Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
  1. #11
    vi3txskillz is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni
    and yes people can be smarter than 212 (steve Hawkie is like 300)

    i think Bill Cliton is 212 as well
    A little too much exageration. Stephen Hawking is no where near 300 he might be a somewhere above or below 200 though and Bill clinton does not have an IQ score of 212, that means he's one of the smartest person to have ever lived on this planet. In any case an IQ test usually use different standard deviations with 15, 16, and 20, usually 100 would be the mean.

    Here's a couple good link with the definition and IQ scores: http://www.geocities.com/rnseitz/Definition_of_IQ.html
    http://members.shaw.ca/delajara/Cox300.html
    http://www.emode.com

    [quote="shautieh"]
    Quote Originally Posted by burningman
    robin: 212
    Nami: 167
    chopper: 155
    ussopp: 150 (he's always coming up with new inventions)
    sanji: 124
    zorro: 75
    luffy: the iq of a pothead after smoking too much crack , and received brain damage after crashing his car , when driving under the influence of crack
    I disagree, here's how my list would look like:

    Robin - 190 (Archeologist who knows about ancient civilizations and reads a lot, increadily intelligent - genius level)

    Chopper - 175 (Hmm.. a dotor who knows alot about chemistry, biology, physics, anatnomy and does a lot of research and reading on spare time)

    Usopp - 140 (Somewhat innovative/inventor, bad at lieing if he was really smart he can persuade or convince them instead but can't.)

    Nami - 135 (I consider her around the same IQ as Usopp being she's a good navigator, which means she's good with Math.)

    Sanji - 120 (Needs to be fairly smart, to be able to mix ingrediants correctly to cook.)

    Zoro - 105 (Can't really tell because he doesn't talk much, but he often gets lost pretty easily, still his intelligence is around average.)

    Luffy - 90 (Not the brightest star in the sky, but still can deal with most situations fairly calm, it seems he got a lil smarter as we got close to the water 7 arc, I was a bit surprised with his logic with some of the comments he made.)

  2. #12
    Rurrouni is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vi3txskillz
    I disagree, here's how my list would look like:

    Robin - 190 (Archeologist who knows about ancient civilizations and reads a lot, increadily intelligent - genius level)

    Chopper - 175 (Hmm.. a dotor who knows alot about chemistry, biology, physics, anatnomy and does a lot of research and reading on spare time)

    Usopp - 140 (Somewhat innovative/inventor, bad at lieing if he was really smart he can persuade or convince them instead but can't.)

    Nami - 135 (I consider her around the same IQ as Usopp being she's a good navigator, which means she's good with Math.)

    Sanji - 120 (Needs to be fairly smart, to be able to mix ingrediants correctly to cook.)

    Zoro - 105 (Can't really tell because he doesn't talk much, but he often gets lost pretty easily, still his intelligence is around average.)

    Luffy - 90 (Not the brightest star in the sky, but still can deal with most situations fairly calm, it seems he got a lil smarter as we got close to the water 7 arc, I was a bit surprised with his logic with some of the comments he made.)
    I think Nami's intelligence is a little higher then Usopp's but other then that I think you are pretty accurate. May want to raise Robin by 5 to 10 points considering her presusaive abilities with others.

  3. #13
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vi3txskillz
    Robin - 190 (Archeologist who knows about ancient civilizations and reads a lot, increadily intelligent - genius level)

    Chopper - 175 (Hmm.. a dotor who knows alot about chemistry, biology, physics, anatnomy and does a lot of research and reading on spare time)

    Usopp - 140 (Somewhat innovative/inventor, bad at lieing if he was really smart he can persuade or convince them instead but can't.)

    Nami - 135 (I consider her around the same IQ as Usopp being she's a good navigator, which means she's good with Math.)

    Sanji - 120 (Needs to be fairly smart, to be able to mix ingrediants correctly to cook.)

    Zoro - 105 (Can't really tell because he doesn't talk much, but he often gets lost pretty easily, still his intelligence is around average.)

