Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72
  1. #41
    Somber Juxtapose is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I agree with the high casting costs for high power cards as a balance though. A flipcard idea will be pretty cool for something that needs time to get stronger... but who?

  2. #42
    aallx is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Some island in Grand Line...
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    not bad, but how would crocodile make -1/-1 to all creatures ?
    Basically, it's a sandstorm ability, weakens everyone around if used, makes sense right?

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    for eneru, i really like the idea of a maxima artefact that would by example give +0/+3 in defense, but if worn by eneru add a flying ability, and a +2/+2 in bonus, or something like this
    Yeah, an Eneru-only attachment card, it'll definitely be strong. Now if only I have a photo of the Maxima.

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    but why would eneru have difficulties against all green cards ? as he only fear the rubber man
    It's the closest relation I could get with weakness to rubber without literally using the word rubber. And for balance purposes, since protection from all colors would warrant anything as completely unbeatable.

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    ps : the cards cost too much, and would be unplayable like that.... maybe you should lower their costs a little bit
    Protection from multiple colors is one of the most powerful abilities in magic, and thus warrants high casting costs. Besides, there are many ways to summon a creature of that cost. Don't worry though, I'll make a Devil Fruit card, so that we can instantly summon Devil Fruit users from hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    ps 2 : i fought you wanted to make logia users indestructible ?
    Changed my mind on that one. Take for example Luffy. Shouldn't he be stronger than Eneru? But if you make Eneru indestructible, then there would be no possible way for Luffy to defeat Eneru in a straight fight. By making use of protections, I can make Eneru almost invincible, and yet still prone to attacks from particular weaknesses. I'll probably use it for Mr. 1. Now that guy is definitely indestructible.

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    EDIT : just thought about it, usopp/sogeking should be a double card
    wouldn't it be great ??? a cheap usopp that can turn to sogeking if some conditions (???) are respected
    You mean like a flip card? Or maybe a morphing ability? Well, I've tried messing around with flip cards, I don't have much reference though so I don't really know what to do with them. I'll probably just make a separate Ussop card which has an ability to instantly summon a Sogeking card from the deck, hand, or graveyard, besides other abilities.
    Daijoubu! Saa, mae ni susumou taiyou wo itsumo mune ni...

    Tsunaida te tsutawaru Power negai wo tsukamaeyouyo!
    http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/aallx/

  3. #43
    Cyringohn is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    276

    Default

    You don't really need a Devil Fruit card if you just make some of the legends cheaper. Usopp can be a cheap 1/4 Legend that has a really nasty pinging ability; pingers can get away with being very cost-effective. Luffy is fine with costing that much, since he's green.

    The best way to determine cost is to think about the color of that card. Red cannot afford costy creatures, and White generally deals with weenies. Blue should have average cost, while Green and Black have the high-enders.

    Just because a characters is uber-strong in the story doesn't mean he needs to have extremely good abilities and a high cost. I mean, I'd be scared of Zoro if he was just a 5 drop with 6/4 and Double Strike.


    Edit: Oh, and change Crocodile to "->: Destroy target land." Type-specific land destruction is worthless.

  4. #44
    aallx is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Some island in Grand Line...
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyringohn
    You don't really need a Devil Fruit card if you just make some of the legends cheaper. Usopp can be a cheap 1/4 Legend that has a really nasty pinging ability; pingers can get away with being very cost-effective. Luffy is fine with costing that much, since he's green.
    It's just an optional card anyway. Still, I think Sogeking is very cheap at 6 mana. If put it in my goblin deck, I could summon him in 3 turns. Zoro, in 4 turns. Red and green are known for mana producing afterall, so I don't see the problem with high costs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyringohn
    The best way to determine cost is to think about the color of that card. Red cannot afford costy creatures, and White generally deals with weenies. Blue should have average cost, while Green and Black have the high-enders.

    Just because a characters is uber-strong in the story doesn't mean he needs to have extremely good abilities and a high cost. I mean, I'd be scared of Zoro if he was just a 5 drop with 6/4 and Double Strike.
    Red actually has Beasts in it, most of them costing very high. A Ridgetop Raptor already costs 3R, with only double strike and 2/1. Did you see the comparison? If I make Zoro only 5 to cast, then that means by just adding one mana, I've already gave him an addition 4/3. The Berserk Murlodant, having the ability of gaining +1/+1 for every blocker, and a life of 3/3, already costs 5 mana. Compared to that, Zoro gains whether he is blocking or blocked, and with double strike to top it off. And then the ability to block any number of creatures, it's actually very rare and costly. And still, I insist on it for Zoro, because time and again, he has proven that he can block any number of attackers. With all that said, Zoro, at 7 to cast, is actually very cheap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyringhorn
    Edit: Oh, and change Crocodile to "->: Destroy target land." Type-specific land destruction is worthless.
    I've actually used island to put emphasis on the fact that he can absorb water. Besides, if an enemy doesn't have any blue source, then there's no way they can beat Crocodile, right? The only reason that he has high mana costs is because of, once again, the multiple protection ability. Seriously, it's way too cheap. Try fighting with someone who uses multiple protections and you'll know what I mean.
    Last edited by aallx; 09-27-2006 at 05:44 AM.
    Daijoubu! Saa, mae ni susumou taiyou wo itsumo mune ni...

