Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    asher_langley is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    70

    Default

    |> Gigantor21: I don't know if anyone has heard of this baseball anime series but it's called "Major". I saw some episodes and the pacing is really good. I think it's already in its 3rd season and it seems pretty grounded in reality--both the game play and character development.

    About another year, I think that would be stretching it too far ^^;; The thing with PoT is that the fanbase is not predominantly centered on Ryoma (maybe unlike DBZ that lead=Goku got really popular, hence the extension) and some really interesting characters are third years so...the interest might not be as strong? A closure in the Nationals would be more than enough ^_^.

  2. #22
    gigantor21 is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    [Somewhere], NY
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asher_langley View Post
    |> Gigantor21: I don't know if anyone has heard of this baseball anime series but it's called "Major". I saw some episodes and the pacing is really good. I think it's already in its 3rd season and it seems pretty grounded in reality--both the game play and character development.

    About another year, I think that would be stretching it too far ^^;; The thing with PoT is that the fanbase is not predominantly centered on Ryoma (maybe unlike DBZ that lead=Goku got really popular, hence the extension) and some really interesting characters are third years so...the interest might not be as strong? A closure in the Nationals would be more than enough ^_^.
    I have heard of Major, but I've never really thought of checking it out. I might give it a try if it's as good as you say.

    And I agree with you on the extra year thing. There are too many characters I like who wouldn't be on the team anymore next year. So the only way Konomi would be able to keep my interest would be to alternate between the high school and middle school teams, which I doubt he'd be able to pull off--the pacing of the matches already seems way off as it is.

    And besides, there's no way I'd watch the series get more and more ridiculous for another year. If we got the same amount of escalation that we did this year, people would be using the moves we made up in the Ultimate Tech thread by the next Kantou tournament.


    “Sso you got a 37 hit combo in Marvel vs. Capcom? TRY A 5,375 HIT COMBO, BITCH.

    - ScrewAttack's Review of Star Solider (N64)

  3. #23
    Urameshi-sama is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,172

    Default

    How about Eyeshield 21? Its a footbal manga, but I didn't really get into it. But, I also don't usually get into sports manga and the only reason I got into POT was because of the Anime. Try it out.

  4. #24
    gigantor21 is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    [Somewhere], NY
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Hmm...football, huh? It'd have to be really good in order for me to get into it.


    “Sso you got a 37 hit combo in Marvel vs. Capcom? TRY A 5,375 HIT COMBO, BITCH.

    - ScrewAttack's Review of Star Solider (N64)

  5. #25
    Urameshi-sama is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,172

    Default

    I don't know how good it is. StopTazmo has a forum dedicated to it, so I'd say its gotta be decent. I'm probably just judging it harshly because I generally don't like sports mangas; POT's my only exception.

  6. #26
    gigantor21 is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    [Somewhere], NY
    Posts
    657

    Default

    I tend to avoid them myself, unless it's a sport I really like, such as boxing. Ironically enough, Hajime no Ippo is one of my favorite series of all time.


    “Sso you got a 37 hit combo in Marvel vs. Capcom? TRY A 5,375 HIT COMBO, BITCH.

    - ScrewAttack's Review of Star Solider (N64)

  7. #27
    asher_langley is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    70

    Default

    |> Gigantor21: I forgot about Major--it is mostly about *little league* baseball. But as always, what got me here was the plot/character development. Sometimes the baseball eps are skippable, unless you really like baseball + kids.

    I agree with you guys, usually, the interest in a particular sport counts on whether you'd follow a series or not. But just curious, do you guys have other criteria? Like i really like tennis, so no matter how ridiculous PoT is getting, I still follow it. I also really like football (soccer) but Captain Tsubasa and Hungry Heart didn't really work for me. They were okay, but not enough to get me searching more info about them on the net. I'm not really into basketball, and as I'm typing this, I'm trying to recall why the heck Slam Dunk is in my all-time fave series ^^;;

    So in sum, plot/char devt and/or char design works for me + fave sport. ^.^

  8. #28
    kawaiikitsune is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    Okay, guys... If you want to talk about different sports series you should probably go revive the "Sports Manga" thread. Yes, it exists.... =.=

    Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    And I agree with you on the extra year thing. There are too many characters I like who wouldn't be on the team anymore next year. So the only way Konomi would be able to keep my interest would be to alternate between the high school and middle school teams, which I doubt he'd be able to pull off--the pacing of the matches already seems way off as it is.

    And besides, there's no way I'd watch the series get more and more ridiculous for another year. If we got the same amount of escalation that we did this year, people would be using the moves we made up in the Ultimate Tech thread by the next Kantou tournament.
    There are definitely not enough remaining characters to go on to an extra year. There are maybe 2-4 on most teams... Fudomine is one of the few exceptions.

    Lol. Yeah.... They're definitely going to have to use some moves from the Ultimate Techniques thread. I'm pretty sure Ryoma's going to have the Pinnacle of Perfection by the end of the finals, so the other characters are going to have to find a way to beat perfection. Meaning, they have to blow up the earth. Lol.

  9. #29
    asher_langley is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kawaiikitsune View Post
    Okay, guys... If you want to talk about different sports series you should probably go revive the "Sports Manga" thread. Yes, it exists.... =.=
    gomen, gomen...got carried away there ^^;

    Quote Originally Posted by kawaiikitsune View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ryoma's going to have the Pinnacle of Perfection by the end of the finals, so the other characters are going to have to find a way to beat perfection. Meaning, they have to blow up the earth. Lol.
    LOLOL! That was good! How else can you beat perfection anyway? ^_~

  10. #30
    kawaiikitsune is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    No problem. I just don't want to get too far off topic.

    That's the point. You're not supposed to be able to beat perfection. So my theory is, if you can't beat the actual tennis player, you have to start inflicting damage to him and his surroundings. A wall falling on him ought to do the trick.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162