Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 199
  1. #171
    -Ajax- is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien View Post
    Well, either the interactions between Harima and Tenma or between Eri and Harima will have to end up "for naught" at the end. However, Eri has greatly changed due to her growing (if one-sided) relationship with Harima, so even if she doesn't end up with him, she will have grown enormously as a peron.

    Also, Eri has fallen for Harima largely because she thought he had an intense love for her. This was completely wrong. But Max does have that sort of love for her. Hence, Max would be better for her since their relationship wouldn't be based on mistakes and misunderstandings.

    Finally, Harima's love for Tenma is the center of the story. Practically everything he does is driven by it. In chapter 158, Harima risked missing his deadline and thus his entire future as a mangaka just because he couldn't stand to keep the truth from her any longer. And in chapter 159, Yakumo gave the greatest support for Harima and Tenma's compatibility: "No, that's wrong, Nee-san. If you really did hate him, you wouldn't have been able to say what you said. A gentle smile, 'Oh is that right Harima-kun ha ha ha.' A normal person would have done something like that. That kind of unnaturalness would mess up a relationship. But...! For Tsukamoto Tenma and Harima Kenji, that's not true! Even when they weren't talking they had a natural relationship!" And then Yakumo came very close to telling Tenma the truth about Harima's feelings right there.

    That's why I support Oudou and expect it to become reality in the end.
    The depth of Max's feelings were barely shown, there is no indication of his true affection for Eri at all, in fact i questioned if he liked her at all.

    Having Eri "grow as a person" and nothing else at the end of the show is hardly consolation, it would still seem as if all their interactions led nowhere.

    Eri initially got interested in Harima thanks to a mistake yes, but her feelings flowered honestly, not just because of an accident.

    Actually you could say the center of the story is Eri's love for Harima, Harima's love for Tenma, and Tenma's love for Karasuma. All viewpoints have gotten a good share of time in the spoitlight. Also, on more than one occasion the girls mention that Eri and Harima act naturally with each other, and make a great couple.

    I don't blindly support Flag either ;P

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien View Post
    Dramatically, that's unsatisfying. It would be very disappointing if Tenma chose Harima because she couldn't get Karasuma, just as it would be very disappointing if Harima chose Eri because he couldn't get Tenma. At the very end, we should see either Tenma passing up a chance (or the appearance of a chance) to get together with Karasuma for Harima or Harima passing up a chance to get together with Tenma for Eri. Or, um, Yakumo. Otherwise the primary couple of the story will have happened by default, because the other party was totally out of reach from the beginning.
    Thats exactly why all of the moments with Eri and Harima are important, though lately the time Tenma and Harima have spent together has grown thanks to Yakumo's intervention, i still think it was used to bring the current situation to fruition. Where KJ takes it from here is what im wondering, Id like Eri and Harima to get a friendly relationship going sometime soon, but the chances of that are a little slimmer as long as Tenma and Eri aren't on the best of terms.
    Last edited by -Ajax-; 01-18-2007 at 08:47 PM.

  2. #172
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Well, no one would like to be considered as "Plan B". If Harima decided that Tenma is out of reach, Flag and Onigiri won't happen too. Yakumo loves Harima who pursue his dreams, not the one who drops them when it's inconvenient for him and I'm pretty sure Eri won't go out with Harima just because he can't be with Tenma - "so she is a second prize ?? Worse than Tenma ?"

    The only way for Flag and Onigiri too happen is
    a) Harima decides that he loves Eri/Yakumo more than Tenma (before confessing to Tenma)
    b) It will be Tenma to make the first move of rejecting him (so it's better that Harima won't confess... some kind of rumble situation which will say "I'm not interested in Harima-kun").

  3. #173
    -Ajax- is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolox View Post
    Well, no one would like to be considered as "Plan B". If Harima decided that Tenma is out of reach, Flag and Onigiri won't happen too. Yakumo loves Harima who pursue his dreams, not the one who drops them when it's inconvenient for him and I'm pretty sure Eri won't go out with Harima just because he can't be with Tenma - "so she is a second prize ?? Worse than Tenma ?"

    The only way for Flag and Onigiri too happen is
    a) Harima decides that he loves Eri/Yakumo more than Tenma (before confessing to Tenma)
    b) It will be Tenma to make the first move of rejecting him (so it's better that Harima won't confess... some kind of rumble situation which will say "I'm not interested in Harima-kun").
    Yes, this is true.

    No one would be satisfied if he just "settled" for Yakumo or Eri, it would leave everyone feeling empty... and its just not right.

    If Tenma rejects him Harima would inevitably into a deep deep deep depression, i honestly don't know how he would get over it anytime soon after that rejection. He would definitely need to slowly develop some sort of close relationship for a girl other than Tenma before the rejection.

