultured weaboo knows that. Yamato simply couldn't lie to himself and didn't pursue Hashiba or Honoka, just like how Keitaro didn't pursue Shinobu or Motoko or even Mitsumi, just like how Manaka didn't pursue Kozue, Yui, Toujou, or Satsuki, just like how Kei didn't pursue Herikawa, just like how Taiyou didn't pursue Nagisa or Mio- I could go on for days man, this is a central theme of Japan that you should have long registered and understood by now. Some of the mangaka's I like have even written about it in their mangas (like Koio Minato, if you know who that is). Yamato decided that he really was in love with Suzuka, set his sights on her, and didn't let her go. I mean seriously, Suzuka's line right after they got married should clear up any doubts of realism, "Because I am the way I am, I was so selfish and did so much to cause to problems. But even so, you kept chasing after me. That made me so happy." She herself wanted him to chase after her. Though I can see why those types of choices would appear unrealistic to a Westerner, where abandonment and no dedication seem to be overly abundant in the way modern couples handle even the most insignificant of disagreements, I don't think there are really any other possible misunderstandings.

    Mary: Oh the wall opposite the kitchen? I really want yellow!
    John: Eh.. yellow is stupid. I was thinking more of a navy blue.
    Mary: Men have no taste, it's better to leave it up to the woman.
    [An hour later]
    John: THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU, YOU DUMB BITCH! I'M FILING FOR A DIVORCE!

    (An obvious exaggeration.. or maybe not so much.)
    Last edited by xRisingForce; 11-07-2007 at 06:23 AM.

  5. #15
    3955elits is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    sumWhere in iNdOnEsia
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    you triple posted it?woot...
    emmm rising,you're an asian too yet your english seems so fluent...rare.
    I agree with you.this manga in term of realistic was the most realistic romance manga(completely scanlated)I've read.Ichigo might be realistic but some of it are too unreal.
    About the handling of the marriage:
    eventhough you get married by pregnancy,your parents will still support you...that's why I strongly disagree with the idea of dropping school and take a job.good example:kare kano.yukino got pregnant right before she graduated but yet she still attend college and becoming a doctor finally.while it's different because they get backed up by soichiro's parents,why won't suzuka?
    but lately divorce was abundant because some idiotic reasons:I can't get along anymore with him/her.
    btw,try read bitter virgin if you want more realistic if not sadist romance manga
    edit:and yes your review was pretty good and I agree with it but you need to put in some flaws beowulf mentioned.I haven't rate this right?9/10


    Join Us and Help Spread Haruhi-ism
    Don't make Haruhi-sama sad!!!

  6. #16
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3955elits View Post
    you triple posted it?woot...
    emmm rising,you're an asian too yet your english seems so fluent...rare.
    I agree with you.this manga in term of realistic was the most realistic romance manga(completely scanlated)I've read.Ichigo might be realistic but some of it are too unreal.
    About the handling of the marriage:
    eventhough you get married by pregnancy,your parents will still support you...that's why I strongly disagree with the idea of dropping school and take a job.good example:kare kano.yukino got pregnant right before she graduated but yet she still attend college and becoming a doctor finally.while it's different because they get backed up by soichiro's parents,why won't suzuka?
    but lately divorce was abundant because some idiotic reasons:I can't get along anymore with him/her.
    btw,try read bitter virgin if you want more realistic if not sadist romance manga
    edit:and yes your review was pretty good and I agree with it but you need to put in some flaws beowulf mentioned.I haven't rate this right?9/10
    Haha.. yes. I am bilingual, and proud of it. And, read the post after beowulf's . =P "Did you even read his post? Most of it was critique o_O" - Mican.

    As for the artwork, Kawashita puts an insane amount of detail that goes into her characters. I think her drawing is on a completely different level than that of the majority of manga artists. She's quoted to have said herself that she draws with such an extreme amount of detail because she doesn't want to her drawings to be copied/emulated. That's just crazy.

  7. #17
    Urameshi-sama is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xRisingForce View Post
    I mean, having the track and field AND both of their Seijoudai acceptances die down to shit is just stupid, considering how much work Yamato put into it, regardless of the initial for joining, and all of the countless foreshadows about Yamato and Suzuka's futures as track stars. I think we can all agree on that?

