Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Pirate summit?

  1. #1
    strawhataddison is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The roof of the Ennis Lobby court house
    Posts
    184

    Default Pirate summit?

    When are we going to see the Pirate summit? Im hoping after the end of this Arc. And hopefully well get to see Whitebeard v. Shanks and Luffy v. Buggy/Alvida too. Maybe the identities of the pirate gods? All the loose ends are really piling up.

  2. #2
    Penguins is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Follow the screams
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: Pirate summit?

    Quote Originally Posted by strawhataddison
    When are we going to see the Pirate summit? Im hoping after the end of this Arc. And hopefully well get to see Whitebeard v. Shanks and Luffy v. Buggy/Alvida too. Maybe the identities of the pirate gods? All the loose ends are really piling up.
    I hope so too I also think Pirate summit is a sort of half way point in the grand line (its like going over a mountain right know there going up to the summit and then down the back) and after it it'll probably be full of all 100 million+ pirates so it'll be like luffy's starting all over since he will be just as strong as any other pirate there.


    They will write a new page, if only they could write, they will start a new age all they need is time,its a penguin attack!!!

  3. #3
    Deathranger is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I hope so too I also think Pirate summit is a sort of half way point in the grand line (its like going over a mountain right know there going up to the summit and then down the back) and after it it'll probably be full of all 100 million+ pirates so it'll be like luffy's starting all over since he will be just as strong as any other pirate there.
    penguins that is an odd thought. if he was just another pirate among many others there would have to be some super powerful people to make it there. but to contradict myself who would have to face the same enemies that the straw hats did.

  4. #4
    IdiotHunter's Avatar
    IdiotHunter is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    559

    Default Re: Pirate summit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Penguins
    Quote Originally Posted by strawhataddison
    When are we going to see the Pirate summit? Im hoping after the end of this Arc. And hopefully well get to see Whitebeard v. Shanks and Luffy v. Buggy/Alvida too. Maybe the identities of the pirate gods? All the loose ends are really piling up.
    I hope so too I also think Pirate summit is a sort of half way point in the grand line (its like going over a mountain right know there going up to the summit and then down the back) and after it it'll probably be full of all 100 million+ pirates so it'll be like luffy's starting all over since he will be just as strong as any other pirate there.
    Halfway mark...I would seriously hope NOT. More like, the end. Just think: nearly 400 chapters and not even halfway...I love this series, but all series go bad if they stall too long. And remember, only 56 chapters max a year -_-

    -Thanks to ApocalypticArk for the new siggy~!



    ^...I'm Silverwmoon's puppy! ^-^ =3

  5. #5
    strawhataddison is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The roof of the Ennis Lobby court house
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Pirate summit?

    I hope so too I also think Pirate summit is a sort of half way point in the grand line (its like going over a mountain right know there going up to the summit and then down the back) and after it it'll probably be full of all 100 million+ pirates so it'll be like luffy's starting all over since he will be just as strong as any other pirate there.[/quote]

    Ive heard that before (that the pirate summit is the half-way point). Where did people get this idea? Did Oda say that somewhere, like in the SBS corner? On that topic, does anyone know where I can see translated SBS corner? Also, I heard Oda actually replies to posts on the swedish (or swiss or german or something) OP message board.

  6. #6
    Penguins is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Follow the screams
    Posts
    419

    Default Re: Pirate summit?

    Quote Originally Posted by strawhataddison
    I hope so too I also think Pirate summit is a sort of half way point in the grand line (its like going over a mountain right know there going up to the summit and then down the back) and after it it'll probably be full of all 100 million+ pirates so it'll be like luffy's starting all over since he will be just as strong as any other pirate there.
    Ive heard that before (that the pirate summit is the half-way point). Where did people get this idea? Did Oda say that somewhere, like in the SBS corner? On that topic, does anyone know where I can see translated SBS corner? Also, I heard Oda actually replies to posts on the swedish (or swiss or german or something) OP message board.
    Just so you know theres a quote button on the top right hand corner of every post you might wanna edit that and fix it. Also a while ago I heard that Oda said one piece was at about the halfway point thats how I got the theory...it might not be true I'm not sure but its still possible.


    They will write a new page, if only they could write, they will start a new age all they need is time,its a penguin attack!!!

  7. #7
    strawhataddison is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The roof of the Ennis Lobby court house
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Thats what i do! i hit the quote button, and it comes out all shitty looking like that. it pisses me off! i apologize because i know its shitty looking. i dont know why it does that.

  8. #8
    Penguins is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Follow the screams
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawhataddison
    Thats what i do! i hit the quote button, and it comes out all shitty looking like that. it pisses me off! i apologize because i know its shitty looking. i dont know why it does that.
    well another way to do it is to do [quote="username"] [/quote ] and put the message in between those.


    They will write a new page, if only they could write, they will start a new age all they need is time,its a penguin attack!!!

  9. #9
    strawhataddison is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The roof of the Ennis Lobby court house
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Pirate summit?

    Quote Originally Posted by "IdiotHunter
    Halfway mark...I would seriously hope NOT. More like, the end. Just think: nearly 400 chapters and not even halfway...I love this series, but all series go bad if they stall too long. And remember, only 56 chapters max a year -_-

    What about american comics? Superman and batman have been around since the 40s and they're still extremely popular (but im not saying they should be).
    Fantastic 4 and Xmen have been around since the 60s and theyre still making movies about them.

  10. #10
    JC123 is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I don't think you can compare the american comics to the Japanese.

    The Japanese are a story. A beginning, a middle, and an end.

    American comics are arcs. But I've yet to see one of the heroes' of Gotham/New York have an end. Which is why I no longer look at them. The characters are great but they grew stagnant for me when I have to read arc after arc and it didn't go anywhere.

    And to quote, take away the ". You don't need them. That was there to show you what you need to write.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162