Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    RebelWithout is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default

    All I know is...Zoro would be way less cool if he didn't consistently get sliced and diced to the verge of death...

    and then kick some ass.

  2. #12
    Sesshu is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    313

    Default

    At the moment, the only person that I believe that has the physical capability to master some of the form are Luffy and Zoro, maybe Sanji... they strenght are several class above all other.

    Nami, Usopp and Chopper rely on other source of power to attack... like ClimaTact, dials, rumble point. Not of those are they're own... cept maybe some of chopper... but he no where near thier strenght They can't possible keep up with those "monsters".

    I won't place Robin with Luffy and the other too, cause her power rely on the fact that it difficult to defend against... psyically speaking... I doubt she can beat anyone in direct combat.

    Frank is strong, but I doubt he has the disciple to learn any of the 6 form... Even he was able to some what match luffy in combat... (which I partly believe cause Luffy got other things on his mine, main ablo Usopp and Merry)
    Some how I'm unbanned.... Yay!

    But my wonderful waterfall sig is gone!!! Do you have any idea how much time I spent on it!!!

    ~They call me the Master Researcher~

  3. #13
    yoda is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in a freezing country
    Posts
    530

    Default Re: will all the characters at master one form of rokushiki?

    Quote Originally Posted by burningman
    It seems that that luffy has mastered soru of the six forms, allowing his body to move at incredible speeds. but will the rest of the crew learn some rokushiki moves?

    this is what I think:

    sanji: Rankyaku (storm leg) perfect for snaji, right?

    chopper: shigan (finger gun) imagine that, shigan should be perfect for a person with a beast fruit or vice versa, since they are the most effective in close combat range

    Nami: Geppou (moon step) she could fire lightning bolts while jumping in midair!

    zorro: tekkai (iron lump) imagine zorro, with an almost invincible body!

    ussopp: Kami-e (paper drawing) suitable for someone who doesn't like getting hit!
    i could'nt help myself to notice that you did'nt put Robin and it is also a proof that what your saying would'nt be quite true becaus when your saying the rest of the crew it includs Robin and it would be stupid if she was the only one that would'nt have any new move

  4. #14
    Santoryu is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Robin doesn't need any new moves. She seems to just develop new ways of using her powers.

    As for the rest, I don't think they need to learn Rokushiki as much as learn how to overcome it's various forms. By achieving Second Gear, Luffy was able to move fast enough to counter whatever Blueno was pulling. Not Rokushiki, but faster and more powerful.

  5. #15
    komanz is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    82

    Default

    what? luffy do piracy? copying someone style is stealing, their move are copyright. anyway i think no one will learn cp9 style except luffy, maybe he can also copy tekkai

  6. #16
    vi3txskillz is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orokamono
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds awefully close to "copying".
    And there is nothing wrong with it. New forms of martial arts are developed all the time by incorporating other forms.

    To be more specific, Luffy saw that they were capable of kicking their legs many times (more than 10) instantaneously, which gives them a ton of momentum and thus speed. While apparently most people are unable to observe this with the naked eye, Luffy was able to keep up and having seen this he copied it in order to put more momentum/speed into his attacks. However Luffy is not used to making his body move at that speed and under that much stress his metabolism shoots up resulting in increased body temperature which is where the cool steam effect came from.

    Let's just clear up some thing, first luffy didn't copy anymoves, remember when he fought Akoji, he said he was training to become stronger so he wouldn't lose his nakamas, which means he was already training his techniques before he fought them, second he said he saw their techniques and realize what they did so as to counter it (was their any point in the manga where he hop and skip 10 times, NM) that's why he said you won't be able to touch me anymore or something like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu
    By achieving Second Gear, Luffy was able to move fast enough to counter whatever Blueno was pulling. Not Rokushiki, but faster and more powerful.
    As far as second gear goes, Luffy never used it, or rather he didn't get the chance because the guy didn't survive his "jet bazooka" and yes his first gear was faster then the CP9, which brings up the hop and skip 10 times (lol), I don't think Luffy hopped and skipped.

