Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Shanghai Kid is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I'd say Chitose is above Tachibana.

    Tachibana didn't aim for Chitose's weak side because Tachibana doesn't have the killer instinct. This is why Chitose is better than Tachibana.

    If Tachibana acquired the killer instinct and went after Chitose's weak side, then he may win. But at the present time he doesn't have that instinct.

    The results of the match show Chitose > Tachibana.

  2. #22
    obento is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabara View Post
    Tachibana is indeed above Chitose, since he would have won if he hadn't gone easy on Chitose the whole match.

    But Shiraishi is above Chitose, so who is better between him and Tachibana can't be said at this moment. For what it's worth, I would guess Shiraishi is probably better than Tachibana, although it would be a really great match to see. Especially since we've never seen Tachibana at 100% since he was holding back a little against Chitose.
    What makes you say that Shiraishi is better than Chitose?

  3. #23
    Kuwabara is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Shiraishi is the Captain. And Tezuka did say Shiraishi was better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Kid View Post
    I'd say Chitose is above Tachibana.

    Tachibana didn't aim for Chitose's weak side because Tachibana doesn't have the killer instinct. This is why Chitose is better than Tachibana.

    If Tachibana acquired the killer instinct and went after Chitose's weak side, then he may win. But at the present time he doesn't have that instinct.

    The results of the match show Chitose > Tachibana.
    It wasn't because he lacked killer instinct. It was because he was feeling guilt for what he did to Chitose in the past. Tachibana does have killer instinct.

    In fact, it shows just how great he was, that Chitose didn't realize he was going easy until the last point of the match.

  4. #24
    Shanghai Kid is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabara View Post
    Shiraishi is the Captain. And Tezuka did say Shiraishi was better.
    I think Tezuka said that chitose was better but shiraishi was "scarier" or something to that effect. I think the conversation was mirrored when Chitose said that tezuka was better but fuji is "scarier". My memory is a bit fuzzy.

    It wasn't because he lacked killer instinct. It was because he was feeling guilt for what he did to Chitose in the past. Tachibana does have killer instinct.
    Whether or not it was due to lack of killer instinct, or a feeling of guilty, either way it shows that Tachibana has a weakness when facing Chitose. He refuses to aim at Chitose' weak side.

    Atobe didn't have this problem when he played against Tezuka. If Atobe didn't spot Tezuka's weakness and exploited it, Atobe probably would have lost the match.

    In fact, it shows just how great he was, that Chitose didn't realize he was going easy until the last point of the match.
    Playing with honor doesn't go hand in hand with Playing smart. Tachibana's guilt caused him to lose the match. I think he has to overcome his guilt and attack Chitose's weak spots in order to win.

  5. #25
    Kuwabara is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I just checked, and Tezuka said that Shiraishi is 'the more formidable opponent'. So yeah, Shiraishi is better than Chitose.

    And you have a point, just looking at Tachibana vs Chitose. But against a neutral opponent, Tachibana would do better. He's the superior player, he just has a mental weakness against Chitose.

  6. #26
    kawaiikitsune is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    Although to some people Tachibana not targeting Chitose's blind spot was a weakness, I respect Tachibana more for it. He feels guilty because he was the cause of it. Playing tennis shouldn't just be about winning. I wouldn't feel right if I won because I exploited someone's weakness that I caused. I think Tachibana would have been too nice if the injury wasn't caused by him. Since he caused the injury, it was nice of him not to target it. Plus, Chitose was his good friend. Exploiting your friend's weakness in general isn't a satisfying way to win.

  7. #27
    obento is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabara View Post
    I just checked, and Tezuka said that Shiraishi is 'the more formidable opponent'. So yeah, Shiraishi is better than Chitose.

    And you have a point, just looking at Tachibana vs Chitose. But against a neutral opponent, Tachibana would do better. He's the superior player, he just has a mental weakness against Chitose.
    What chapter? I wanna check the japanese out.

    And also, I doubt it's a mental weakness. I think he was just trying to make a statement. It was his atonement. I bet if they ever played again, it would not turn out the same way.

  8. #28
    kawaiikitsune is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    Yeah. Just like Tachibana intentionally got hit by the ball. If he really was trying to win, why the heck did he do that? (rhetorical question) I'm not sure if Tachibana ever really wants to play Chitose seriously again, but if they do, it will be interesting. Tachibana shouldn't pull out his trump card on the last point....

  9. #29
    Kuwabara is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obento View Post
    What chapter? I wanna check the japanese out.
    Chapter 320.

  10. #30
    obento is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    102

    Default

    The japanese says something to this effect:

    Tezuka: Sure Chitose and Tachibana are called the "national level" 2 wings of Kyuushuu, but if you were to ask who was scarier, it would be Shiraishi Kuranosuke.

    In other words, it's basically what was said earlier about Fuji, only from Seigaku's side. I don't really think it means that he's better than Chitose, but more like how Fuji is a "scarier" opponent than Tezuka...(I don't really get why, but oh well...)

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162