View Poll Results: (Read post 1 first) Who's the #1 player?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Syuusuke Fuji

    69 47.59%
  • Tezuka Kunimitsu

    76 52.41%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 167
  1. #21
    xxsaznpride is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Haha ya. Shirashi shouldn't have been able to come back from all that. So much stuff happened that I consider BS that it's not funny for Fuji anymore.

    Still, Tezuka IS the better player. If Shiraishi had Hyakuren then he would not have had the problems he faced against the Gatekeeper of Hecatonchires: He'd have been far more likely to cancel out the spin or make his spin go one up on Fuji's.

    The only way I see Fuji winning this is if he suddenly gains the ability to cancel out the spin that Tezuka put on the Tezuka Zone, and I kind of doubt that if the only known ways to do so are with Zero no Shiki and a super powerful smash aided by motion vision (Atobe vs. ECCHIzen).
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarST
    And your name's annoying to type; from now on you're sazny.
    Farleen // Number 42

  2. #22
    magictos is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    sumwhere
    Posts
    735

    Default

    tezuka, cus i still believe he can own Fuji even with all the counters..

  3. #23
    dkhw is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Novi, MI
    Posts
    337

    Default

    i going to have to go with fuji. why? because his techiniques are more realistic than tezuka's. i mean the mangaka just went over line with the "hyakuren jitoku no kiwami." the mugas are ridiculously way over the line even if it is a manga.

  4. #24
    hoasen is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    509

    Default

    I think Fuji is now in the number one position....

  5. #25
    Sylent_Viper is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Maybe we can only predict who's better between Tezuka and Fuji but, I'm positively sure that Fuji's way better than Shiraishi so please dont dare to say Fuji's not better that Tezuka because he lost to him (Read page 2, last post for logical reasons)[BTW, reread it if you did already, there's another reason why Fuji loosing was necessary BS]. And I think that if Tazuka manages to counterspin the Gatekeeper, then the Tezuka Zone wouldnt work, it's hard enough to counter the superspin, it'll be way harder to counter the spin and manipulate it to come back to you. So, beat the gate keeper, lose Tezuka Zone (My point of view). SOooOOoOoO...no balls imposible to return, no balls coming back to Tezuka: Who'd win?
    Last edited by Sylent_Viper; 10-23-2006 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Tipping to reread

  6. #26
    renzenkuken is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    meh... does it really matter
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylent_Viper View Post
    You're forgetting the fact that Fuji came back from a 5-0 triple match point. The fact that fuji lost can be explained by: the fact that Ryoma should be the only one that doesn't lose a single offical match; Takeshi Konomi wants (or at least I think so) Fuji to win at the finals, so he couldnt scrape a winning at the semis; Fuji loosing gets Shitenhouji a win [{(DUH!)}], so that in the following matches Seigaku's gonna have some pressure on them, strangely Fuji couldn't respond to Shiraishi's net balls that were used continually after he found out how to "counter" the gatekeeper, they skipped a full game; and Fuji never stopped using the fifth counter. Why didn't he? He could have scored with his other 4 counters, three of them improved, one of them kickass as it is (maybe there's a second phase to it?). He could have put up a better fight with Hohou Gaeshi, Kirin Otoshi and Hakuryuu (Shiraishi couldn't react to them the first time that Fuji used them, HELL, he couldn't react to hakurryu the second time!). Shiraishi's perfect tennis stopped working the second Fuji went berserk, so without those damn net balls he would have won that game. Get my point? *not an intimidating tone*.

    There's something else I forgot to explain: If the only way for Shiraishi to counter GKoH was hitting the net, why in the name of god didn't Fuji start playing at it? He could have easily surpassed Shiraishi from the net, If he managed a net ball, a fast drop shot or cross shot would have done it. And Fuji HAD to notice this, because Shiraishi had to do a minimum of 11 net balls to win the game.
    i see your point that ryoma is going to be the only one not to loose an official match but Fuji was in that 5-0 drought in the beginning its no ones fault but himself claiming that its to hard to come back from that... well maybe he shouldnt have gotting himself in such a hole... also when tezuka lost against atobe he was injured and not at his peak while Fuji is clearly at his best despite his loss... youre right that it doesnt make much sence why fuji continued to use 5th counter despite the cord balls (sorry if this makes no sence)
    Last edited by renzenkuken; 10-23-2006 at 03:53 PM.

  7. #27
    Sylent_Viper is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Maybe if he had played "seriously", or at least in a more serious fashion than the way he played from the beginning he would have won [Wrong]. I prefer him coming back from a 5-0 and then loosing {which was inevitable}. Than loosing coming back from a 5-2. More stylish. He was bound to lose anyways.

  8. #28
    renzenkuken is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    meh... does it really matter
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylent_Viper View Post
    Maybe if he had played "seriously", or at least in a more serious fashion than the way he played from the beginning he would have won [Wrong]. I prefer him coming back from a 5-0 and then loosing {which was inevitable}. Than loosing coming back from a 5-2. More stylish. He was bound to lose anyways.
    if you say that how can you say that fuji is better than shirashi

  9. #29
    lunariti is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxsaznpride View Post
    Still, Tezuka IS the better player. If Shiraishi had Hyakuren then he would not have had the problems he faced against the Gatekeeper of Hecatonchires: He'd have been far more likely to cancel out the spin or make his spin go one up on Fuji's.

    The only way I see Fuji winning this is if he suddenly gains the ability to cancel out the spin that Tezuka put on the Tezuka Zone, and I kind of doubt that if the only known ways to do so are with Zero no Shiki and a super powerful smash aided by motion vision (Atobe vs. ECCHIzen).
    Um hello there are two points i'd like to make...

    first - the reason shiraishi doesnt have hyakuren is because he's not good enough to duh!!! - only those that are truly gifted are able to

    second - as far as canceling out the spin HELLLO DE DEE DEEEE the fourth counter - negates all spin on a ball - just because his counters evolved *fuji finding new ways to improve them* doesn't mean he can't use the old ones as well. - so that totally kills tezuka zone - and as for zero shiki - im pretty sure there has to be spin first for tezuka to hit it - so that kills that as well

    as such - FUJI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE BEST!!!

    CASE CLOSED

  10. #30
    Sylent_Viper is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renzenkuken View Post
    if you say that how can you say that fuji is better than shirashi
    Fuji was bound to lose because of the circumstances he was in (not having lost a single official match, Seigaku's points not matching for a 2-2, etc...) not because he couldn't have won because he could (couldn't respond to those net balls?, never stopped using GKoH?, didn't use the counter quad?, couldn't win after a triple match point?...\|>BS<|/). He couldn't have won anyways, meaning that he couldn't have won because then he'd ruin the "correct" course of the story. Echizen loosing? Dont think so.

 

 
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79