They waited way too long for the naruto anime to catch up to the manga so they could add fillers. I bet the people at One Piece probably working on material for the fillers while the anime(based on the manga) is going on. So when the time comes for fillers they have no problem coming with quality stories. Naruto is so messed up right now did you guys check out the popularity contest? did you guys see how low the number of people voting were compare to what it used to be??
lol, that's why they are stupid. and yea it was fun watching the buggy arc.
did you guys know that episode 143 is a filler episode, the whole arc concernig that island is a filler. Does it even look like one?
first of all bleach i think has good fillers
second dont u people remeber the episodes with the dragonislnad or something like that,i mean wen i watched it here in greece on tv i liked it very much,and when i read the manga i realised it was not on the story wow
as for naruto i dont know anything,i havent even saw it :P
iam goig to see it eventually but up until now i dont know anything about that anime,just bits and pieces from here and there
I think that OP has one of the best filler of all rapid spread anime like Bleach or Naruto.
Bleach fillers are lame,and althouh I dont watch Naruto(becouse I hate it), the fillers are even worse than original storyline....
OP has relative nice fillers excluding some weird one(the whole rainbow mist....thing.)
I only saw episode 1 of Naruto, but Bleach? Bleach is the new kid on the block - it has only now started its first true filler arc (it had, I think, two filler episodes until then?). Isn't it a bit too soon to complain about the quality of fillers?
btw if it is possible, can some tell me what are the filler ep. for the One Piece anime ?
edit - sorry for the misunderstanding. but can you include the ep. #
I don't remember them all but one's about Buggy's adventure. Apiz or whatever and the dragon. The rainbow midst crap. Zoro meeting the bounty hunter guys. Chopper and Robin. Sanji and the marine cook. Ussopp firework thing. Ussopp and the gun guy. Sanji and that other cook. I think there was more but I can't remember.
Buggy Adventure is not actually filler - it is based on manga mini-arc that ran on title pages. The same for Coby sidestory. Of course, both of these were largely expanded (and in my opinion, it made them more enjoyable this way).
True fillers in the series (if we don't count movies etc.) are:
1. Two episodes in Loguetown dealing with Usopp getting his new goggles and Sanji getting the Elephant Tuna.
2. The Warship Island Arc, inserted after escaping from Loguetown, and before arriving to Grand Line. The part of manga dealing with Calm Belt was redone and put here.
3. Several episodes in Arabasta where the Strawhats go across the desert to Yuba. Notable difference from manga is that Ace joins them on this journey and only leaves after the fillers end.
4. A whole bunch of fillers after Strawhats leave Arabasta. First are five "character episodes", each highlighting one of the characters. Then three-episode Goat Island Arc, dealing with an old man on an island full of goats. Finally, the Rainbow Mist Arc, which I consider excellent.
5. G8 Arc - inserted between leaving of Skypiea and arrival to Long Ring Long Land. I haven't seen this one, as the episodes I have are of very bad quality.
6. Memories Arc - inserted between Davy Back Fight and Water 7. I have good quality episodes here, but didn't watch it yet.
Theoretically, even if the manga would start to lag, the anime can keep itself for a while without fillers by animating the other title-page stories. I'd like to see Jango's Dance Paradise (they really should do that by now, as Jango just suddenly appears in Arabasta as a Marine, and if you haven't read manga, you have no clue how THAT happened.)
Well, Rainbow Mist was interesting from a topological point of view, which has to count for something. I like truly weird places, like Ocean's Navel in first TV special, or, indeed, Enie's Lobby.