Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    BaroqueWorker2 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Does anyone know where to get a scanlation of this chapter?

  2. #12
    YBMC is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Raws haven't come out yet. They come out (almost) every friday. This is just the previews. We'll get the good stuff tomorrow.

  3. #13
    Shamgi is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_turklight
    It's not Tekko's trans, but w/e.

    I don't think Lucci's dependent, maybe he just doesn't like Spandam. He works for the guy, but that doesn't mean he's gonna make Spandam's life easy. :P
    I don't think so. Lucchi is very clear on people he doesn't think are up to snuff(Nero anyone?) So he wouldn't tolerate Spandam if he didn't command well.

    I think it's just the oppsite, Spandam, for all everyone hates him, is very clearly very good at his job, he's done an amazing job or setting everyone up in reguards to the Water 7 arc. The only thing he really didn't rely on was Luffy and the others going all the way to the island, and technically, if Lucchi wasn't so dependent on him, he'd be getting clean away right now.

    Every member of CP9 has some sort of quirky character flaw, far as we've seen. Kaku was the only exception up till now, but now he's going to be constantly defending his DF from everyone else, and he's clearly insecure about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykolakis
    Shamgi, you are officially my hero.

  4. #14
    mr popo is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Lol, nice chapter, cant wait to see the onion hair

    Anyway, I dont think Lucchi's supposed dependency on Spandam is a personality quirk or anything. Based on his scenes with Nero, I would say that the only thing he respects is power, and though Spandam has that elephant sword, I doubt that Lucchi has respect for his 5 doukir(sp?)

    The fact is that Lucchi likes fighting with great powers, so, I believe that he purposely allowed kid/rabbit to follow him becuase he knew that doing so would allow one of the Strawhats to follow him and then they can fight.

  5. #15
    Danre is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Didn't Lucchi disagree with Spandam when he was ranting about being well-known and hailed as heroes, saying he didn't care for Spandam's ideologies, he just wanted to do his job. I think, frankly, that he follows Spandam because Spandam is his superior, not because he harbors any respect for him. It seems to me that all of CP9 seems to know how ignorant Spandam is, but know that's he's the Director and follow him accordingly.

    And I agree with Mr. Popo: Lucchi joined CP9 so he could legally kill, and if he saw a chance to fight against someone who beat Blueno, or another of that group, I think he would take it.

    And if you want personality quirks, you could count his sadism. If not his sadism, then the pigeon on his shoulder.

  6. #16
    Shamgi is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    461

    Default

    The problems with the thoughts of you guys saying they don't like Spandam is because you suggest it's his incomptence that leads to it, which is false because the man clearly knows what the hell he's doing, and someone like that wouldn't be ignorant or stupid.

    You guys just hate him, so you make him look bad. We have seen Spandam be the planner of two plans, and in both he's done a near perfect job. He knows what he's doing and he's in charge for a reason. Stop making him out to be the fool.

    Besides, Lucchi respects power, but he's not stupid. He realizes that his boss doesn't need to be powerful, he needs to be smart. Spandam is the brains to CP9's brawn, and they work well together. Hell, who do you think came up with the idea for the keys?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykolakis
    Shamgi, you are officially my hero.

  7. #17
    Danre is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3

    Default

    If we are "just trying to make him look bad" because we "hate" him, then perhaps it's prudent for me to say you're doing the opposite because you like him.

    I personally think he's a good character and a good villain, but he has shown on many occasions that, even if he's not outright stupid, he has stupid tendencies. Leaving the phone off the hook, while you may argue was a small oversight, left him out of touch with his entire force for a large part of the invasion. His overconfidence, coupled with that small oversight, made things a bit easier for Luffy and company. He's very overconfident, not even bothering to really do anything after hearing a 100 million berry pirate and his crew invaded the island.

    And if Lucchi respects power, Spandam is not only not physically powerful, but an extreme coward. He hides behind his men, yet talks very big and beats his bound prisoners, knowing they can't fight back. Really, the only insight to Lucchi's thoughts on Spandam were in their brief conversation, in which Lucchi said he didn't care for Spandam's grandiose ideas.

