Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    kico321 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default Possible Spoiler?

    I'm sure everyone has their own opinion as to what the end of One piece will be. This is just one more.
    To start off, what is the one piece? My look on it is that it's an island that only one man in the current world has ever been to, Gold D. Roger. The island contains the technology of an ancient civilization that has ceased to be, somehow due to the world government.
    I find that to be obvious, whereas the next part is speculation. I also think the ancient civilization is a possible future of this world, where all the world's efforts are used to make weapons. The islands of the world came be after ice caps melted and now those islands are all that is left.
    Dragon is the son of Garp and father to Luffy. Dragon is also Gold D. Roger. He is head of the Resistance simply because he knows the truth of how the government has hidden the knowledge contained on the island one piece. Which is why Garp, a marine, deems Dragon to be dangerous.
    Finally, the reason that Shanks bet his arm to the "new era" is that he was once a member on Roger's ship. He must have known Roger and where he came from, East Blue. He found Luffy, a boy with a dream to be pirate king and willing to give his life for it. I'm sure Shanks saw in Luffy the traits that fit Roger.

    The second paragraph most likely is just looking too far in to what the world could be.

    Other thoughts anyone?

  2. #2
    Pilgrim Bob is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    somewhere between Raftel and Whisky Peak
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Let's discuss this very interesting hypotheses objectively.

    Quote Originally Posted by kico321 View Post
    My look on it is that it's an island that only one man in the current world has ever been to, Gold D. Roger.
    First of all, did Roger and Roger alone make the journey to find One Piece? What about his crew? Did Shanks? And Buggy? I think this is open to speculation.

    Quote Originally Posted by kico321 View Post
    Dragon is also Gold D. Roger.
    wtf?? Isn't Roger dead already?? How could Dragon be Roger when Garp is Dragon's dad? In other words, how can Roger be Garp's son?

    Quote Originally Posted by kico321 View Post
    Which is why Garp, a marine, deems Dragon to be dangerous.
    With this statement you have contradicted your point#2 above.Bcoz if Dragon IS Roger no "deeming" is necessary, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by kico321 View Post
    Finally, the reason that Shanks bet his arm to the "new era" is that he was once a member on Roger's ship. He must have known Roger and where he came from, East Blue. He found Luffy, a boy with a dream to be pirate king and willing to give his life for it. I'm sure Shanks saw in Luffy the traits that fit Roger.
    My opinion is, Shanks already knew the real connection between Roger and Luffy (other than the Will of D) that is not revealed in the manga yet. The connection that makes Luffy as a potential future Pirate King and do something great. That's why he sacrificed his arm to save Luffy so that Luffy survives and fulfil his destiny.

    Well, this thread is soo open for discussion.
    You May Have Seen Me Somewhere

  3. #3
    Miles Edgeworth is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Grand Line
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kico321 View Post
    I'm sure everyone has their own opinion as to what the end of One piece will be. This is just one more.
    To start off, what is the one piece? My look on it is that it's an island that only one man in the current world has ever been to, Gold D. Roger. The island contains the technology of an ancient civilization that has ceased to be, somehow due to the world government.
    I find that to be obvious, whereas the next part is speculation. I also think the ancient civilization is a possible future of this world, where all the world's efforts are used to make weapons. The islands of the world came be after ice caps melted and now those islands are all that is left.
    Dragon is the son of Garp and father to Luffy. Dragon is also Gold D. Roger. He is head of the Resistance simply because he knows the truth of how the government has hidden the knowledge contained on the island one piece. Which is why Garp, a marine, deems Dragon to be dangerous.
    Finally, the reason that Shanks bet his arm to the "new era" is that he was once a member on Roger's ship. He must have known Roger and where he came from, East Blue. He found Luffy, a boy with a dream to be pirate king and willing to give his life for it. I'm sure Shanks saw in Luffy the traits that fit Roger.

    The second paragraph most likely is just looking too far in to what the world could be.

    Other thoughts anyone?


    Lol, it's really funny how the part you say you're sure of is very unlikely to be true, but the parts you call speculation are somewhat plausible, like at the end where you were talking about Shanks and Luffy. I kinda agree that Shanks saw some good things in Luffy, and that's why he bet his arm.

    Also, Gold Roger is supposedly dead, and I'm pretty sure he is NOT Dragon.

