Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122
  1. #101
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    If she is werewolf then she is fertile only for several months a year. Too bad for her future husband.

  2. #102
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    If she is werewolf then she is fertile only for several months a year. Too bad for her future husband.
    You have a point here... seems it's Ojou's victory after all
    But I after thinking - Were-feline.... Were-cat, the other one sounded really stupid - That would be more fitting for Yakumo - you know, being so nice for Iori could have some deeper meaning

  3. #103
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    ...and Iori is a male too. Yeah, it will do. Though switching from wolf to cat won't solve the problem of fertile period.

  4. #104
    fifthtouch is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    If she is werewolf then she is fertile only for several months a year. Too bad for her future husband.
    Actually, its a good thing for guy out there who want to "touch n go" (if u know what I mean)

  5. #105
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    But it isn't really so bad if you think about it - some animals are ready to get pregnant only once a year. She at least would be able to become one at least once a month....
    ....and you can save on preservatives (yep, that was so perverted, but so true too - and I'm not ashamed to talk about true stuff )

  6. #106
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fifthtouch
    Actually, its a good thing for guy out there who want to "touch n go" (if u know what I mean)
    I didn't think about it, it may be good at this rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolox
    But it isn't really so bad if you think about it - some animals are ready to get pregnant only once a year. She at least would be able to become one at least once a month.... ....and you can save on preservatives (yep, that was so perverted, but so true too - and I'm not ashamed to talk about true stuff )
    It is not that hse just can't get pregnant, but, which is much worser, she doesn't want to have sex at all. Which is......
    And furthermore, such period comes not once in a month but once in a year (and lasts for 2-3 months).

  7. #107
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Yep, that really is a problem. There would be lot's of love needed for such relationship
    Although, by injecting some hormones you could make anyone sexually active - but that one costs a lot probably, normal aphrodisiac wouldn't help at all.
    A cat, if I remember correctly - have a different periodic time - even more interesting and useful than humans - once a month or two, for limited time females wants to have sex badly and they can go really aggressive about it .... just imagine that.
    Although I'm not the biologist - I biochemic - I don't really study about felines so my knowledge is limited...

  8. #108
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Injecting hormones can - and probably will - make some harm (more or less, but will for sure) to the whole orhanism. If you will do it periodically for the long period of time she will become hormon-dependent - oraganism will lose its' capacity of synthesizing hormones by itself which is *cough* not very good. So this way of seducing her is not very good.

    Sexually aggressive Yakumo?! I wanna see it....Yahoooo!

    Well, i'm pretty far from zoology too, so my knowladge is not that great. I can make mistakes at that field.

  9. #109
    ultraness is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    438

    Default

    For some reason, my little comment about the full moon started a bizarre conversation about Yakumo.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    I didn't mean someone who won't think about sex at all (such people are simply not normal), I meant a guy who won't think only about sex. Unlike most of guys who are chasing Yakumo now.
    Yakumo will have to confront those sort of thoughts at some point one way or another, and I personally donít think anyone is very good for Yakumo at this point in the series. Iím against people saying Harima is good for Yakumo because he doesnít have dirty thoughts about her, since the reason he doesnít have any is because he has zero romantic interest in her.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    Nah, her feelings were obvious before it. She confirmed it, yes, but it was not that necessary. When Germany attacked Soviet Union in 1941 they didn't declare a war before attack, but it was obvious without declaring that the war started. Same case here.
    The confirmation is necessary. It is obvious that she liked Harima before this chapter but she was denying that she liked him to everybody, including herself. Admitting that she likes him was a very big step.

    I donít know why you brought up Germany attacking the Soviet Union. World War II had began two years before then, and Germany wasnít declaring war before they attacked any countries. Germany had invaded several countries near the USSR before then, and planned to take over the whole world eventually. It was inevitable that theyíd go after the Soviet Union eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    Yes, he did. But Eri has also served Harima before this chapter - she jumped to get Harima's hat at festival. So, sewing jacket for him, she hasn't done anything brand new. So, no development for Flag? Every time he needs even more courage to do it, since he have to overcome fear of failing one more time. And, in this case, he is confessing to a girl who (as he think she is) mad on him. A lot of courage is needed. It is a development?
    Eri had helped Harima before, but her intentions differ in the events, and they have a different context. Itís important to remember that Eri was the one who shaved in the first place and she had been feeling guilty about it, and had been trying to lighten the mood between them. Consequently, the impact of her sacrifice to get his hat is diminished because sheís basically making up for her previous mistake. The slate is clean between them by Chapter 85, and Eriís sewing isnít done to make up for any wrongdoings sheíd done before; she does it to try and get closer to Harima. Eri had never done anything with the clear intention of getting closer to Harima before, so it is a turning point for her. As a matter of fact, the title of the chapter is called ďThe Turning Point.Ē