    Tsunaida te tsutawaru Power negai wo tsukamaeyouyo!
    http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/aallx/

  5. #45
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aallx
    Changed my mind on that one. Take for example Luffy. Shouldn't he be stronger than Eneru? But if you make Eneru indestructible, then there would be no possible way for Luffy to defeat Eneru in a straight fight. By making use of protections, I can make Eneru almost invincible, and yet still prone to attacks from particular weaknesses. I'll probably use it for Mr. 1. Now that guy is definitely indestructible.
    eneru could be undestructible and yet have something that says he can't harm luffy and take -5/-5 if hit by him....

    Quote Originally Posted by aallx
    You mean like a flip card? Or maybe a morphing ability? Well, I've tried messing around with flip cards, I don't have much reference though so I don't really know what to do with them. I'll probably just make a separate Ussop card which has an ability to instantly summon a Sogeking card from the deck, hand, or graveyard, besides other abilities.
    a card like that :
    http://www.magiccorporation.com/cart...ant_10860.html
    http://www.magiccorporation.com/cart...ant_10768.html
    http://www.magiccorporation.com/cart...ant_10816.html
    http://www.magiccorporation.com/cart...ant_10790.html
    http://www.magiccorporation.com/cart...ant_10864.html


    ps : maybe the pirates shouldn't have a general "pirate" type, but instead the name of their crew... that would allow you to make a card that boost the SH if they are all in play, by example (a little bit like binding)
    that would also "force" the player to make a deck according to one (or two) particular crew(s), instead of picking the most powerful per cost creatures out there

  6. #46
    aallx is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Some island in Grand Line...
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    eneru could be undestructible and yet have something that says he can't harm luffy and take -5/-5 if hit by him....
    you mean something like this?
    <abilities>
    Indestructible(blah, blah, blah, yada...)
    Whenever Eneru is blocked by or blocks Luffy, prevent all combat damage dealt by Eneru. Eneru gets -0/-X until end of turn, where X is the power of Luffy.
    Whenever Eneru attacks, deal 5 damage to target creature or player.
    WWW: Untap Eneru.
    RRR, T: Destroy target permanent other than Luffy.
    </abilities>
    I'd advise against this, since it'd make Eneru way too cheap when placed in other decks, but if you insist on it, then I can make you a copy with the said abilities on it.


    Thanks ^^


    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    ps : maybe the pirates shouldn't have a general "pirate" type, but instead the name of their crew... that would allow you to make a card that boost the SH if they are all in play, by example (a little bit like binding)
    that would also "force" the player to make a deck according to one (or two) particular crew(s), instead of picking the most powerful per cost creatures out there
    You mean like, "Legendary Creature - Pirate Strawhat Paramecia"? Or just "Legendary Creature - Strawhat Paramecia"?



    ______________________



    Btw, if there's any particular card that anyone out there doesn't like, you can just ask for a copy with the particular ability and cost that you want, and I'll post it for you... starting only now.
    Last edited by aallx; 09-27-2006 at 06:12 AM.
    Daijoubu! Saa, mae ni susumou taiyou wo itsumo mune ni...

    Tsunaida te tsutawaru Power negai wo tsukamaeyouyo!
    http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/aallx/

  7. #47
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    for eneru i wouldn't make -0/-X until end of turn, because unless he is killed in one time that would be too powerful.... i would put a -0/-X counter on him
    if eneru is not indestructible i would make him protected from all colour though => it's not that powerful given the prize of the card and the existance of seastone artefacts and enchantments (if you make some)

    Strawhat Paramecia would be enough, as SH arn't real pirates...
    but if you use this method and extend it to every pirate crew it may be better to let the "pirate" type in it too

  8. #48
    aallx is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Some island in Grand Line...
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    for eneru i wouldn't make -0/-X until end of turn, because unless he is killed in one time that would be too powerful.... i would put a -0/-X counter on him
    if eneru is not indestructible i would make him protected from all colour though => it's not that powerful given the prize of the card and the existance of seastone artefacts and enchantments (if you make some)
    I assure you, if he would fight Luffy, he would die in one attack.

    So how would you like the card? Give the specific mana cost, creature type, abilities, and stats and I'll do it now.
    Daijoubu! Saa, mae ni susumou taiyou wo itsumo mune ni...

    Tsunaida te tsutawaru Power negai wo tsukamaeyouyo!
    http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/aallx/

  9. #49
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    he wouldn't if he wears an armor

    i would like if he costs 1 "no color", 2 islands, 2 mountains and 2 plains
    protection from all colors
    can block flying creatures
    haste, vigilance

    BBR : eneru deals 4 damage to a creature (thunder ball)
    1RR : destroy target mana source

    3/2

    and for the ambiance text : it's barbecue time !! =3

    or something like this
    Last edited by shautieh; 09-27-2006 at 06:54 AM.

  10. #50
    aallx is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Some island in Grand Line...
    Posts
    513

    Default

    I see...

    One card of the Gods of the Highest Power coming right up ^^

    edit:
    Last edited by aallx; 09-27-2006 at 07:23 AM.
    Daijoubu! Saa, mae ni susumou taiyou wo itsumo mune ni...

    Tsunaida te tsutawaru Power negai wo tsukamaeyouyo!
    http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/aallx/

 

 
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79