Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 166
  1. #11
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    ...your a die-hard Yakumo-hater, aren't you, Swampstorm? I remember my argument with you 6 months ago about Onigiri's chance of happening - nothing changed

  2. #12
    Swampstorm is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Everywhere... with some exceptions.
    Posts
    183

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolox View Post
    ...your a die-hard Yakumo-hater, aren't you, Swampstorm? I remember my argument with you 6 months ago about Onigiri's chance of happening - nothing changed
    Well, I'm usually just indifferent to her. I disagree with a number of the Onigiri fanbase's views on reality, but that's more of a logic issue than any active dislike on my part.

    That being said, for this specific event, I want her blood. Then I can go back to ignoring her. I don't hold grudges after things are settled.

  3. #13
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Alright - fair enough, I'm satisfied with your answer

  4. #14
    NeoSapien is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
    Indeed.


    Actually, she's been fairly snotty towards Eri about interfering in her "Preserve Harima plan" since Ch.205. Part of that action was triggered by Harima's call mentioning that he went out on a date with Eri the night before.
    Maybe a tiny part. But the vast majority of Yakumo's reaction was from knowing that Tenma had been out all night in the cold and seeing Eri appear to attack Tenma again. Knowing that Eri had been out with Harima may have made it worse, but not much worse.
    Lashing out physically is never acceptable - we have laws against that. In that regard, Yakumo is no better than a common thug. You can never solve problems with violence - you only create more.
    I agree that Yakumo crossed the line here. Slapping Eri was just about the worst thing she could do, and it's probably going to escalate the situation. But it's rather ironic hearing that Yakumo is "no better than a common thug" for slapping someone from the biggest fan of Eri, who isn't exactly a pacifist herself. Shining Wizard, anyone?
    Eri did feel a lot of remorse and guilt - she was feeling awful. At the same time, she had to explain why the problem had started - which is why she was being direct. If you don't explain yourself, the problem repeats itself. Yakumo interfered because she was unable to control her anger - but that's Yakumo's problem, not Eri's.
    Eri wasn't being direct. She was being indecisive and hesitating, and the way she expressed herself made it sound as if she was still going after Tenma. If someone has spent the entire night outside in the cold waiting to apologize for something she never actually did in the first place, you do not criticize her for being "too one-sided".
    Hopefully. It's high time that she gets her comeuppance.
    Yakumo isn't the only one who is due a comeuppance. Eri needs one for pride and general selfishness, and Harima and even Tenma for their obliviousness that brought everyone to this crisis.

  5. #15
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Do you think Harima could sue Eri for performing a shining wizard on him - it was using violence against him and it can't be called a self-defence act Harima would become a millionaire !!

  6. #16
    Swampstorm is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Everywhere... with some exceptions.
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    Maybe a tiny part. But the vast majority of Yakumo's reaction was from knowing that Tenma had been out all night in the cold and seeing Eri appear to attack Tenma again. Knowing that Eri had been out with Harima may have made it worse, but not much worse.
    Oh, I'd say a lot. Yakumo was very snotty in 205.

    Given that Yakumo is ignoring her sister's feelings by trying to set up Harima with Tenma, I don't think she has a right to correct anyone with regards to behavior around Tenma. The fact that the knowledge about Eri and Harima made a difference in itself is enough to condemn Yakumo's actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    I agree that Yakumo crossed the line here. Slapping Eri was just about the worst thing she could do, and it's probably going to escalate the situation.
    Then why are you justifying her actions? Something that is wrong cannot be justified.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    But it's rather ironic hearing that Yakumo is "no better than a common thug" for slapping someone from the biggest fan of Eri, who isn't exactly a pacifist herself. Shining Wizard, anyone?
    Oh, please tell me that you can differentiate between serious events and comedic ones. Yakumo didn't pull a giant mallet out of hammerspace and "bonk" Eri - she slapped her.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    Eri wasn't being direct. She was being indecisive and hesitating, and the way she expressed herself made it sound as if she was still going after Tenma. If someone has spent the entire night outside in the cold waiting to apologize for something she never actually did in the first place, you do not criticize her for being "too one-sided".
    You know, Tenma's decision to wait outside was entirely her choice. I sympathize with her, but it was always in her power to go home, or call the house ahead of time to say that she would be arriving. Eri didn't have to feel guilty for that, but she did, because she's a very caring sort of person.