  4. #174
    NeoSapien is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ajax- View Post
    The depth of Max's feelings were barely shown, there is no indication of his true affection for Eri at all, in fact i questioned if he liked her at all.
    I actually missed Max's implied feelings on the first read, but it's fairly strongly implied. That's not something that would be introduced for no reason. It will play a role in the story. In fairness, the same can be said of Tougou's feelings for Tenma, and I'm positive that he won't wind up with her in the end.
    Having Eri "grow as a person" and nothing else at the end of the show is hardly consolation, it would still seem as if all their interactions led nowhere.
    Again, the same goes for Harima and Tenma, except that Harima's love for Tenma is a bigger part of his character relative to Eri's love for Harima.
    Eri initially got interested in Harima thanks to a mistake yes, but her feelings flowered honestly, not just because of an accident.
    But they were fanned by an epic series of accidents and misunderstandings, culminating in the unbelievable chain of events that led to Eri finding a counterfeited marriage charm with her and Harima's names on it. Harima was even carried off by a runaway palanquin to prevent him from explaining it. There have been countless incidents when Eri thought Harima was taking actions because of her while he was really doing them for Tenma.
    Actually you could say the center of the story is Eri's love for Harima, Harima's love for Tenma, and Tenma's love for Karasuma. All viewpoints have gotten a good share of time in the spoitlight. Also, on more than one occasion the girls mention that Eri and Harima act naturally with each other, and make a great couple.

    I don't blindly support Flag either ;P
    Flag is pretty compelling, especially on Eri's side. However, Harima's side has been greatly neglected since the temple incident. I think that if Harima was going to end up with Eri, his feelings for Eri should have progressed more by now. It is true that Harima and Eri get along together even when they are fighting, but the same can be said of Harima and Hanai, and they certainly don't... well... let's try to forget about that story, eh? The last time the girls pointed out that Eri and Harima "get along so well" (in 202 at the party), they were dead wrong. Harima was genuinely annoyed by the constant teasing, and Eri was confused and a little hurt by Harima's standoffishness. And then, of course, IT happened.
    Thats exactly why all of the moments with Eri and Harima are important, though lately the time Tenma and Harima have spent together has grown thanks to Yakumo's intervention, i still think it was used to bring the current situation to fruition. Where KJ takes it from here is what im wondering, Id like Eri and Harima to get a friendly relationship going sometime soon, but the chances of that are a little slimmer as long as Tenma and Eri aren't on the best of terms.
    I think the situation is going to completely explode in the near future. Things are way too unstable as long as Eri knows and Harima and Tenma don't. My theory (of which maybe 10% might actually happen :P) is that the oyster date will fail spectacularly due to the Tenma factor, leading to Eri shouting out the truth to Tenma, a dramatic confession by Harima, a rejection (or at least an apparent one) by an overwhelmed Tenma, and a guilty Eri picking up the pieces of Harima's heart. When the dust clears, Harima and Eri will be going out and Tenma will - somehow - be with Tougou (a confession mistaking Tougou for Karasuma would have an ironic touch), which will greatly complicate the making of the album movie. Eri and Harima will try to make it work but fail because of Harima's still strong feelings for Tenma and Eri's jealousy, while Tenma, who is finally aware that Harima liked her from the beginning, falls for him. Then, at the end of March, Shawn returns and the final battle begins.

  5. #175
    -Ajax- is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien View Post
    I actually missed Max's implied feelings on the first read, but it's fairly strongly implied. That's not something that would be introduced for no reason. It will play a role in the story. In fairness, the same can be said of Tougou's feelings for Tenma, and I'm positive that he won't wind up with her in the end.
    Thats my point, Max's feelings were pretty weakly displayed. It will play a role, but for what we don't know, i doubt it will mean Max and Eri will become a pair.
    Tougou's feelings are also pretty subtle, i have your same viewpoint about the result of those feelings lol

    Again, the same goes for Harima and Tenma, except that Harima's love for Tenma is a bigger part of his character relative to Eri's love for Harima.
    Eri wasn't an important character at the beginning though, and her feelings had to develop much further than Harima's for Tenma since he had already loved Tenma since 2 years before the story as we know it started. In my opinion that makes it much more interesting.

