Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: Fuji, Prodigy?

  1. #61
    bradz is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    I think Echizen has more techniques, I believe. He has his 4 drives, and the his cool drive, his 1-foot split step, twist serve, and MnK on his own.

    he also has his twist smash and twist serve tornado (in the ova).

  2. #62
    bradz is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi-sama View Post
    But MnK and SnK are the only things Chitose has. I think Fuji has surpasses Chitose already since this illusion at least rivals pre-phantom Tezuka, who was strong enough to beat Chitose.
    he also has his kamikakushi.

  3. #63
    bradz is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Kid View Post

    However, Fuji may be Tezuka-class right now after beating through the Tezuka-copycat Niou. However it all depends on whether or not people believe Niou is Tezuka-class. It's another thread entirely.

    I still think Fuji is 2nd tier. I'd put him in the same class as Shiraishi, Kirihara, Tachibana, and Chitose.
    Niou is not Tezuka class, even Fuji has stated that. if you rate Kirihara as 2nd tier then Fuji is definitely not 2nd tier. Fuji would pwn him. Fuji would be between 2nd tier and 1st tier, say 1.5 tier or 1.25 tier. Lol! The only person in there who I think is stronger or equal to Fuji is Tachibana.

  4. #64
    Shanghai Kid is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradz View Post
    Niou is not Tezuka class, even Fuji has stated that. if you rate Kirihara as 2nd tier then Fuji is definitely not 2nd tier. Fuji would pwn him. Fuji would be between 2nd tier and 1st tier, say 1.5 tier or 1.25 tier. Lol! The only person in there who I think is stronger or equal to Fuji is Tachibana.
    I still think fuji and Kirihara are in 2nd tier... though if we were to rank the 2nd tier, Fuji would be above Kirihara.

    People who I consider 1st tier share the characteristic in that they are placed in Singles 1 the majority of the time. Fuji has only been in Singles 1 once which isn't a lot compared to Tezuka, Echizen, Atobe, Sanada, and Yukimura (People who I consider top tier).

    Fuji has a good record... but you have to look at the people he has played: Mizuki, Jirou, Kirihara, Shiraishi, Niou. These players are decent but nowhere near the caliber of those in the first tier.

    If I were to rank the players 1st tier it'd be:
    1) Echizen
    2) Yukimura
    3) Sanada
    4) Tezuka
    5) Atobe
    Atobe was better then Tezuka when they played... however the I think Tezuka has shown more improvement then Atobe has since their match and has surpassed him. (Entirely speculatory BTW)

    If I were to rank players in 2nd tier it'd be:
    1) Fuji
    2) Shiraishi
    3) Kirihara
    4) Chitose
    5) Tachibana
    Shiraishi was better than Fuji when they played their first match. However, the improvement Fuji displayed in his match vs Niou leads me to believe that Fuji has surpassed Shiraishi at this moment. (Entirely speculatory BTW)
    Last edited by Shanghai Kid; 11-05-2007 at 01:49 PM.

  5. #65
    AvatarST is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I'd rank Niou above Shiraishi. He's shown that he can imitate Shiraishi's bible tennis by returning all of Fuji's counters (except the last of course) and he has more to his game. Also, I think Kirihara is worse than Tachibana and Chitose, and I'm not too sure how Atobe would fare against Fuji, Shiraishi, Tachibana and Chitose either.

    Atobe wasn't "better" than Tezuka when they first played either. Unless you mean Atobe > injured Tezuka which is true.
    It is dense! The jackpot it is dense!

  6. #66
    Shanghai Kid is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
    Atobe wasn't "better" than Tezuka when they first played either. Unless you mean Atobe > injured Tezuka which is true.
    Well... I count the injured shoulder as a weakness. Just like a weak backhand or a weak forehand. Atobe managed to exploit this weakness and to me that showed me that he was the better player in their match as he did win.

  7. #67
    NoKnuckles is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Well, by that argument, I can claim that Momo > Yukimura (at the time of the Tezuka/Atobe game) because Yukimura was in the hospital and unable to play Tennis, so Momo would win at that moment.

  8. #68
    Shanghai Kid is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoKnuckles View Post
    Well, by that argument, I can claim that Momo > Yukimura (at the time of the Tezuka/Atobe game) because Yukimura was in the hospital and unable to play Tennis, so Momo would win at that moment.
    The difference between your argument and mine is that Yukimura and Momo didn't actually play against each other. Tezuka and Atobe did... to which Atobe won. Your argument is speculative, while mine is based on actual fact.
    Last edited by Shanghai Kid; 11-05-2007 at 02:05 PM.

  9. #69
    mystic_guard_sinoel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 14th Moon
    Posts
    5,234

    Default

    Atobe wasn't better than Tezuka. EVER!

    Atobe just beat him because he was injured.

  10. #70
    Shanghai Kid is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic_guard_sinoel View Post
    Atobe wasn't better than Tezuka. EVER!

    Atobe just beat him because he was injured.
    Tezuka's shoulder was his weakness vs Atobe. Atobe took advantage of this and won the match, and therefore was the better player at the time of the match.

    Kabaji's inexperience was his weakness vs Tezuka. Tezuka took advantage of this and won the match, and therefore was the better player at the time at the time of the match.

 

 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79