Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 64 of 64
  1. #61
    -Ajax- is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    721

    Default

    D'oh I was waiting all day for it too.

  2. #62
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Just a reminder, everyone - please don't make a discussion thread until a raw is out. It's kind of pointless because it means I have to edit when one DOES come out, and it disrupts the flow of things.

    Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  3. #63
    Kyto1984 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas BABY!
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Well, we don't have the 225 raw yet, but the b51 is out. You can download it off your torrent sites.

    It's a chapter about Yakumo's 1st year class and Hanai. Even without understanding japanise you can figure out the punchline at the end.

  4. #64
    Swampstorm is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Everywhere... with some exceptions.
    Posts
    183

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    Yeah, So Harima is supposed to know how long Tenma is going to stay, get real.....
    That's not really relevant. He could still arrange to leave when it's convenient, if he finds out that she is staying for a long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    And too ashamed to go back at the moment. Like you would have a better idea on Harima's emotional state; me, I leave it all to KJ.
    You just contradicted yourself. On one hand, you claim not to make any guesses about Harima's emotional state, and on the other, you assume that he is to ashamed to go back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    He does not do so to deliberately diminish them, when you work on a project and you get an assistant, you dont get someone that knows more than you and who would probably take over the project, therefore it is assumed that the assistant knows less and puts the other in a position of authority.
    Just because somebody has more experience than you doesn't mean that they will automatically take over the project. It is just as possible for someone to turn to a mentor for guidance and assistance, without relinquishing control over the project. There's no reason to make your assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    THAT is what I mean by it, Are you DELIBERATELY reading me wrong here?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    As I said, Harima implies and equality between him and Karasuma without DELIBERATELY implying one's superiority/authority over the other.
    Chapter 225 contradicts you here, so there's no need to go into this one any further.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    Would I have to point out that Tenma had addressed Harima as sensei (when she was helping him) like an assistant would to the lead Mangaka thus acknowledging his authority? Its not like Harima tried to diminish her.
    From what we've seen in the past, Tenma usually tends to get into character when she becomes involved in something. We can't say whether Tenma calls Harima sensei because she views him as an authority figure, or if she calls him sensei because that's what she feels a "manga assistant" should say to be in character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    Yeah, to ward off questions would imply invite rumors and speculation... god knows what control YOU have over those once people start talking about it if you keep to yourself all the time, really u dull or have you no idea about the rumor culture in high school? I'd rather put up a semi-plausible explanation and hint how insignificant that is in the hopes no one would find it interesting enough to pass over to the rumor mill, yet I aint Harima.
    Sometimes, it's far easier just to let people to lie to themselves.

    All this discussion of rumor mills is wonderfully melodramatic and all, but highly irrelevant. Harima isn't really interested in public opinion - he's interested in Tenma's opinion. A rumor may be difficult to correct on a large scale, but if you aren't interested in what the general public thinks, then it's fairly simple to set just one or two people straight, when the time is right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    Tenma isn't exactly one to be completely confident with, would even YOU trust a secret to her (you being more intelligent that Harima I assume)?
    Given that we were discussing which lie would be most appropriate to give to Tenma, I'm not really sure why you're bringing up Tenma's trustworthiness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    Plus we are discussing this in a forum for crying out loud, everyone here has the all the time in the world to come up with a better explaination than Harima's cr ap, but Harima sure doesn't. Yeah, I 'sure' you can come up with a better explanation of the situation if you are in Harima's shoes but YOU aren't Harima are you?
    Ah, but that wasn't really the argument in the first place. The main point here was just that there were plenty of simpler explanations that could be used - and when you're pressed for time, as you say, it seems odd to come up with a more elaborate explanation in place of a simpler one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    And YOU are giving him more credit than he deserves.
    Not necessarily. I'm not saying that Harima is particularly clever; rather, I'm saying that the approach is extremely simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    "Visiting a friend", great excuse to drop in everytime she might take a visit and find that Harima is also 'coincidentally' visiting assunming that Harima doesn't pick up his dignity and move out soon. Plus that would make a GREAT ending catch phrase for that chapter: 'I am visiting my friend'.
    I'd say it's on par with the original - which wasn't particularly all that catchy, either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    KJ used Harima's idiotic thinking and came up with a lame excuse we can all laugh at while putting him in a dilemna we can expect further hilarity from.
    From Ch.225, it looks like that dilemma was abruptly tossed aside.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    Also I might add in Harima's case I LIKE to have little expectations of him so that when he does do something meriting applause, I get to be pleasantly surprised. I think THAT would be preferable than expecting more from Harima everytime and getting disappointed like you seem to.
    I'm not really disappointed. However, from reading your latest comment, it sounds like you are. Ironic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weimario-kun
    Just accept that I have a different mind set to yours and will view things unlike yours but I do make justifications to my reasoning at least enough to rebuff whatever c**p you throw at me.
    I'm sorry. I'll try harder to take you and your mindset more seriously, next time.

 

 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79