    But they were fanned by an epic series of accidents and misunderstandings, culminating in the unbelievable chain of events that led to Eri finding a counterfeited marriage charm with her and Harima's names on it. Harima was even carried off by a runaway palanquin to prevent him from explaining it. There have been countless incidents when Eri thought Harima was taking actions because of her while he was really doing them for Tenma.
    What in school rumble isn't driven by a series of accidents and misconceptions? lol its like School Rumble's specialty

    Flag is pretty compelling, especially on Eri's side. However, Harima's side has been greatly neglected since the temple incident. I think that if Harima was going to end up with Eri, his feelings for Eri should have progressed more by now. It is true that Harima and Eri get along together even when they are fighting, but the same can be said of Harima and Hanai, and they certainly don't... well... let's try to forget about that story, eh? The last time the girls pointed out that Eri and Harima "get along so well" (in 202 at the party), they were dead wrong. Harima was genuinely annoyed by the constant teasing, and Eri was confused and a little hurt by Harima's standoffishness. And then, of course, IT happened.
    You have a point there, before this "shrimp" incident i thought that Eri was going to have a chance (especially in the scenes where Harima spends the day at her house) to get to build a friendly relationship with Harima. Yet it was all interrupted and Harima still hasn't developed any noticeable feelings though he has shown to be more accepting of Eri's presence.
    I personally think Harima and Hanai could be friends lol if only Hanai could look over Harima's "delinquent" facade, and the other misunderstandings, but thats exactly what Harima has wrong about Eri, he thinks she is just a typical rich girl princess.


    I think the situation is going to completely explode in the near future. Things are way too unstable as long as Eri knows and Harima and Tenma don't. My theory (of which maybe 10% might actually happen :P) is that the oyster date will fail spectacularly due to the Tenma factor, leading to Eri shouting out the truth to Tenma, a dramatic confession by Harima, a rejection (or at least an apparent one) by an overwhelmed Tenma, and a guilty Eri picking up the pieces of Harima's heart. When the dust clears, Harima and Eri will be going out and Tenma will - somehow - be with Tougou (a confession mistaking Tougou for Karasuma would have an ironic touch), which will greatly complicate the making of the album movie. Eri and Harima will try to make it work but fail because of Harima's still strong feelings for Tenma and Eri's jealousy, while Tenma, who is finally aware that Harima liked her from the beginning, falls for him. Then, at the end of March, Shawn returns and the final battle begins.
    I agree about the 10%, KJ is way too unpredictable, if its possible it may happen; thats why i love SR.

  6. #176
    liekiamhiung is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pontianak, Indonesia
    Posts
    921

    Default

    I have been thinking, could KJ show up Max and Tougou's affection to Eri and Tenma as a mean to confuse the reader. This manga is unpredictable because of the massiveness of the char that exist IMHO and the way KJ mix them all up......
    Personally i don't think that Tougou will end up with Tenma (unless there are a major incident and time) sooner or later..... cause in the story that's being progressing, it shows little of it. as for Max with Eri, there r possibilities only. still need to see how the story progresses though
    LONG LIVE HIME-SAMA. MY LIFE FOR RUMBLANDIA!


  7. #177
    NeoSapien is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    168

    Default

    I think that Tougou will be used as a rival whom Harima can compete with for Tenma. Karasuma is totally above Harima in manga writing, fighting and the affections of Tenma and thus beyond direct competition, while Harima's other "rivals" for Tenma, Tennouji (if he counts) and Nara Kentarou (hah!) are jokes who can't compete with Harima at all. But Tougou is a peer of Harima and Hanai and so makes for a better rival.

  8. #178
    liekiamhiung is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pontianak, Indonesia
    Posts
    921

    Default

    yes when it comes to martial artist. their muscle are quite spooky.....
    BTW i though Nara was on the road of Yaoi ???? with Jirou Yoshidayama.....
    at least the manga show like that.... BTW i have been wanting to ask this from a long time . WHERE IS THEIR PARENTS??? i mean the char in SR. specifically the Tenma's sisters.
    LONG LIVE HIME-SAMA. MY LIFE FOR RUMBLANDIA!


  9. #179
    -Ajax- is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSapien View Post
    I think that Tougou will be used as a rival whom Harima can compete with for Tenma. Karasuma is totally above Harima in manga writing, fighting and the affections of Tenma and thus beyond direct competition, while Harima's other "rivals" for Tenma, Tennouji (if he counts) and Nara Kentarou (hah!) are jokes who can't compete with Harima at all. But Tougou is a peer of Harima and Hanai and so makes for a better rival.
    I agree Tougou would make a wonderful rival for Harima lol it would make for tons of funny moments.

  10. #180
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    There are, in real life, lot's of man who fall in love with someone and do..absolutely nothing about it. That's the kind of person Max is, I think (Togou should be more aggresive, knowing his character - but some reasons he isn't).
    Harima v.s Togou - that could be trauma for Harima (how can you fight with guy who takes every challange as some kind of "Mortal Kombat of Pride" - annoying and confusing )

 

 
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162