    Damn Right.

    And as for too realistic? Bullshit. Yamato's decisions were perfectly realistic. I think you have to be able to assume an East-Asian, and more specifically Japanese mindset to be able to wonder why Akitsuki chose to do whatever he did. Being Korean, my culture is heavily influenced by Japan, so I can both understand and empathize. The population density in America is about 62 people per square mile, because there's so much land to expand on. But since 70-80% of Japan is mountainous, it makes Japan extremely dense since the overwhelming majority of habitable areas are along the coast. There simply isn't room to build left to right, so the only realistic option is to build up, accounting for the numerous multi-story apartment buildings. Together, this means cramming in the population of the world's 10th most populous country (with the 2007 census reporting a head count of 127,433,494) into roughly 25% of 377,873 km², averaging out to 1,349 people per square kilometer. Do you even understand what it's like to cram that many people in that small a space, much less live in such a tight space? It's extremely trying for patience, and this is very relevant in regards to both the high suicide rate and why the attitude amongst fellow Japanese revolves around support. It's crucial for the people to understand a deep harmony and love. This is merely one of the things which separates East-Asian countries from the West.

    Whoop-de-do, you're Korean. And thanks for (wrongly) assuming I'm not Asian and don't understand general Asian culture as well as general Japanese culture. Way to (ignorantly) assume I am ignorant and fail to understand what I was talking about. You're saying the decision to keep the baby was realistic? Thanks for "informing" me of nothing and revealing yourself as a pompous fool.

    Taking that into account, I have no idea what decisions aren't "reflective of realistic decisions." If you mean how Yamato is willing to sacrifice a year away from Suzuka to be with her, and his taking up of a part time job to buy a computer to stay in contact with her, is that really unrealistic?

    Nope, not what I am talking about. What about the activity around Suzuka's leave to America, the sudden transformation to maturity after coming back after a year (this one is more debatable), the quickness of the revival of Suzuka and Yamato's relationship till having sex, getting pregnant, and NOT aborting?

    These events were very jerkily and poorly placed into the story and the events don't reflect the beliefs or hopes of Japanese or Asian culture.


    I think you should think that through one more time. Or perhaps you were confused about how persistent Yamato was in pursuing Suzuka?

    Of course I recognized Yamato's persistence. That was one of the few originalities and defining features of this manga. Perhaps you need to take a reading comprehension course in English because while you feel being Korean allows you more insight into culture, your misunderstanding of my post suggests problems in you're own sense of understanding.

    There's a lot of kindness in Japanese culture, I think even the most uncultured weaboo knows that. Yamato simply couldn't lie to himself and didn't pursue Hashiba or Honoka, just like how Keitaro didn't pursue Shinobu or Motoko or even Mitsumi, just like how Manaka didn't pursue Kozue, Yui, Toujou, or Satsuki, just like how Kei didn't pursue Herikawa, just like how Taiyou didn't pursue Nagisa or Mio- I could go on for days man

    You already have...just get to the point (without the verbiage).


    this is a central theme of Japan that you should have long registered and understood by now.

    While I agree that this is a central theme, this is not the same theme you mentioned in your initial post that I refuted- that the pregnancy and the handling of the situation was the central theme.

    ...Yamato decided that he really was in love with Suzuka, set his sights on her, and didn't let her go. I mean seriously, Suzuka's line right after they got married should clear up any doubts of realism, "Because I am the way I am, I was so selfish and did so much to cause to problems. But even so, you kept chasing after me. That made me so happy." She herself wanted him to chase after her. Though I can see why those types of choices would appear unrealistic to a Westerner, where abandonment and no dedication seem to be overly abundant in the way modern couples handle even the most insignificant of disagreements, I don't think there are really any other possible misunderstandings.

    You're being redundant. I do appreciate the theme of persistence, but that isn't the statement I was refuting (like I said before). And, as an Asian, I don't approve of the way Western culture handles relationships and don't believe in abandonment. Thanks for more false presumptions.