    Have you forgotten Ch.202-207? Have you forgotten how the argument started? Eri doesn't want to criticize Tenma, but she has to - or the situation will continue to repeat itself. That's what causes the indecision - she's doing something that she really doesn't want to do. You resolve conflicts by telling people what's bothering you. That's exactly what Eri was doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    Yakumo isn't the only one who is due a comeuppance. Eri needs one for pride and general selfishness, and Harima and even Tenma for their obliviousness that brought everyone to this crisis.
    After what Yakumo did to Eri here, I really doubt that things are going to get worse for Eri. Harima and Tenma may have things in store for them as well, but I have no interest in that. I'm going to take great interest in seeing what the future has in store for Yakumo, though.

  7. #17
    NeoSapien is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
    Oh, I'd say a lot. Yakumo was very snotty in 205.

    Given that Yakumo is ignoring her sister's feelings by trying to set up Harima with Tenma, I don't think she has a right to correct anyone with regards to behavior around Tenma. The fact that the knowledge about Eri and Harima made a difference in itself is enough to condemn Yakumo's actions.
    I don't think that the knowledge made a significant difference. Yakumo would have slapped Eri in this situation no matter where she had been the previous night.
    Then why are you justifying her actions? Something that is wrong cannot be justified.
    But it can be rationalized. Eri is certainly appearing to behave wrongly towards Tenma, but that can also be rationalized.
    Oh, please tell me that you can differentiate between serious events and comedic ones. Yakumo didn't pull a giant mallet out of hammerspace and "bonk" Eri - she slapped her.
    Violence is violence. Just because it was comically exaggerated doesn't mean that Eri didn't hit Harima. If she had slapped Harima, would that have been worse? Perhaps it would have been more emotionally serious, but not worse in a legal sense.
    You know, Tenma's decision to wait outside was entirely her choice. I sympathize with her, but it was always in her power to go home, or call the house ahead of time to say that she would be arriving. Eri didn't have to feel guilty for that, but she did, because she's a very caring sort of person.
    But - this is important - Eri didn't show her care. She criticized Tenma and hesitated with a phrase that sounded like a prelude to another attack. "Someone like you... someone like you..." isn't usually the way to start an apology or explanation.
    Have you forgotten Ch.202-207? Have you forgotten how the argument started? Eri doesn't want to criticize Tenma, but she has to - or the situation will continue to repeat itself. That's what causes the indecision - she's doing something that she really doesn't want to do. You resolve conflicts by telling people what's bothering you. That's exactly what Eri was doing.
    As I've been saying all along, Eri knows that Tenma isn't at fault:
    Quote Originally Posted by The spoiler
    sawachika starts to wonder what is she saying because Tenma isn't at fault here.
    Eri knows that Tenma is totally innocent here. She was upset in 207 because she finally accepted that Harima loves Tenma instead of her. If, as you maintain, Eri thought that Tenma was going after Harima behind her back, Eri wouldn't think that Tenma wasn't at fault.

    And Eri isn't resolving the conflict; she is trying to, but she doesn't know what to say without admitting her jealousy and thus indirectly revealing Harima's true feelings. I sympathize with her position, but she isn't handling it well at all.

    After what Yakumo did to Eri here, I really doubt that things are going to get worse for Eri. Harima and Tenma may have things in store for them as well, but I have no interest in that. I'm going to take great interest in seeing what the future has in store for Yakumo, though.
    Yakumo doesn't have much to lose in this situation, though. Tenma may get mad at her (if she doesn't just get scared at Yakumo's out-of-character behavior), but that isn't likely to last. The worst thing that could happen to Yakumo is Harima getting together with Eri, but the slap certainly won't bring that about directly.

