Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 177
  1. #11
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    @ Digital_Eon: Indeed she cares about both of them. And yes, she is the type who can sacrificy herself to help others. BUT: Tenma is happy with Harima - as a friend. And she doesn't want anything else. It is enough for her. And if Yakumo wants Odou to happen she needs to change Tenma's heart, which is hard and dangerous (it may break in process somehow). If she would continue to support True Odou and try to take Harima to herself shewould need to change Harima's heart - which is also hard and dangerous. But who she cared more about? Tenma. So i guess it would be logical for her to try to change the heart of less precious person - Harima. ALSO: to make Harimaor Tenma forget about thier previous love it is needed to make the realise that other isde doesn't love them. Here if Yakumo will need to break True Odou she must show Tenma that Karasuma don't pay a shit about her - which is not true. And I hardly can see Yakumo lying or slandering. If it is about Harima then everything is easier - Tenma really doesn't love him after all.

    @ Rikem: You mean that Yakumo just want Harima to confess? Then she need to encourage him to do it, not just arrange thier dates.

  2. #12
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    She does care about Tenma a lot - but if she's in love with Harima, she cares about him in a different way. If she wants them together to stop her from doing anything, and protect Harima, she's also thinking about HERSELF, if unconsciously. Aside from that, she can possibly see that Tenma would be happy with Harima if given the chance.

    Or maybe she is still supporting True Oodou - she's pushing Harima and Tenma closer together so Harima can be happy, but without any intentions to change Tenma's heart. Harima is still happy when he's around her, right?

    Well, Yakumo doesn't have to break True Oodou to get Tenma to like Harima. Tenma may be set on one person, but I think, unlike Harima, she's the type to be able to fall in love with someone else without having her heart broken. I can't see the same happening to Harima; unless/until Tenma rejects him, there's no Onigiri or Flag. He just can't see any other girls in the same way.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  3. #13
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien View Post
    Karasuma is not in a relationship with Tenma and his feelings towards her are maddeningly ambiguous.
    They seem to be in good terms. It could be frendship of course, but I highly doubt it. He is not that type of a person that will easily forget about his work (and he was at the deadline) - which is very important for him - and run-like-hell to the home of his friend. But if it is lovers home I can see this happening.

    Yakumo has no obligation to him at all, especially in comparison with Harima.
    Yes, she indeed care less about Karasuma that about Harima, but are you sure that she is capable of hurting someone intentionally? She knows that Karasuma has feelings for Tenma and she is smart enough to realise that if she'll break his love she will hurt him.


    And Yakumo definitely does oppose Eri/Harima, for reasons that may be partially selfish... but Yakumo has no obligation to support Eri's nonexistent relationship with Harima, either.
    Indeed.
    Yakumo doesn't support Tenma's present love anymore because she thinks that Tenma and Harima would be happier together.
    What made you think that she thinks that Odou is better that True Odou?

  4. #14
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    What made you think that she thinks that Odou is better that True Odou?
    Yakumo knows her sister, and I wouldn't put it past her to be able to figure out who'd be better for Tenma even if Tenma herself doesn't really know. Besides, she actually knows Harima - she doesn't know Karasuma very well.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  5. #15
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    She does care about Tenma a lot - but if she's in love with Harima, she cares about him in a different way. If she wants them together to stop her from doing anything, and protect Harima, she's also thinking about HERSELF, if unconsciously.
    You mean that she thinks like: if Tenma is with Harima it means that I'll be close to him too? This is possible. BUt for this some copld-heartednes is required, which Yakumo certanly lacks.

    Aside from that, she can possibly see that Tenma would be happy with Harima if given the chance.
    She can be, for sure.

    Or maybe she is still supporting True Oodou - she's pushing Harima and Tenma closer together so Harima can be happy, but without any intentions to change Tenma's heart. Harima is still happy when he's around her, right?
    That will solve the problem only for the short amount of time - soon Harima will start to wishing for more and will break this balance; and Tenam will certanly become closer to Karasuma which will also break balance. Though you are right, Yakumo may think this way.

    Well, Yakumo doesn't have to break True Oodou to get Tenma to like Harima. Tenma may be set on one person, but I think, unlike Harima, she's the type to be able to fall in love with someone else without having her heart broken. I can't see the same happening to Harima; unless/until Tenma rejects him, there's no Onigiri or Flag. He just can't see any other girls in the same way.
    Tenma is pretty similar to harima when it comes to feelings, so I doubt you statment.

    Yakumo knows her sister, and I wouldn't put it past her to be able to figure out who'd be better for Tenma even if Tenma herself doesn't really know. Besides, she actually knows Harima - she doesn't know Karasuma very well.
    True she knows Harima better. BUt again, why is Odou better then True Odou? From Yakumo's point of view?
    Last edited by reinard-fox; 01-23-2007 at 02:06 PM.

  6. #16
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    You mean that she thinks like: if Tenma is with Harima it means that I'll be close to him too? This is possible. BUt for this some copld-heartednes is required, which Yakumo certanly lacks.
    Well, I was thinking she'd think "I want Harima to be happy because I like him" or "If nee-san likes Harima, who likes her, they're both happy and therefore I'm happy."