    Oh, another thing to note, this theme of perseverence and overcoming obstacles to make relationships succeed is pretty much the basis of every romance manga ever written (whether this is done directly or indirectly). Like I said, Suzuka is another rendition of the classic love manga.




    Mary: Oh the wall opposite the kitchen? I really want yellow!
    John: Eh.. yellow is stupid. I was thinking more of a navy blue.
    Mary: Men have no taste, it's better to leave it up to the woman.
    [An hour later]
    John: THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU, YOU DUMB BITCH! I'M FILING FOR A DIVORCE!

    (An obvious exaggeration.. or maybe not so much.)
    Nice rendition of Yellow Wallpaper Also, good showing of your poor assumptions on my background (again).
    Last edited by Urameshi-sama; 11-08-2007 at 04:11 AM.

  8. #18
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    Whoop-de-do, you're Korean. And thanks for (wrongly) assuming I'm not Asian and don't understand general Asian culture as well as general Japanese culture. Way to (ignorantly) assume I am ignorant and fail to understand what I was talking about. You're saying the decision to keep the baby was realistic? Thanks for "informing" me of nothing and revealing yourself as a pompous fool.
    As far as we're concerned here, that's infinitely more than what you can say =) Your hesitance to specify whether you're Korean, Japanese, or Chinese leads me to believe that you're of an Asian culture that hasn't been directly affected by one of those three's spheres of influence, as those three exclusively continue to affect one another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    While I agree that this is a central theme, this is not the same theme you mentioned in your initial post that I refuted- that the pregnancy and the handling of the situation was the central theme.
    Learn to read. The first thing I did was correct myself, lmao.

    Quote Originally Posted by xRisingForce View Post
    Hm, maybe I overdid it. I think what I meant to say is that the handling of the pregnancy situation would be central to an enjoyably conclusive ending. The handling could've been taken in such a way as to create a win/win solution. I mean, having the track and field AND both of their Seijoudai acceptances die down to shit is just stupid, considering how much work, regardless of the initial reason for joining, Yamato put into it, and all of the countless foreshadows about Yamato and Suzuka's futures as track stars. I think we can all agree on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    Of course I recognized Yamato's persistence. That was one of the few originalities and defining features of this manga. Perhaps you need to take a reading comprehension course in English because while you feel being Korean allows you more insight into culture, your misunderstanding of my post suggests problems in you're own sense of understanding.
    ..This was wholly your fault for not specifying in the previous post. This is the vague all-encapsulating statement you pulled out of your ass: "Rising, the whole pregnancy and college life analysis at the end of your post is too realistic. This is a manga that, while it tries to be realistic, doesn't actually reflect realistic decisions(like most mangas)." So, I'm sorry for trying to come up with potential situations you could have been referring to had you been clear. If anyone needs a course in English, it's you. C'mon, can't you even grasp proper elementary grammar like "your" right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    Nope, not what I am talking about. What about the activity around Suzuka's leave to America, the sudden transformation to maturity after coming back after a year (this one is more debatable), the quickness of the revival of Suzuka and Yamato's relationship till having sex, getting pregnant, and NOT aborting?
    - The activity around Suzuka's departure? Clarify this some, it's vague as hell.
    - What sudden transformation to maturity? How were Yamato and Suzuka acting any differently? Yamato was still his old persistent self, and Suzuka was still a very immature cold bitch.
    - The revival, I could see how that could come off as unrealistic. But it just goes to show that Yamato really was in love with her, and vice versa. Suzuka was so preoccupied in America, she probably had no time to think about other boys, and I think Yamato did a good job of capturing her heart by this point.
    - Yeah, the sex was pretty abrupt, I definitely didn't expect them to, but what high school couple does? It's not like couples call each other up and reserve a Friday night at 7 at her house for sex.
    - Hm.. the pregnancy, that actually did bother me, but we don't even know how they had sex. Maybe the condom ripped and they didn't notice (if there was a condom to speak of), maybe he ejaculated out of the back- talking about this is just stupid, because Seo chose not to show the sex scene. The manga has already been published as an 18+ in America, so he might as well have just gone ahead and done it. This is where you could argue whether Seo left it out for artistic purposes or tactfully, because as the pregnancy was not incongruent with the sex makes it sensible for us to believe that something happened in there which impregnated Suzuka.
    - The abortion. Seems kind of ridiculous and out of place, especially after Suzuka just came back from a year long investment directly related to her future plans. Why would she throw away so much hard work? I think the fact that the abortion rate in Japan is so shockingly high (on average since 1947 to the present 20-30%) lends itself to how responsible Suzuka is. Throughout the entire manga Suzuka's said practically every other line how much she hates irresponsibility and carelessness, and wouldn't aborting her child because of her mistake be both irresponsible and careless? I think Suzuka's stepping it up, and instead of scrutinizing however unrealistic YOU may perceive it to be, I think Seo intended for us to be moved at her very womanly behavior. You and I both abhor Western irresponsibility, so I think we're both just as equally likely to be impressed by this decision. I do think that this may have been a small issue for you had Seo taken the manga's conclusion in a better direction.