    Overall, I think Spandam is good at what he does, which is the government's dirty work. The reason he's so good at it? I wouldn't attribute it to his intelligence, but rather his willingness to use very unethical tactics in doing his dirty work. His plan to get the blueprints of Pluton wasn't exactly genius, if you think about it, but it certainly was underhanded. His infiltration of Galley-la with CP9 agents? A bit smarter, if you count him acting to get close to the only logical person who could have the prints as an overly intelligent act. Lucchi and company were the ones who deduced the Cutty Flam thing.

    So, Spandam. I'd say he's of average intelligence, average leadership skills, and far below standard ethics, making him a good person to promote to leadership of a secret cleanup organization. Nothing to do with my personal feelings on Spandam, just my take on the character.

  8. #18
    Shamgi is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danre
    If we are "just trying to make him look bad" because we "hate" him, then perhaps it's prudent for me to say you're doing the opposite because you like him.

    I personally think he's a good character and a good villain, but he has shown on many occasions that, even if he's not outright stupid, he has stupid tendencies. Leaving the phone off the hook, while you may argue was a small oversight, left him out of touch with his entire force for a large part of the invasion. His overconfidence, coupled with that small oversight, made things a bit easier for Luffy and company. He's very overconfident, not even bothering to really do anything after hearing a 100 million berry pirate and his crew invaded the island.

    And if Lucchi respects power, Spandam is not only not physically powerful, but an extreme coward. He hides behind his men, yet talks very big and beats his bound prisoners, knowing they can't fight back. Really, the only insight to Lucchi's thoughts on Spandam were in their brief conversation, in which Lucchi said he didn't care for Spandam's grandiose ideas.

    Overall, I think Spandam is good at what he does, which is the government's dirty work. The reason he's so good at it? I wouldn't attribute it to his intelligence, but rather his willingness to use very unethical tactics in doing his dirty work. His plan to get the blueprints of Pluton wasn't exactly genius, if you think about it, but it certainly was underhanded. His infiltration of Galley-la with CP9 agents? A bit smarter, if you count him acting to get close to the only logical person who could have the prints as an overly intelligent act. Lucchi and company were the ones who deduced the Cutty Flam thing.

    So, Spandam. I'd say he's of average intelligence, average leadership skills, and far below standard ethics, making him a good person to promote to leadership of a secret cleanup organization. Nothing to do with my personal feelings on Spandam, just my take on the character.
    I never said I liked him personally, but I see your point. However, everyone here's suggesting that the only reason anyone follows Spandam is because they're forced to since he's not really strong, and I'm just trying to point out that while he's not strong, he's smart.

    While you say he's of average intelligence, I'd say he's a little higher, considering how well both his plans have gone. He took Tom from hero of Water 7 to criminal in a single move by a rather risky move, and the way he adjusted his plan instantly to account for Robin was what really showed off his skills as a leader, and in the end he got both her and the plans to Pluton nigh perfecterly. Hell, if it weren't for the existance of a second sea train and the inhuman ability of Luffy and the others to survive Aqua Laguna, Spadam would have won already, but even considering that he's created the most foavorable situtation for himself.

    I never said he was above blame or mistakes, but you have to give the man credit where credit is due.

    I should note that the "hate" part wasn't so much directed at anyone specifically here as to the fandom as a whole
    Last edited by Shamgi; 03-16-2006 at 10:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykolakis
    Shamgi, you are officially my hero.

  9. #19
    Shamgi is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayato_kamina
    Not to mention he's only in charge because his father was former leader. That is that he was cp5 leader because of that. It was his ingenious idea to frame cutty flam and tom's workers that led to his promotion to CP9 leader.

    I dont hate him, but then to say i like him would be a bit of an exageration. He's funny i'll give him that. Like with the coffee... and the lamp... hehe.

    what you mean about the keys thing shamgi? The number system? or what? i dont follow :P

    He's a good character, unique in both personality and appearance
    I guess I don't get what you mean at first. Accuse him of neoptism, then say he's ingenious.

    Anyways, the way Robin's keys are worked, so that there's only one right key while they all have one. It basically forced all of them to split rather then them just all rushing Spandam to get Robin back. It was never said, but I'd figure that'd be something Spandam would come up with, though who knows.

    It's clearly a good backup plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykolakis
    Shamgi, you are officially my hero.

  10. #20
    -Breeze- is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YBMC
    Raws haven't come out yet. They come out (almost) every friday. This is just the previews. We'll get the good stuff tomorrow.
    The RAW is available at Mangahelpers now if anybody didn't know http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2052.0

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162