    Anyways as far as learning new moves I don't think the others would learn the rokushiki, maybe Zoro if he tries which I doubt, remember he's trying to be the best "Swordman" not fighter, which in regards won't allow him to use a move unless it has something to do with swordmanship, maybe he'll create something later. Plus these moves took a lot time and effort to master, theirs definitely no way Usopp could, Chopper is always reading books and learning new stuff to help his nakamas so he's out, Robin too only likes to read books, Sanji only worries about cooking and pleasing the "ladies" (might learn something), Franky despise CP9 to much to learn anything that resembles their moves, and don't even bother to mention Nami, all she thinks about is gold.

    So in conclusion Luffy got his "Gears" don't know how many as of yet.

    Zoro might create some new sword techniques to fight Mihawk.

    Sanji (maybe)

    Usopp, Robin, Chopper, Franky, and Nami will almost definitely not learn Rokushiki.

  7. #17
    komanz is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    82

    Default

    i agree, luufy the only one who will learn to copy rokushiki

  8. #18
    Orokamono is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vi3txskillz
    Let's just clear up some thing, first luffy didn't copy anymoves, remember when he fought Akoji, he said he was training to become stronger so he wouldn't lose his nakamas, which means he was already training his techniques before he fought them, second he said he saw their techniques and realize what they did so as to counter it (was their any point in the manga where he hop and skip 10 times, NM) that's why he said you won't be able to touch me anymore or something like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu
    By achieving Second Gear, Luffy was able to move fast enough to counter whatever Blueno was pulling. Not Rokushiki, but faster and more powerful.
    As far as second gear goes, Luffy never used it, or rather he didn't get the chance because the guy didn't survive his "jet bazooka" and yes his first gear was faster then the CP9, which brings up the hop and skip 10 times (lol), I don't think Luffy hopped and skipped.

    So in conclusion Luffy got his "Gears" don't know how many as of yet.
    I disagree with a couple of your points. Speaking semantics, Luffy said he "thought" of a way to become stronger in at the end of Chapter 387. Doesn't say he was training specifically. Well that's my weakest argument.

    Next, you say Luffy never used "Second Gear". However at the end of Chapter 387 he clearly says his moves are going to amp up, and in the last panel his body is steaming and he announces, "Gear, Second". Then the next Chapter, titled "Gear Second" and Luffy's abilities have clearly altered. At the end of the fight Luffy says his body is "not used to it yet" and he has to eat.

    You claim Luffy isn't using "rokushiki". He's not using all six, but just "Soru", which is actually an important distinction comming up. Here's what Blueno said in Chapter 388
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueno
    No way! No, there's no doubt! For sure that guy...has figured out how to use "soru"! And is able to move around with it! Not only did he use "soru" his body's become strong enough to use the technique with ease! But there's no way anyone can beat a "rokushiki" user in speed! There's no way we can lose!
    First, Blueno explicitly says Luffy is using "soru". One of your points was is that Luffy is using something faster and more powerful than "rokushiki" and that he was countering Blueno's abilities. However Blueno is thinking that because he himself knows all six forms, his body must be stronger and faster and thus able to overcome Luffy's speed. He uses the distinction to justify is own self-confidence. I've never seen anywhere that any one technique of the "rokushiki", including the speed of "soru", has been quantified or standardized. Luffy is using the "soru" technique, just better than Blueno.

    So my point is that Luffy is in deed using "soru", he just happens to be better at it than Blueno at this point. From my own translation of the end of Chapter 389, Lucchi says, "He's been a bartender for the last 5 years, so his arm got dull. Of course if your dull you'll lose..." Lucchi is in the same mindset as Blueno, realizing Luffy must have something, even if he doesn't know it's the similiar technique, that in spite of whatever ability Luffy is using to match an existing "rokushiki" user, that his own ability in "rokushiki" is superior.