    And if I come off as some pompous know-it-all, I don't mean to. My assumptions on who you are and where you're from aren't baseless, and you've said nothing to sway my belief that you're probably just a japanophile. (Yes, Asians can be japanophiles too).

    Note: You're no better off if you can't speak your language, or aren't Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (I mean you could be some college student who's taking an East-Asian studies course, but I highly doubt that).

  9. #19
    ironbomb is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    252

    Default

    I dont intend to step into this argument between you two but I felt that both have there views on the manga and justifies it in there own way. Lets go back into discussing the manga ^^.

    Neways, About the pregnancy and around when she would have given birth. I absolutely agree that the ideal resolution wouldn't have been to have both not attend college and thus causing alot more trouble for the rest of there kouhais(i think i got that term right?). Your suggestion was great and i didn't even realize that until I thoroughly thought about what they have done. Being a senior in college, I have seen a few women that are pregnant and still attend there courses, so I dont find it shocking at all if Suzuka did end up attending college while pregnant. But would she have been accepted to the tier 1 college w/o her recommendation? The fact that she got the recommendation was through she athletic achievements which I find it troubling to do such tasks in her situation. An abortion woulda been the "american" way to handle the situation and I thought of it as the first solution as well since I didn't want them both to waste such talents. But carefully thinking it, Suzuka would end up being an hypocrite if she states and acts differently. So it was an obvious choice what would have occurred.

    My 2 cents, ABC -NY 4 lyfe =).[for people that didnt understood that, ABC = american born chinese, NY(new york) for life ^^]

  10. #20
    xRisingForce is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
    I dont intend to step into this argument between you two but I felt that both have there views on the manga and justifies it in there own way. Lets go back into discussing the manga ^^.

    Neways, About the pregnancy and around when she would have given birth. I absolutely agree that the ideal resolution wouldn't have been to have both not attend college and thus causing alot more trouble for the rest of there kouhais(i think i got that term right?). Your suggestion was great and i didn't even realize that until I thoroughly thought about what they have done. Being a senior in college, I have seen a few women that are pregnant and still attend there courses, so I dont find it shocking at all if Suzuka did end up attending college while pregnant. But would she have been accepted to the tier 1 college w/o her recommendation? The fact that she got the recommendation was through she athletic achievements which I find it troubling to do such tasks in her situation. An abortion woulda been the "american" way to handle the situation and I thought of it as the first solution as well since I didn't want them both to waste such talents. But carefully thinking it, Suzuka would end up being an hypocrite if she states and acts differently. So it was an obvious choice what would have occurred.

    My 2 cents, ABC -NY 4 lyfe =).[for people that didnt understood that, ABC = american born chinese, NY(new york) for life ^^]
    Great suggestions. As for the admissions deal, Suzuka is a record breaker. She's established herself as a dominant force in the high jump field. For such a rising star as her, I'm sure Seojoudai could've respected her decision to keep the baby. And, as my analysis showed, the baby would've been delivered two-three months TOPS after her acceptance, and being two-three months behind everyone else is nothing. She could've easily caught up to everyone else, especially with her talent, and I think the admissions team could've AND would've seen seen that in foresight, and treasured her as a valuable asset to their track team.

    P.S.: I think he's given up. He's logged on plenty of times after I had posted.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79