Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    d.A. is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal.
    Posts
    304

    Default

    And so bitching about it is makes it any better?

    If you don’t like it do yourself and the rest of us a favor and stop reading it.

    It’s that easy.

    Keeping it simple and civil: Kouji Seo needs to do some of the guys in here a favor and either insert some fanservice or end the story quickly or even better: both. This forum is full of some very unhappy frustrated people who don’t realize or that they aren’t forced to keep reading the story or are too high and mighty to realize that whining isn't doing anything constructive.

    Join the movement today.

  2. #12
    longinuz is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I really would stop reading, but I want to see what happens in the end (even tough its pretty obvious...)

  3. #13
    heavenorhell7 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    And so bitching about it is makes it any better?

    If you don’t like it do yourself and the rest of us a favor and stop reading it.

    It’s that easy.

    Keeping it simple and civil: Kouji Seo needs to do some of the guys in here a favor and either insert some fanservice or end the story quickly or even better: both. This forum is full of some very unhappy frustrated people who don’t realize or that they aren’t forced to keep reading the story or are too high and mighty to realize that whining isn't doing anything constructive.
    Perhaps we have an addictive personality and wish for some type of closure, however delayed and poor the run-up to it is? Perhaps we whine and bitch in hopes of having our message read and then relayed to the mangaka? And why should complaining (bitching and whining) be frowned upon? It's funny and fun. If we're unhappy at a previously good manga turned sour why would we, the fans, not complain? How else can fans express their views if unhappy views are not allowed? Just looking at things through rose colored eyes doesn't necessarily make it any better, i.e.: shit still is shit; some just like the smell, look, and taste eventhough we tell you it's still shit. Perhaps bitching doesn't make it better but why would it make something that is not working well any worse? If anything, venting our frustrations is healthy ... and in most cases funny. If we could say only "good" things (eventhough we're fans too) then this forum would be left with 3-4 people; 3-4 people trying to make shit look, smell, and taste better eventhough it's still shit. Let the work speak for ITSELF, we, the unhappy, frustated fans will stop bitching once the work ITSELF deserves it. If we have to put up with you complimenting work we believe for NOW to be shitty, then you have to put up with our complaints about work you believe for NOW to be not shitty. There is nothing deconstructive in bitching about a shitty work--shit can't be made any worse or better by my words. If the majority is complaining about the work, then apparently something may be wrong with that work; if you don't like to read temporary complaints from a lot of the fans, then take your own advice: "If you don’t like it do yourself and the rest of us a favor and stop reading it [them]." ... "It's that easy."

    My rants done.
    Last edited by heavenorhell7; 11-28-2006 at 05:36 AM.

  4. #14
    d.A. is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal.
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Perhaps bitching doesn't make it better but why would it make something that is not working well any worse? If anything, venting our frustrations is healthy ... and in most cases funny.
    Taking a shit is also healthy (and in some cases funny), but like bitching no one wants to see or hear you doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Perhaps we whine and bitch in hopes of having our message read and then relayed to the mangaka?
    Kouji Seo is a member of stoptazmo? Go write him a letter then.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell07
    If we're unhappy at a previously good manga turned sour why would we, the fans, not complain? How else can fans express their views if unhappy views are not allowed?
    Bitching is one thing. Constructive criticism is another.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    ] you have to put up with our complaints about work you believe for NOW to be not shitty
    You are greatly mistaken if you think I don’t find Suzuka to be a “shitty” manga. However, I’m interested enough to keep reading it. And since I am still interested in it, then there is some merit in the work.

    An earlier post stated that they are not interested in the manga; my point is if you are not interested then stop reading.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    If the majority is complaining about the work, then apparently something may be wrong with that work; if you don't like to read temporary complaints from a lot of the fans, then take your own advice: "If you don’t like it do yourself and the rest of us a favor and stop reading it [them]." ... "It's that easy."
    I have no problem with bitching, however when you have 7, yes that’s seven, S E V E N posts about it then that is excessive - plain as day. If you want to continue the emo bitching then keep it in one thread where all hope of logical discussion about the manga is lost – say like the “Thankful for Suzuka” thread - that thread already reeks of brokeback.

    It. Is. That. Easy.

    Join the movement today.

  5. #15
    ghost305 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    Taking a shit is also healthy (and in some cases funny), but like bitching no one wants to see or hear you doing it.



    Kouji Seo is a member of stoptazmo? Go write him a letter then.



    Bitching is one thing. Constructive criticism is another.



    You are greatly mistaken if you think I don’t find Suzuka to be a “shitty” manga. However, I’m interested enough to keep reading it. And since I am still interested in it, then there is some merit in the work.

    An earlier post stated that they are not interested in the manga; my point is if you are not interested then stop reading.