    If One Piece was just a bunch of technology that is good for building even more weapons, it would be sad. The kind of sad that would make the whole entire world a less happy place. I do not agree with your ideas about what One Piece is. I have absolutely no clue as to what it might be, but I'm pretty sure it's not an island with technology great for building weapons (which are bad).


    Also about Garp and Dragon, well they don't necessarily have to be such big enemies you know. Garp didn't strike me as overly hostile when he was talking about Dragon.

    ^Me after watching Spirited Away, because I discovered the best movie ever!
    Random but good advice: Play Metal Slug.

  4. #4
    Pilgrim Bob is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    somewhere between Raftel and Whisky Peak
    Posts
    225

    Default

    remember during shanks-WB dialogue, WB mentioned Sengoku, Garp and Roger in the same breath...just like old friends. They are not necessarily friends but I bet they all have mutual respect for each other.

    Yeah, if OP is just a bunch of techs Oda's gonna let us down. Techs for better weapons??? Even Franky can do that.....
    You May Have Seen Me Somewhere

  5. #5
    Tatsuya is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23

    Default

    My thoughts on the end of One piece are:
    1. All of Luffys' crew achieve their dreams
    3. Dragon is the last villian Luffy defeats
    2. One Piece turns out to be the journey with your nakama to the end of the Grand line and the memories they've shared
    4. Luffy meets the same fate as Roger or ends up topling the World Government and frees the people of the World

  6. #6
    ent0r is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    21

    Default

    perhaps it is questionable, whether Luffys Granddad is really realted to im bloodwise.
    Perhaps Graddad adopted "Dragon" after dedeating Gold D rorer ....

  7. #7
    De-man is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2

    Default

    perhaps none of this makes sense...

    if OP was tech to make weapons, wouldn't the world govn't use it to make better weapons to control those trying to find the "true" history or w/e it's called, as well use it to better control and defeat pirates.

    you could say that even the govn't can't get there but i think it's quite possible that they can get there if they tried... no support for this as of yet cuz i dun wanna bother thinking of one.

  8. #8
    kico321 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Just because Roger is dead, doesn't mean that he is still alive with a changed name. The world only thinks of Roger as dead. He could still be alive as a new person. When a person changes their name in a story, they often do it because their old self was killed through some event. The manga doesn't actually show us what happened at Roger's death. In chapter 100 when Luffy and Dragon meet, I remember that at the beginning of the chapter it shows Gold D. Roger as still being alive.
    Also, remember that I think of One piece as simply being an island: opinion. The inhabitants of the island had great technology: fact. I'm suggesting that maybe the original reason the inhabitants died was due to having too much power. No one knew about the island until Roger came. Now the government wants to keep it a secret until they can find the weapons and stay in power.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim Bob View Post
    First of all, did Roger and Roger alone make the journey to find One Piece? What about his crew? Did Shanks? And Buggy? I think this is open to speculation
    That's a very good idea. The crew members don't seem to ever talk about it. The five grand counsel members(don't remember name) said that the red hair never had aspirations to change the world. Maybe by not talking about it, he's been influenced by the government not to say anything.

  9. #9
    Gold690 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    172

    Default

    there is only one problem with the he did not die he changed his name he was executed in front of like 10000 people (ok maybe not so many but still)
    and the only way he should be able to get a new face (so that the marines that he fought would not recognice him) with should be with the mane mane fruit wich bon kurei has so no chance with that

    and if he did not get a new face the people that fought him would recognice him (yeah i am repeting me self i know) even if he does not have his mustache and dragon and roger does not look like each other
    Last edited by Gold690; 12-14-2006 at 06:13 PM.

  10. #10
    Pilgrim Bob is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    somewhere between Raftel and Whisky Peak
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kico321 View Post
    That's a very good idea. The crew members don't seem to ever talk about it. The five grand counsel members(don't remember name) said that the red hair never had aspirations to change the world. Maybe by not talking about it, he's been influenced by the government not to say anything.
    Teh only crews of Oro Jackson that we know of are Buggy and Shanks <<can someone clarify this? - correct me if I am wrong>> . And I highly doubt the fact that Shanks and Buggy were around when Roger found OP. Yes, Shanks and Buggy were still Roger's underlings during his execution I know but somehow I think Shanks and Buggy themselves don't have any idea what OP is all about really.
    You May Have Seen Me Somewhere

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162