    Luffy - 90 (Not the brightest star in the sky, but still can deal with most situations fairly calm, it seems he got a lil smarter as we got close to the water 7 arc, I was a bit surprised with his logic with some of the comments he made.)
    i cannot agree, simply because Oda said who are the people with the highest IQ in OP, and nami was second (i think), and robin was not there.

    so nami is first

    and zoro may be a fighter, he is far from stupid, AND IQ mesures your rapidity to think (no ?) so zoro must have a pretty high IQ to be able to analyse the situation as he does and act in the most perfect way in a fraction of second.

    and robin has a lot of knowledge... and what ??? that doesn't give her a high IQ

    nami 160
    robin 140
    usopp 140
    chopper 130
    zoro 130
    sanji 120
    luffy 80

  4. #14
    vi3txskillz is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    i cannot agree, simply because Oda said who are the people with the highest IQ in OP, and nami was second (i think), and robin was not there.

    so nami is first

    and zoro may be a fighter, he is far from stupid, AND IQ mesures your rapidity to think (no ?) so zoro must have a pretty high IQ to be able to analyse the situation as he does and act in the most perfect way in a fraction of second.

    and robin has a lot of knowledge... and what ??? that doesn't give her a high IQ

    nami 160
    robin 140
    usopp 140
    chopper 130
    zoro 130
    sanji 120
    luffy 80

    My list is base off of my analysis, simply that's what I think their IQ is.

    For Nami to be higher then Robin and Chopper I couldn't agree with you or Oda. Reason why I think Robin is so intelligent is because she was able to decipher ancient civilization text when she was little, I don't think anyone taught her or at least to my knowledge no one has. Also she's been reading a lot of books and trying to figure out the answer is behind them (what kind of person does that). Same with Chopper, he comes up with new antidote and medicine on his own with reading and researching and experimenting, he might be gullible since he's so trusting but he's still has a much higher IQ then Nami. With Zoro, what you call analysis, I call instinct and experience not necessarily intelligence. Also reason I couldn't really gauge Zoro's intelligence is because he hardly does anything except for sleeping that's why I left his IQ at average.

  5. #15
    Holy Knight is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    30

    Default

    In my estimation it'd go like such:

    Nami: at least 140
    Sanji: around 125
    Robin: Close to Nami ~130-140
    Luffy: an idiot and pretty gullible, but ... ~90-110+
    Zorro: 110+
    Usop: ~135
    Chopper: ~120-130

    Explanation:

    Nami:

    She's a thief and even though physicaly weak, survived long years to accumulate all the cash to buy back her village. Considering her abilities as a navigator, her way of scheming to get more gold coupled to the fact that she learn pretty quickly ( when she first got her weapon-I forget the name-she kept using it until she got it right ). All this makes me believe Oda when he says she's the 2nd most intelligent.

    Sanji:

    Knowledge of how to use foods in the right mixture is more than base knowledge of cooking. Therefore, his IQ is 125. Even though he's weak against girls, it is no indication of his intelligence. In the current arc, when he decided to board the train to chase after Robin, he assessed that things would converge there, however, leaving a huge message for Nami makes this part null in terms of IQ points

    Robin:

    Contrary to belief, knowledge is no indicator of intelligence, only how you use it. Therefore, this character has an IQ ranging from 130-140. Interesting point: once she was on the straw-hat crews boat, she analysed in just a few moments what would attract each character ( jewels for Nami, comedy for usop,chopper and Luffy, etc... ), so her IQ could probably bump up a few points.

    Luffy:

    He's an interesting case. He appears to be an idiot, but it's mostly comedic relief. Once he's serious his concentrations seems to focus. His average IQ is probably between 90-110 as I stated. However, in chapter 388, he says to Blueno that after his battle with Aokiji ( the ice admiral ), he "was thinking [about] ways to defeat stronger opponents. Considering he assessed that he would require more strengh in the future, he developed a physical ability I will not mention for fear of spoilers. Therefore, his combat IQ is much higher than average. This means even though he appears to have a low IQ, it is, in fact, much higher in some areas for him.

    Zorro:

    As one of the previous posters noted, his ability to analyse very quickly situations in combat bump up his IQ. Then again, he was the only one suspicious of Robin when she first joined and could not be bribed, sign of at least some intelligence. Same as Luffy, he lack relative Iq points in some areas but seems particularly strong in combat area.