    Something else I don't understand that you keep saying is about "hop and skip" thing. No one said, except for maybe a different translation, that anyone his hopping and skipping. In the Null translation, which I'm using because I don't have a raw of my own, Luffy uses the word "kicking" and the way I've enterpreted the use of "soru" involves pushing off the ground many times instantaneously in order to gain more momentum. More momentum equals more potential for speed. It's not like when using "soru" are you reciting nursery rhymes on the playground with your best girlfriend. It's true, Luffy is not hopping and skipping, but he's creating tons of momentum which allows him to move incredibly fast and he's transferring that to his extremities to increase the speed and overall effect/power of his attacks.

    Stand still and punch the air in front of you. Now step into it and punch. The velocity of your punch should increase by more than if you were just standing still.

    I hope I have not offended you. I enjoy discussions about One Piece and did not mean to attack you, just refuting what you said

  9. #19
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    didn't read all the post, but for what i read, i agree with you orokamono ^^ :P
    luffy was in 2nd gear and used soru against blueno, and then he was about to use a new technique but blueno fell to the ground

  10. #20
    vi3txskillz is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orokamono

    Next, you say Luffy never used "Second Gear". However at the end of Chapter 387 he clearly says his moves are going to amp up, and in the last panel his body is steaming and he announces, "Gear, Second". Then the next Chapter, titled "Gear Second" and Luffy's abilities have clearly altered. At the end of the fight Luffy says his body is "not used to it yet" and he has to eat.

    You claim Luffy isn't using "rokushiki". He's not using all six, but just "Soru", which is actually an important distinction comming up. Here's what Blueno said in Chapter 388
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueno
    No way! No, there's no doubt! For sure that guy...has figured out how to use "soru"! And is able to move around with it! Not only did he use "soru" his body's become strong enough to use the technique with ease! But there's no way anyone can beat a "rokushiki" user in speed! There's no way we can lose!
    First, Blueno explicitly says Luffy is using "soru". One of your points was is that Luffy is using something faster and more powerful than "rokushiki" and that he was countering Blueno's abilities. However Blueno is thinking that because he himself knows all six forms, his body must be stronger and faster and thus able to overcome Luffy's speed. He uses the distinction to justify is own self-confidence. I've never seen anywhere that any one technique of the "rokushiki", including the speed of "soru", has been quantified or standardized. Luffy is using the "soru" technique, just better than Blueno.

    So my point is that Luffy is in deed using "soru", he just happens to be better at it than Blueno at this point. From my own translation of the end of Chapter 389, Lucchi says, "He's been a bartender for the last 5 years, so his arm got dull. Of course if your dull you'll lose..." Lucchi is in the same mindset as Blueno, realizing Luffy must have something, even if he doesn't know it's the similiar technique, that in spite of whatever ability Luffy is using to match an existing "rokushiki" user, that his own ability in "rokushiki" is superior.

    Something else I don't understand that you keep saying is about "hop and skip" thing. No one said, except for maybe a different translation, that anyone his hopping and skipping. In the Null translation, which I'm using because I don't have a raw of my own, Luffy uses the word "kicking" and the way I've enterpreted the use of "soru" involves pushing off the ground many times instantaneously in order to gain more momentum. More momentum equals more potential for speed. It's not like when using "soru" are you reciting nursery rhymes on the playground with your best girlfriend. It's true, Luffy is not hopping and skipping, but he's creating tons of momentum which allows him to move incredibly fast and he's transferring that to his extremities to increase the speed and overall effect/power of his attacks.

    Stand still and punch the air in front of you. Now step into it and punch. The velocity of your punch should increase by more than if you were just standing still.

    I hope I have not offended you. I enjoy discussions about One Piece and did not mean to attack you, just refuting what you said

    Lol, your right. When it came to the second gear I guess I was zooming threw the manga to quick to realize that he did go into second gear without transforming into the first and assumed it was the first. What I thought was going to be the second gear was the move he told Blueno he was going to do before he got knocked out, but I guess it can be assume that it's going to be his third. What kind of confused me now is, what move would be considered 1st Gear or is he always in 1st Gear? In anycase with the hop and skip thing it was just a joke to the way they drew how Blueno moved across the picture. It seemed kinda funny to me, so i kind of named it that way. I didn't mean to make it seem like it was a move.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79