    Eri, on the other hand, isn't likely to react well to the slap at all. Eri's pride shouldn't allow her to just walk away from that or to accept Tenma's help. If she chooses to (verbally) counterattack Yakumo, things will get very ugly very fast.

  8. #18
    ultraness is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Judging by the summary, this looks like a good chapter. Iíve been waiting for Yakumo to slip up since Chapter 206 and it seems like she does so in Chapter 211, and attacking Eri in front of Tenma is one of the stupidest things she could have done. Like Swampstorm, Iíve been waiting for her comeuppance for a while. I canít wait to see the actual chapter, since these summaries can be misleading at times.
    Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  9. #19
    Swampstorm is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Everywhere... with some exceptions.
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    I don't think that the knowledge made a significant difference. Yakumo would have slapped Eri in this situation no matter where she had been the previous night.
    It doesn't matter if it's significant. It's still pretty damning.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    But it can be rationalized. Eri is certainly appearing to behave wrongly towards Tenma, but that can also be rationalized.
    Actually, Eri isn't behaving wrongly towards Tenma. She's got a problem with what's happening, and they're resolving it. Yakumo has no business involving herself, and she has no business being violent. No logic in the world can justify that.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    Violence is violence. Just because it was comically exaggerated doesn't mean that Eri didn't hit Harima. If she had slapped Harima, would that have been worse? Perhaps it would have been more emotionally serious, but not worse in a legal sense.
    You'll need to refer to my comment on hammerspace if you're going to figure this one out.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    But - this is important - Eri didn't show her care. She criticized Tenma and hesitated with a phrase that sounded like a prelude to another attack. "Someone like you... someone like you..." isn't usually the way to start an apology or explanation.
    I don't care what she "seemed to show". We know her thoughts, and so we know otherwise. Even Tenma, who doesn't know her thoughts, is willing to listen. Yakumo is not involved in this issue, but she became violent. There's no justification for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    Eri knows that Tenma is totally innocent here. She was upset in 207 because she finally accepted that Harima loves Tenma instead of her. If, as you maintain, Eri thought that Tenma was going after Harima behind her back, Eri wouldn't think that Tenma wasn't at fault.
    That's not the issue. Eri had a problem with what Tenma was doing, and she was explaining it to her. That's perfectly fair.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    And Eri isn't resolving the conflict; she is trying to, but she doesn't know what to say without admitting her jealousy and thus indirectly revealing Harima's true feelings. I sympathize with her position, but she isn't handling it well at all.
    You might have been able to argue that a chapter ago, but she's already suffered for it, now. Perhaps you could have justified Tenma doing the slap, but Yakumo had no actual grievance here.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    Yakumo doesn't have much to lose in this situation, though. Tenma may get mad at her (if she doesn't just get scared at Yakumo's out-of-character behavior), but that isn't likely to last. The worst thing that could happen to Yakumo is Harima getting together with Eri, but the slap certainly won't bring that about directly.
    Oh, but you forget. Tenma is at the core of Yakumo's vulnerabilities. Her behavior towards Tenma is in compensation for the guilt that she feels from their childhood. Tenma can have a devastating effect on Yakumo.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    Eri, on the other hand, isn't likely to react well to the slap at all. Eri's pride shouldn't allow her to just walk away from that or to accept Tenma's help. If she chooses to (verbally) counterattack Yakumo, things will get very ugly very fast.
    We'll have to see, next week. But one thing I know is this - Eri doesn't need to raise a finger, to get revenge. Yakumo's actions have placed herself in harm's way. There's no more fitting punishment then that.

  10. #20
    ratzuei is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    54

    Default

    We'll have to see, next week. But one thing I know is this - Eri doesn't need to raise a finger, to get revenge. Yakumo's actions have placed herself in harm's way. There's no more fitting punishment then that.
    Why is that, as far as i can see the only way yakumo can suffer is that tenma gets angry with her, meanwhile if harima knows of this situation i think that he is going to support yakumo. And for the slap.... although i dont think that violence can solve things, I think that eri deserved that slap

 

 
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162