Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 106
  1. #21
    bahamut_zero is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Just clarify.

    Every nation or races are proud with their own race. US people are proud with being US people. Chinese, Arab, Japanese, etc etc. So because of that, sometimes they see the others lower than themselves. This is natural, because everybody are like that, including me.

    So after seeing your own race is being harrassed or displayed as a bad figure, it is ok if you are mad or angry. Just for example after reading school rumble, you see your own race are displayed as arrogant, bad-ass and bad people, then you get angry, it is okay. It means you are really proud with your race, and i think it is a good thing. Although some people might misunderstand it
    hahahaha

  2. #22
    -Ajax- is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    721

    Default

    though by race you should say nationality, since people in the US and other countries can be any race (predomninantly seen as caucasian, but the "minority" mostly hispanic and african americans are quite numerous)

  3. #23
    alucinante15 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tijuana
    Posts
    9

    Default

    ok, ok, here I go:in my former languaje are a saying "en todos lados se cuecen habas" translated to english it`s alike"in everywhere cook beans", I studied my middle and high school in a private institute, in there were people of around 10 countries and let me tell you everyone think his country is the best and that is my case too (I live in Mexico)and I confess when I first saw Lala in the manga I get angry but conform the story was developed I started to think "well in fact it`s truth we have a certain temper.

    Respect to racism am white (albino( in a country when the 95% of people are brunette so I can tell you what is racism

  4. #24
    Drayvs is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut_zero View Post
    Just clarify.

    Every nation or races are proud with their own race. US people are proud with being US people. Chinese, Arab, Japanese, etc etc. So because of that, sometimes they see the others lower than themselves. This is natural, because everybody are like that, including me.

    So after seeing your own race is being harrassed or displayed as a bad figure, it is ok if you are mad or angry. Just for example after reading school rumble, you see your own race are displayed as arrogant, bad-ass and bad people, then you get angry, it is okay. It means you are really proud with your race, and i think it is a good thing. Although some people might misunderstand it
    As a fact I got angry about English people, but Im Russian =)
    The list of my best anime:
    Hunter x Hunter, One piece, Get Backers, Full metal Alchemist, Dragon Ball, Hajime no Ippo, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Trigun, Fruits basket, Berserk, Utawarerumono

  5. #25
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    I never felt that Japanese manga is racism, what irritates me is attitude like:
    "I am from Japan, I am superior to you, I'm better than you, you havo no culture, you have no history and no one gives a sh** about you and you're country". I hate most of the mangas for that.. only SR is manga which actually sometimes laugh of Japanease people (remeber Eri-Harima english study ;p).

    Sometimes it's get in to my nervs how can they describe foreigners
    "He is from Europe" or "He is from Africa" (no one's know from what country, sometimes they say he is british or french or from Transylvania ;p)

    From Da Capo S.S and many more: The best of the best "She lives in northern Europe" (Northern Europe - if you didn't know, It's a one big country.. It isn't ?? Well, I hear so from japan manga)

    All foreigners feels superior, and so they are rude, aggresive and... stupid

    And of course stereotypes : French - gays ;p Italian - mafia, English - rude noble ass****, German - Nazi (yeah, all of them, killers and stuff) Polish - stupid (I still hate "Black Lagoon" for that stupid joke one of the character made about my contry peole), Russian - communism militia (you say Russia - you think communism.... no?!) Black - ........lot's of it, look at Tenjou Tenge or something else.

    ...I just hate Ignoracy

  6. #26
    -Ajax- is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolox View Post
    "I am from Japan, I am superior to you, I'm better than you, you havo no culture, you have no history and no one gives a sh** about you and you're country".
    did some character in a manga actually say that? lol because i could own anyone that says something like that in a debate on how that idea is ignorant and completely disregards thousands of years of the best engineering, innovations, writing, mathematics, and philosphy that the west has produced. (including the middle east)
    Besides China developed most everything Japan got including their Kanji, China was lightyears ahead of alot of civilizations for hundreds and hundreds of years.
    Id say Rome was the civilization that finally caught up and surpassed, and with the advent of trade with the Orient ideas, materials, and technology moved back and forth across the east and west.

  7. #27
    YuYo is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ajax- View Post
    did some character in a manga actually say that? lol because i could own anyone that says something like that in a debate on how that idea is ignorant and completely disregards thousands of years of the best engineering, innovations, writing, mathematics, and philosphy that the west has produced. (including the middle east)
    Besides China developed most everything Japan got including their Kanji, China was lightyears ahead of alot of civilizations for hundreds and hundreds of years.
    Id say Rome was the civilization that finally caught up and surpassed, and with the advent of trade with the Orient ideas, materials, and technology moved back and forth across the east and west.

    So when did this become a pissing contest between Japan vs. the rest?

    But seriously I'd say that racism can be found anywhere you look.
    You just have to dig a bit deeper then just the skin surface.
    Here in Finland for example we have tons of laws and regulations about
    equality between natives and movers(sry but don't know the correct term)
    But in actuality most of them are shoved in ghettos like the one I'm living in as students and "unwanted" parts of populace get their share of cheap element houses as well.
    They also have huge difficulties in finding jobs.To sum it up I'd say that we
    still have long ways to go and so does the rest of the world.
    Nietzsche is dead
    -god

  8. #28
    vicius is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pe-pe-pe-peru!
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -ajax-the clueless god
    did some character in a manga actually say that?
    Lol, he was talking about about what piss him off ^^ not that anybody say it. Every civilization got his own merits and s*** soo this is a waste of time... that looks that we have in huge amounts XD. However isn't racism, KJ dont use racism in his manga, he only make fun of all the characters in global (is a comedy after all)^^

    The real global thought: We dont laugh about you, WE LAUGH ABOUT ALL THE WORLD!!

    XD

  9. #29
    -Ajax- is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YuYo View Post
    So when did this become a pissing contest between Japan vs. the rest?
    i was only reffering to the statement that could have been directed towards anyone, no matter who that statement is from its absolutely ludicrous to actually say it and believe it unless youre a complete ignoramous


    ofcourse KJ isnt using racism, he uses stereotypes as any comedian would
    go to youtube.com and look for Carlos Mencia/Mind of Mencia clips

  10. #30
    bahamut_zero is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    164

    Default

    And School Rumble supposed to be read only by Japanese. Remember all the jokes and kanji mistake and also about Engrish. So KJ never thought his manga will be read by all people in the world
    hahahaha

 

 
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162