    That will solve the problem only for the short amount of time - soon Harima will start to wishing for more and will break this balance; and Tenam will certanly become closer to Karasuma which will also break balance. Though you are right, Yakumo may think this way.
    Unless Karasuma moves away...? *shrugs* For now, Harima is happy - and Yakumo could just figure something out later. Maybe by that time Harima will be confident enough with Tenma to confess himself and it's all out of Yakumo's hands.

    Tenma is pretty similar to harima when it comes to feelings, so I doubt you statment.
    Maybe. It was just a thought - I can see Tenma liking someone else in addition to Karasuma, but it wouldn't work that way with Harima.

    True she knows Harima better. BUt again, why is Odou better then True Odou? From Yakumo's point of view?
    Because this isn't so much about Tenma's present happiness than who she'd be better with in the long term...?
    ~Digital_Eon~




  7. #17
    NeoSapien is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    They seem to be in good terms. It could be frendship of course, but I highly doubt it. He is not that type of a person that will easily forget about his work (and he was at the deadline) - which is very important for him - and run-like-hell to the home of his friend. But if it is lovers home I can see this happening.
    Ah, chapter 142. Possibly the most important chapter to understanding Karasuma's true feelings. However, note that Karasuma only went because Harima said he should go. And of course, there's page 7... At any rate, it's waaaay too early to assume anything about Karasuma's feelings.
    Yes, she indeed care less about Karasuma that about Harima, but are you sure that she is capable of hurting someone intentionally? She knows that Karasuma has feelings for Tenma and she is smart enough to realise that if she'll break his love she will hurt him.
    Yakumo does not know that Karasuma has feelings for Tenma. Nobody knows anything about Karasuma's true feelings for certain. Also, Yakumo does know (or at least strongly suspects) that Eri has feelings for Harima and she has gotten in between them intentionally multiple times. So Yakumo is capable of opposing someone else's love intentionally.
    What made you think that she thinks that Odou is better that True Odou?
    Chapter 158, specifically Yakumo's analysis of Harima and Tenma's relationship. "But for Harima Kenji and Tsukamoto Tenma that's not true!! Even when they weren't speaking they had a natural relationship!"

  8. #18
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien View Post
    Chapter 158, specifically Yakumo's analysis of Harima and Tenma's relationship. "But for Harima Kenji and Tsukamoto Tenma that's not true!! Even when they weren't speaking they had a natural relationship!"
    Yep, that means they like each other...like friends or something. Still not like a couple. Tenma and Harima are unexpectedly really similar - they have this other way of communication - but from my experience I know people who are similar makes the worse pair.

  9. #19
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien
    Ah, chapter 142. Possibly the most important chapter to understanding Karasuma's true feelings. However, note that Karasuma only went because Harima said he should go. And of course, there's page 7... At any rate, it's waaaay too early to assume anything about Karasuma's feelings.
    No, I think can assume them already. I would love to see 10000000% confirmation too, but it is not that necessarily to my mind.

    Yakumo does not know that Karasuma has feelings for Tenma. Nobody knows anything about Karasuma's true feelings for certain. Also, Yakumo does know (or at least strongly suspects) that Eri has feelings for Harima and she has gotten in between them intentionally multiple times. So Yakumo is capable of opposing someone else's love intentionally.
    Yakumo has the whole picture of what was going on in that chapter - since she saw both Karasuma coming to her house and then Harima who told her whose manga he is drawing. So she could have made the same conclusions with me.

    Yakumo dislikes/hates Eri. So she has reason to intentionally oppose this relationship in order to defend her precious person - Harima - from that "bitch". But she has no hard feelings against Karasuma.

    Chapter 158, specifically Yakumo's analysis of Harima and Tenma's relationship. "But for Harima Kenji and Tsukamoto Tenma that's not true!! Even when they weren't speaking they had a natural relationship!"
    Well, I always thought that it is not Yakumo's thoughts but authors - look like it is said: not Nee-san but Tsukamoto Tenma, not Harima-san but Harima Kenji.

    But well, if we would assume that it is her thoughts then it is of course the evedence that she supports Odou. Though again, I think it is authors words, not hers.

  10. #20
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Well, I was thinking she'd think "I want Harima to be happy because I like him" or "If nee-san likes Harima, who likes her, they're both happy and therefore I'm happy."
    In this case I agree, it is possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Unless Karasuma moves away...? *shrugs* For now, Harima is happy - and Yakumo could just figure something out later. Maybe by that time Harima will be confident enough with Tenma to confess himself and it's all out of Yakumo's hands.
    It is possible. Though we stil don't know what is Tenma going to do with Karasuma's departure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Maybe. It was just a thought - I can see Tenma liking someone else in addition to Karasuma, but it wouldn't work that way with Harima.
    Tenma - for polygamy? I doubt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Because this isn't so much about Tenma's present happiness than who she'd be better with in the long term...?
    Why her present happiness can't last long?

 

 
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79