    Harimaís feelings for Tenma are reinforced every time he tries to confess to her, as he commits himself further each time, but heís essentially attempting the same thing each time and the end results have always been the same. His story and feelings would develop considerably more if he actually had success in confessing to her.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    It would be great but not necessary.
    I think itís necessary for Yakumo to clearly admit to herself that she likes Harima at some point to give Onigiri a stronger bearing. We donít need to literally see it happening in a chapter for Yakumo to develop those feelings, but her chances of ever ending up with Harima will be incredibly slim if we donít see it happening in the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    My point was not that he is just prejudice towards her, which is obvious, but that he is offensive even after she helped him greatly. This is what really is bad.
    The Omiai arc is about Harima helping Eri, not Eri helping Harima. Harima helps Eri develop so that sheís more assertive in taking control of her future, and sheís able to reject her unwanted fiancť thanks to Harima. Hence, Eri acting nice to Harima in the chapter.

    Harima doesnít gain anything from Eri in the arc; he just gets drop-kicked, so itís not surprising that heís rude to Eri in the chapter.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    That sure is a problem. One of the biggest but not the only one.
    I agree, thatís why it said itís one of Harimaís problems. I didnít say itís the only one.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    Ever since he saw their names under umbrella he thinks that Eri is really a big nuisance. Nothing romantic here. And note about Eri being defenceless is more about sex then romance. He probably thinks about it because she always acts strong and the situation where she looks defenceless creates a huge contrast with usual reality.
    Harima thinks Eri is a nuisance before he saw the umbrella written on his desk, and she becomes a much bigger nuisance because he recognizes how whatever they do together can be viewed together from a romantic perspective, and thatís why he starts avoiding her more seriously after the incident. Harima seeing the umbrella raises Eri from being a mere nuisance to the bane of his existence, and he starts reacting much more emotionally to Eri after that.

    I brought up Harima noticing Eri as defenceless because it demonstrates he does start noticing Eri in a romantic context, even though he denies having interest in her. Itís the fact that he notices he could take advantage of Eri thatís important. For comparison, Harima has been in compromising positions with Yakumo before, but he never notices them from a romantic perspective because he never thinks of Yakumo in a romantic light. Harimaís tunnel vision makes him ignore women that arenít Tenma in terms of romance, so itís big that Eri cracked his tunnel vision enough for him to even consider taking advantage of her helplessness. Tenma and Eri are the only girls heís looked at from a romantic viewpoint at this point of the series; Tenma positively, and Eri negatively.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    You just want to see romance here because it serves Flag. Though it does not actually.
    I brought up this example because I think itís pretty solid evidence even from a non-biased view, and I find it strange that anyone could see that scene as completely devoid of romance from Harimaís part. Itís one of the few moments Harima thinks anything positive about Eri, and I think the chapter shows that Flag could work out. Most discussions Iíve seen on forums have agreed that the scene develops the Harima side of Flag.

    To be honest, Iím not sure why youíre arguing so much against Flag and defending Onigiri since you say that youíre a Flagger. Iím curious as to why you like Flag in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    If her biological clock does not work yet that means that she has got a big problem and needs to find doctor as fast as possible.

    Come on, she is 15. There is no way they are not ticking.
    I just mentioned Yakumoís biological clock not clicking yet as an exaggerated way of saying sheís not seriously looking for a boyfriend, yet. It was a joke, and it wasnít meant to be taken too seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    I see suspiciousness not in words but in pauses. Though it is possible that Iím over thinking it.
    Iíd find her pauses suspicious as well if the pauses werenít present in lots of her dialogue, but they are so I donít find her faltering speech unusual.
    Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  10. #110
    kniteowl is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The End of the World (NZ)
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reinard-fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    There's no proof whether her mind reading increases are a full moon thing or a monthly thing (If you what I Mean)
    We do know it - it is in the line Ghost Girl said.
    LOL Please Read my entire Post before commenting I Did say "All we know is that it's a Monthly cycle" in the next line so I do know.

    What we don't know is whether it's a full moon thing or a biological thing.

    Btw do we know when her mind reading abilities kicked in? Assuiming it began when her biological clocked started it'd probably start between the ages of 12-14

    But if we assume that she's a werewolf... well werecat because she doesn't like dogs, when was she biten? could we assume it's a genetic family thing... and that tenma can bend spoons more easily during the fullmoon?

 

 
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79