Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Dashed is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Interesting.

  2. #22
    3955elits is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    sumWhere in iNdOnEsia
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost305 View Post
    This Manga Sucks, The mangaka sucks, The story development sucks, The main Character sucks, The plot twists sucks...
    If the manga so sucks then why the hell u keep reading it huh?all u do just read the chapter and say"bah this chapter sucks I should not read it from the beginning"?

  3. #23
    memoryjar is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13

    Default

    ^^ someone already explained that it's for closure so all the time they spent meant something.

    Now here's something to discuss... Has anyone notice that those two annoying college girls are still dorming in that hotel? If i recall correctly they were already in college when yamato went to tokyo 3 years ago... and they were at least first year students but after 3 years, they're still living there...

  4. #24
    heavenorhell7 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    Using the shit stays shit argument, this manga will stay shitty, which you contradict when you said yourself that is only a “phase.” The fact is that excessive bitching doesn’t add anything to the table. And if you’re arguing that your words won’t make things any better or worse then don’t use an argument that states:
    Shit is still shit, present indicative of to be. A manga going through a shitty phase at a present time is what it is during that present time--shit. Where's the contradiction? This manga was good, but it's not doing too well right now.

    Also, don't confuse "dissemination of ideas" and "to know" with being, i.e, "is." My or your knowing of the unhappy bitching--funny constructive criticism--about the manga, does not change the being or existance of its status--shit during the shitty phases. It would, if you believe that knowlegde can change a thing's existing, to be or not to be, status. And there's views like this. But to me, knowlegde is the correction and fine tuning of opinion, and opinion is only of what a thing is, not that the thing is.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    That statement is exactly what excessive bitching does. The general disinterest is emphasized with the excessive bitching. If you want to downplay the disinterest, then do just that – be disinterested. Bitching about being disinterested only helps the disinterest of the present translate to the disinterest of the future.
    Only if we're so weak minded; and if your statement were true: anyone who has a disinterest in something now (or bitched about it) has a doomed future, one with stagnation, one with no change. Don't confuse disinterest in a present condition with a lack of hope for a future improvement; they are different things. Most people can have more than two thoughts in their head at once. Being disinterested and bored now, no matter how much we bitch, is a present condition. I can be bored and disinterested in the manga now, yet be hopeful for the future improvement of the manga--which I am. Bitching about disinterest is harmless, unless you have a weak constitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    I have no doubt it will get better, but excessive bitching is just like posting the same discussion over and over again – there is no point. All it does is waste space.
    If you were to argue this manga sucks + something new, then that’s a different story. But since the later posts don't contain anything new, they are nothing more than retarded redundancy.
    Wasting space? Retarded redundancy? It's a forum! Who really goes back to check the last 10-15 posts? (Maybe those that have no life.) Of course it wastes space and is redunant. And whose fault is this? Is it those that wish to express their own personal, however bitchy, views--a stream of continous bitchy views (to me, it's still funny constructive criticism)? Or is it the material that's producing that stream and the author? I'll state again: once the manga gets interesting again (I'm still hopefull eventhough my current disinterest says I'm doomed, ha, ha), we'll see a change in the tone of these posts.

    Let the work speak for itself and let us speak for ourseleves; if we bitch, we bitch. If you don't like it ... well, it's quicker and more right if you don't read the posts, than trying to censor our opinions. Censoring our opinions because you don't like, or dont want to hear them, pisses me off.

    Yep, it is that easy my friend.

  5. #25
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Let the work speak for itself and let us speak for ourseleves; if we bitch, we bitch. If you don't like it ... well, it's quicker and more right if you don't read the posts, than trying to censor our opinions. Censoring our opinions because you don't like, or dont want to hear them, pisses me off.

    Yep, it is that easy my friend.
    i dont get it... your mad that the other people get mad at ur posts and think its not ok be mad because you say wat you wanna say. arent they just doing the same thing you're doing? it IS that dam easy lol

    so anyways, jus cause there's so much complaining and crying from people who say they are fans but then bash it so much, i hope this manga goes for another 100+ chapters. so they will cry for another 100+ chapters

  6. #26
    d.A. is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal.
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Only if we're so weak minded; and if your statement were true: anyone who has a disinterest in something now (or bitched about it) has a doomed future, one with stagnation, one with no change. Don't confuse disinterest in a present condition with a lack of hope for a future improvement; they are different things.
    Don’t confuse “helps” to mean “will” – they are different things. My statement doesn’t rely on the syntactic vehicle of “will.”

