Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 94

Thread: Zoro vs Luffy

  1. #21
    krazykurapica is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    on the bed
    Posts
    293

    Default

    I hate to admit it, as I am a fan of Zoro, but Luffy is stronger. THe proof is that his goal is harder to achieve. (well, that doesn't REALLY prove it, but we all know that he is going to get One Piece sooner or later)

  2. #22
    sanze is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    25

    Default

    i agree

    all i know is that Zoro wanted to be the strongest swordman in the world, and Luffy is not a swordman so Zoro can get his goal without being stronger than Luffy

    but Luffy wanted to become the pirate king and pirate king means that he have to be the strongest pirate because that's what Gol D. Roger is, and Zoro is a pirate ....... so if Luffy can't win agains Zoro then he can forget about his dream

  3. #23
    hyo
    hyo is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Joysey
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Although Zoro rocks the green hair and the three sword thing. I have to give it to Luffy.

    SIDEWAYS FUN

  4. #24
    shinigamiwolf is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    seeking for a place where sanity is not needed
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanze
    but Luffy wanted to become the pirate king and pirate king means that he have to be the strongest pirate because that's what Gol D. Roger is, and Zoro is a pirate ....... so if Luffy can't win agains Zoro then he can forget about his dream
    What are you talking about, it wouldn't matter since there crewmates. If what you say is true doesn't that mean that Gol D Roger had to fight against the strongest in his crew, I seriously doubt that. Luffy can become pirate king without fighting Zoro. If Zoro wasn't in the crew then that would be a different story.

  5. #25
    Matrias is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Fringe of Memory
    Posts
    165

    Default

    ...Being Pirate King was never defined as being the strongest. Not once was that said.


    Luffy is stronger in terms of raw strength, however, I maintain he is too stupid to beat someone as skilled as Zoro. Sort of balances eachother out.

  6. #26
    krazykurapica is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    on the bed
    Posts
    293

    Default

    True, but they DID say that becoming a pirate king is harder than becoming the greatest swordsman. Pirates tend to fight; swordsmans tend to fight, so in conclusion, if they both achieve their goal, Luffy would be in a much higher level than Zoro

  7. #27
    Matrias is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Fringe of Memory
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I don't think it means he'll be stronger. If anything, I just think it'll be HARDER for Luffy then for Zoro. They two seem to grow in step with each other in terms of fighting ability.

    Luffy is definatly the star here, but I don't think that means he's top dog in every category.

  8. #28
    sanze is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinigamiwolf
    Quote Originally Posted by sanze
    but Luffy wanted to become the pirate king and pirate king means that he have to be the strongest pirate because that's what Gol D. Roger is, and Zoro is a pirate ....... so if Luffy can't win agains Zoro then he can forget about his dream
    What are you talking about, it wouldn't matter since there crewmates. If what you say is true doesn't that mean that Gol D Roger had to fight against the strongest in his crew, I seriously doubt that. Luffy can become pirate king without fighting Zoro. If Zoro wasn't in the crew then that would be a different story.
    if it doesn't matter just because their a crewmate then there won't be any topic about Zoro Vs Luffy

    well, for me Luffy don't have to fight Zoro .... if the manga shows me that he's stronger than Zoro (like it always do), that's enough for me

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrias
    ...Being Pirate King was never defined as being the strongest. Not once was that said.
    yes you right, being a pirate king never defined as the strongest since the stronget man in the world at this momment is Whitebeard but he's not the pirate king yet

    but at least Gol D. Roger was the strongest man in the world when he achieve that title

    Luffy is stronger in terms of raw strength, however, I maintain he is too stupid to beat someone as skilled as Zoro. Sort of balances eachother out.
    Lucci and most of the CP9 is strong and skillful ......... now, how do you think Luffy gonna beat them ???

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrias
    Luffy is definatly the star here, but I don't think that means he's top dog in every category.
    you right again ...... at least i would like to believe that he's the top dog in strength and stupidity

  9. #29
    Matrias is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Fringe of Memory
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrias
    ...Being Pirate King was never defined as being the strongest. Not once was that said.
    yes you right, being a pirate king never defined as the strongest since the stronget man in the world at this momment is Whitebeard but he's not the pirate king yet

    but at least Gol D. Roger was the strongest man in the world when he achieve that title
    Whitebeards hooked up to a fricking IV. He's strong, but I doubt he's the strongest in the WORLD. I bet his real power may be in the fact that he's a great leader. He certainly has charmed Ace.

    And no where does it say Gol D. Roger was the strongest, just that he beat nearly everyone he fought. He was like Luffy. An ass kicker. Doesn't mean he's the strongest one, though.

    Luffy is stronger in terms of raw strength, however, I maintain he is too stupid to beat someone as skilled as Zoro. Sort of balances eachother out.
    Lucci and most of the CP9 is strong and skillful ......... now, how do you think Luffy gonna beat them ???
    The same way Luffy overcomes all his other opponents: They'll under estimate him, and he'll overcome him with sheer tenacity.

    Zoro, in comparison, knows Luffy and what he's truly capable of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matrias
    Luffy is definatly the star here, but I don't think that means he's top dog in every category.
    you right again ...... at least i would like to believe that he's the top dog in strength and stupidity
    You go on believing that, then.

  10. #30
    Devilman X is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Oh
    Posts
    427

    Default

    I always thought the were evenly matched. At the beginning of the manga, there was a little chart comparing Luffy's and Zoro's strength and they were even. And I always thought Zoro let Luffy fight the top bad guys either out of respect for Luffy or because he was too injured from a previous fight. Though the anime fillers and movies definitely tries to make Luffy look notably stronger.

    Sooooo... I don't know who would win in a fight. Luffy is the main character (well, most important main character), so maybe him. But after seeing Zoro's fight with Mr. 1, when Zoro is on the verge of death, his senses increases dramatically, so he might be able to take down Luffy.

    Oh well, just my 2 cents.
    Forever searching...

 

 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79