    Usop:

    I'm of mixed feelings for this guy. On one hand, he can amke awesome weapons and small gadgets, sign of superior intelligence. However, as evidenced with Nami's Clima Tact, it was not working in the way Nami wanted it to. Possessing a weaker body than his comrades, he has to make up for in intelligence. In his combat again Luffy, knowing all his weak points, he could devise gizmos to aid him. He nearly won, putting him high on the IQ chart in my opinion.

    Chopper:

    See Robin. What he knows is not his intelligence, but how he uses it. But considering chemistry, medicine and physics as superior arts, we can assess that his usage of them is quite ingenious. Besides he has the "brain point". High IQ, wouldn't surprise me if his is the highest.

    *whew* all of this is from memory, so if there are innacuracies, please advise me

  6. #16
    ayruin is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    67

    Default

    nami 180
    robin 175
    usopp 150
    chopper 105
    zoro 100
    sanji 95
    rufy 82

  7. #17
    jwhiskey is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you! But donīt turn around or itīll piss me off
    Posts
    396

    Default

    UUUhm the smartest person thing was made befor Robin and Chopper were around so you can't say that their less intelligent than Nami just based on that.

    Knowledge of how to use foods in the right mixture is more than base knowledge of cooking. Therefore, his IQ is 125. Even though he's weak against girls, it is no indication of his intelligence. In the current arc, when he decided to board the train to chase after Robin, he assessed that things would converge there, however, leaving a huge message for Nami makes this part null in terms of IQ points
    you don't have to be smart to make a good meal. it's all about feeling and talent. I know a two star restaurant cook and his IQ s below average.

    Robin 160: being able to survive all situations.(you know that most people over 160 are brain or phisikally damaged)
    Chopper 140: simply becaus he learnt to be a perfect docttor in like 5-10 years where others need 6 just to become a normal one
    Nami 130: yeah she's smart and she uses her head in battle.
    Usop 129: same as above
    Sanji 110: he seems kind of smart. The whole mister prince thing
    Zorro: 100 he isn't dumb or a genious ....about average
    Luffy..........is there a minus for IQ?
    Smoker 125
    Tashgi 120
    Franky 170 now that's a real genious( he may be insane but.. well many geniouses are insane
    Crocodile 130
    Mr.3 140
    Eneru 90
    the two apes 50
    the Ramen guy 20
    CP9 Lucci 130
    Luccis 3 friends 130
    the other three 95
    Buggy 110
    captain Black 165

  8. #18
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwhiskey
    UUUhm the smartest person thing was made befor Robin and Chopper were around so you can't say that their less intelligent than Nami just based on that.
    yes but Oda stated that nami has the 2nd highest IQ in the OP world, not on the characters we knew of at the time....
    -> what i am trying to say is that even if robin, chopper and etc. where not "created" yet, Oda's statement should not be denigrated....

    one example : Oda said that there are 6 zoan DF that permits the user to fly.... IF later we see 7+ people with this kinds of abilities, then (sometimes smilies express what i want to say better >.>)

  9. #19
    Lizard is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Among other reptiles
    Posts
    437

    Default

    one example : Oda said that there are 6 zoan DF that permits the user to fly.... IF later we see 7+ people with this kinds of abilities, then (sometimes smilies express what i want to say better >.>)
    Actually,Oda do thinks like that pretty often...
    What I want to say is that Oda quite often try to "power up" characters(mostly oponents of Luffy)comparing them to someone/something that,as the story goes on,must be faar stronger to even hold interest as Luffy oponents...
    And it is self-persuasive abilities of reader thanks to which Oda always get away with it(that char. doesnt knew what he was talking about,that char. is such coward that it is clear that he has mistaken his abilities as DF,etc...)

  10. #20
    jwhiskey is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you! But donīt turn around or itīll piss me off
    Posts
    396

    Default

    yes but Oda stated that nami has the 2nd highest IQ in the OP world, not on the characters we knew of at the time....
    -> what i am trying to say is that even if robin, chopper and etc. where not "created" yet, Oda's statement should not be denigrated....

    one example : Oda said that there are 6 zoan DF that permits the user to fly.... IF later we see 7+ people with this kinds of abilities, then (sometimes smilies express what i want to say better >.>)
    1. He din' say One piece world. he said of all characters.
    2. Mangakas often say this kind of stuff and then change it while new characters apear.
    3. The flying thing is something totally different. Here he tells you what's going to happen in the future. He has allready promised it and can't take it back

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162