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Wasting space? Retarded redundancy? It's a forum! Who really goes back to check the last 10-15 posts? (Maybe those that have no life.) Of course it wastes space and is redunant. And whose fault is this? Is it those that wish to express their own personal, however bitchy, views--a stream of continous bitchy views (to me, it's still funny constructive criticism)? Or is it the material that's producing that stream and the author? I'll state again: once the manga gets interesting again (I'm still hopefull eventhough my current disinterest says I'm doomed, ha, ha), we'll see a change in the tone of these posts.
    My god! Here I am thinking I was in the Suzuka sub-forum. The nature of the sub-forum is to discuss - you know – meaningful stuff about Suzuka. By all means if you disagree with that fact, go turn this forum to an emo crapshoot where people can freely post after post about every and any single thing that they don’t find decent in a work that they can’t alter anyway.

    Go ahead, there just might even be a hint of – gasp - actual discussion on the 14th page of every other thread.

    Blaming the material is an easy two step process:

    1) Stop Reading it.
    2) Move on.

    If you want to place the blame on yourself – then by all means continue to post exuberant statements that reek of emotional depravity.

    Now if you have hope for the future of this story, then why not include that said hope with your bitching? You won’t hear anything from me if you add something to the table instead of just inserting after inserting redundant streams of text.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Let the work speak for itself and let us speak for ourseleves; if we bitch, we bitch. If you don't like it ... well, it's quicker and more right if you don't read the posts, than trying to censor our opinions. Censoring our opinions because you don't like, or dont want to hear them, pisses me off.
    Censoring? I see no act of it. Keeping the thread to discussion is hardly censoring. I even pointed to a great place where you guys could continue and bitch and whine in emo happiness (if that is even possible.) Like the example I gave shows: bitching and deconstructive criticism are in fact two separate things – the former being a waste of space and redundant and the latter actually adding bits of significant discussion.

    It’s very true that it’s easier to not read the said bitching posts, but considering the fact that they are redundant and that they do waste space like you admitted and the fact that people are still interested enough in this manga to continue reading discussion posts in this forum, then it’s much even easier not to write them in the first place.

    You know, since you are so keen to keep things easy and all.

    (If it count’s for anything – this is one of the better arguments I’ve been part of on this forum.)

    Join the movement today.

  7. #27
    heavenorhell7 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    (If it count’s for anything – this is one of the better arguments I’ve been part of on this forum.)
    Well, I quess I appreciate the compliment. I'm a pure mathematics and philosophy major so argumentative proofs and logic are my forte. To each of your counterpoints I have my own counterpoints, and if you're any good yourself, you'll have counter responses to these. If you wish to continue with this coin toss contest, message me. But understand we may never see the same side of the coin, yet, through argumentive discussion we'll scrap away to some semblace of truth and see which coin we're dealing with. They say a conservative cannot understand a liberal, not because of want of trying, but just becuase he is not a liberal, i.e. like understands the like but not the unlike; the converse holds as well. To continue the discussion, address my basic premise: If I allow freedom of voice to others, I ask that others allow freedom of voice to me. If a free reign of opinion is allowed on a subject, let the subject control the flow of the conversation for ill or not.

  8. #28
    Urameshi-sama is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Ghost, if you don't like Suzuka, stick to TenTen. Everyone gets annoyed with this series because of how slow it is (I do too), but if you outright hate the series stay out of the forum.

  9. #29
    ghost305 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    Ghost, if you don't like Suzuka, stick to TenTen. Everyone gets annoyed with this series because of how slow it is (I do too), but if you outright hate the series stay out of the forum.
    It's not about how slow it is, ok. It's about how boring it is. And last time i checked Forums are made to discuss mangas and for people to voice out there opinions so.... There is a fine line between slow and boring. Even the plot twists are boring. This manga is worse than a shoujo manga and that's saying a lot. And if you like this manga, it says a lot about you.


    I jacked it!!!

  10. #30
    Thesus is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36

    Default

    You are welcome to voice your opinion as much as you want. I just wish you would stop bein a "Shit specialist", comparing every teeny detail in the manga with shit. I find it disgusting. don´t you?
    Last edited by Thesus; 11-29-2006 at 02:07 AM.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79