Hancock, Luffy's mother ?
I was searching for some infos about Hancock and I stumbled upon several threads speculating she might be Luffy's mother. At first it seemed extremely silly, but even if I am still not convinced at all I must say I find this this theory quite interesting now.
The (more or less far fetched) arguments are :
- The mark Hancock has on her back reminded Luffy of something. It could be a recollection of his mother's back he engraved into his mind when he was still with her, as a baby.
- Lola is not likely to be her daughter (given how ugly she is... but who knows :s) => maybe Amazons' babies are exchanged with females when they are male, and Lola took Luffy's place ?
- maybe her powers don't work on him because he unconsciously recognized she was her mother, which helps him avoid venal thoughts.
- a funny one I read elsewhere : maybe Kuma sent Luffy in this land because he was crying after his mama at the time xD
- it does seem Luffy won't be beating the Amazon's to the pulp, and will ally (at least temporarily) with Hancock, as it would be very poor scenaristically for Luffy to come and beat one of the Shichibukai "finger in the nose". This theory could help reverse the situation.
So, what do you think ? :p