    I have no problem with bitching, however when you have 7, yes that’s seven, S E V E N posts about it then that is excessive - plain as day. If you want to continue the emo bitching then keep it in one thread where all hope of logical discussion about the manga is lost – say like the “Thankful for Suzuka” thread - that thread already reeks of brokeback.

    It. Is. That. Easy.
    That's what you call a walking Contradiction. How can a manga be "shitty" and "interesting" at the same time?? Shitty mangas are just that shitty, they can't be interesting because if they were, they wouldn't be shitty. You say you have no problem with bitching, then you turn around and bitch about "bitching".
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    take a look at this:
    Honoka: Reintroduced, seemed like things were moving between her and Yamato but when he was getting to the point of liking her, boom! she already has a bf.
    Girl at restaurant: Liked Yamatou since jump, Suzuka left, think things will go further between them, boom! Yamato doesn't see her that way
    Childhood friend: Yamatou liked her but she turned him down for no apparent reason. Brought back, seems that she likes yamatou but ended up saying: "go to that other school because it seems you like Suzuka"!
    Suzuka: finally started going out with Yamatou and abruptly:"Im going to America to study abroad"... And just as abruptly she comes back...


    I jacked it!!!

  6. #16
    heavenorhell7 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    Taking a shit is also healthy (and in some cases funny), but like bitching no one wants to see or hear you doing it.
    Doesn't change the fact that shit is still shit. There's nothing wrong about knocking a manga down a few pegs when it's going through a crap phase. Again, my words will not change shit into gold (though that would be cool), nor will it make shit any more shitter.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    Kouji Seo is a member of stoptazmo? Go write him a letter then.
    Word of mouth can be a more powerful tool for dissemination of ideas. And who says he doesn't troll the forums; any good author concerned with his work's worth would like to keep in touch with the intended public. What easier and more truthful way than forums? Also, we do not know he is NOT reading and watching these forums. If you are watching, Kouji Seo, turn Yamato into a MAN and IMPROVE the story to reinterest me.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    Bitching is one thing. Constructive criticism is another.
    What you think is bitching is really criticism. Just becuase some don't like or want to hear it they call it destructive criticism; while those that look at things positively call it constructive criticism--or funny shit. To me, please keep bitching; it's funny and constuctive.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    You are greatly mistaken if you think I don’t find Suzuka to be a “shitty” manga. However, I’m interested enough to keep reading it. And since I am still interested in it, then there is some merit in the work.
    As pointed out by ghost305, a contradiction. Unless you feel the same way as I--that's it's going through a shitty phase and are hoping for the best from past merits--you are interested in shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    An earlier post stated that they are not interested in the manga; my point is if you are not interested then stop reading.
    If we, the fans, don't speak our minds during shitty phases then how does anyone know if the material has any worth? The trick is to not let the disinterest during the shitty phases become disinterest in the good past and hopefully good future.

    The product of consumption is for us--the fans. Though artist like to think they do it for themselves, they don't; they want their work read, viewed, etc. by others. Very, very, very few artist create only so they can enjoy the product of their creation or to satisfy intellectual curiosity--they are called geniuses.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    I have no problem with bitching, however when you have 7, yes that’s seven, S E V E N posts about it then that is excessive - plain as day. If you want to continue the emo bitching then keep it in one thread where all hope of logical discussion about the manga is lost – say like the “Thankful for Suzuka” thread - that thread already reeks of brokeback.
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but don't we discuss what we "like" and "dislike" about the chapter in chapter threads? Just becuase there's a lot more we "dislikes" in certain chapters doesn't mean we should be kicked out. Again, let the work speak for ITSELF. You'll see, once the story starts getting good again you'll see more "likes" than "dislikes" posted in these threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by d.A. View Post
    It. Is. That. Easy.
    Yep, it is that easy my friend.

  7. #17
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    why DO you guys still read it if you hate it that much, i mean did u guys buy every single volume? if you did than i could understand, but you guys are complaining for something you don't even own (assuming you've been dling the manga). yeah i don't like how things are going as of right now either, but im not devoting time to bash on stuff i read and get for free cause thats just stupid. ehh, but if u bought it then by all means continue crying...

  8. #18
    d.A. is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal.
    Posts
    304

    Default

    If you guys want to talk about contradiction:

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that shit is still shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    see, once the story starts getting good again you'll see more "likes" than "dislikes" posted in these threads.
    Using the shit stays shit argument, this manga will stay shitty, which you contradict when you said yourself that is only a “phase.” The fact is that excessive bitching doesn’t add anything to the table. And if you’re arguing that your words won’t make things any better or worse then don’t use an argument that states:

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Word of mouth can be a more powerful tool for dissemination of ideas.
    Or
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    If we, the fans, don't speak our minds during shitty phases then how does anyone know if the material has any worth?
    Word of mouth is indeed a powerful tool. You argue my stance for me with this:

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    The trick is to not let the disinterest during the shitty phases become disinterest in the good past and hopefully good future.
    That statement is exactly what excessive bitching does. The general disinterest is emphasized with the excessive bitching. If you want to downplay the disinterest, then do just that – be disinterested. Bitching about being disinterested only helps the disinterest of the present translate to the disinterest of the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but don't we discuss what we "like" and "dislike" about the chapter in chapter threads? Just becuase there's a lot more we "dislikes" in certain chapters doesn't mean we should be kicked out. Again, let the work speak for ITSELF. You'll see, once the story starts getting good again you'll see more "likes" than "dislikes" posted in these threads.
    I have no doubt it will get better, but excessive bitching is just like posting the same discussion over and over again – there is no point. All it does is waste space.

    As for the difference between posts, here is a simple example:

    Quote Originally Posted by xaturas View Post
    Then she would disapear like yui, but she will disapear anyway man this mangaka piss me off so much. Until this moment i was happy but now he is like fate he do so many things to get them together he show so many people to get them together, he make so many events to get them together. Man if he want them to get together then use the fucin brain and make the main characters grow up from bitch/idiot to fine adult people ...
    And saki isnt useless we dont know yet meaby mangaka will somehow pull something out (dont belive in it myself). But we are sure that she loves him its just that she isnt as slow as honoka and she know when she can do something to get together or just fail on the whole line ...
    Yamato is like a blind drowning man who is in the middle of sea and just grabbed some wood so he wont drown, and this wood is suzuka, yet he doesnt see any ships which sail near him (other girls).
    Stupid n/c
    A negative post with insightful opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by hitsugaya05 View Post
    damn it.. iagree with u guys....this is so boring..
    The manga sucks, what’s new?

    Now chain seven of the second example posts together and what do you get? A whole bunch of posts that mean absolutely nothing.

    Or in an simple example:

    Post 1: This manga is t3h sux0rz!
    Post 2: This manga is t3h sux0rz! What’s new.
    Post 3: This manga is t3h sux0rz! What’s new.
    Post 4: This manga is t3h sux0rz! What’s new.
    Post 5: This manga is t3h sux0rz! What’s new.
    Post 6: This manga is t3h sux0rz! What’s new.
    Post 7: This manga is t3h sux0rz! What's new.

    Posts 2-7 in that example aren’t exactly constructive posts. If you were to argue this manga sucks + something new, then that’s a different story. But since the later posts don't contain anything new, they are nothing more than retarded redundancy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost305 View Post
    That's what you call a walking Contradiction. How can a manga be "shitty" and "interesting" at the same time?? Shitty mangas are just that shitty, they can't be interesting because if they were, they wouldn't be shitty. You say you have no problem with bitching, then you turn around and bitch about "bitching".
    So you are interested in shit as well? You keep on following the manga. If you had no interest you would have stopped reading this manga a long time ago as it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost305 View Post
    BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRING!!!!!
    And does nothing more than go:
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost305 View Post
    back&Forth, back&Forth.....
    You clearly have taken interest in a shitty manga – using your logic everyone who is interested enough to post about a "shitty" manga named Suzuka is a walking contradiction. That is the whole Suzuka forum including yourself.

    Shitty = Bad

    Interesting = I won't stop reading

    So therefore since you are still reading this manga, you are interested. I feel there is nothing wrong with reading bad manga nor is it contradictory, but if you think it's contradictory to be interested in shitty manga then my all means continue with your life as a walking contradiction and I will continue mine.

    And like I said I have no problem with bitching, its excessive bitching that gets on my nerves.
    Last edited by d.A.; 11-28-2006 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Typo.

    Join the movement today.

  9. #19
    xaturas is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Raw is out ...
    And its the real spoiler for the chapter, "hi no ken Jebus" forgot and mistake something so he made some repairs to his spoiler
    As yamato and asahina come back from shopping she asks him about Touto. He says Arima annoyed him but everyone is nice and what not. She tells him that's great he should go for it instead of seijou. After that they go into reminsce mode and she says she's surprised he made captain of the team. Yamato says it was because he was chasing after her because she would have thought he'd quit after she left. After he asks to take a break, she mentions the first time she arrived they also went shopping like this and how they met. He says he complimented because he thought she'd be happy. She then says she was and that's why she went to america. Then next day saki leaves after telling him to go for seijou since asahina is that girl he can't seem to forget about.

    It seems that if mangaka really want he can end suzuka in next 2-5 chapters ...
    all depends on fans and his mood and funds.
    Last edited by xaturas; 11-28-2006 at 04:19 PM.

  10. #20
    echoblaze is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    i too think that suzuka is getting repetitive and sucky. another new character, another useless plot gimmick. but i read it partly because the artwork is nice, and partly 'cause it makes me appreciate negima more, lol.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162