Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    kidistight is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Hmmm, the quality of the posts has CERTAINLY gone up with this chapter. People are writing paragraphs about the chapter as opposed to the one liner's in the past. Sigh I guess I need to formulate my posting's from now on as well.

    As great as the extra hands are for Naruto, really is that all. I mean the hands are just extensions of him they pose no other value except to prevent him from doing a kage bushin chain to jump off of. Why stay in the nine tails cloak as someone said just to move from one location to another, why burn that much chakra just to travel. Hone in on the enemies location and change as you approach to just make sure they didn't move from your initial estimation. Why not explore just how powerful you are in this new form, one thing I certainly miss about Dragonball Z. When Gohan when SSJ2 he used the opportunity to test out and flaunt his power. True this might not be the best time for Naruto to try and come up with new moves since this is a war, but honestly this war will lead him right into a head on collision with Sasuke. In the past speed wasn't enough to handle Sasuke, and your new found power has drawbacks that will only be exaggerated in all your upcoming battles since you are wasting chakra. How can Naruto acquire this goldmine only mine two little pieces of gold and then cave in the opening. Explore what your new found abilities are and put more faith in your friends abilities to fight for themselves. Sigh I must just be ranting now.
    "I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them. "

    MasterShake

    Aqua Team Hunger Force

  2. #22
    SamDaPsy is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Warp
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krazykwasi View Post
    As Naruto is right now he does not have any type of regenerative techs.... however when he gathers Nature Chakra does he not revitalize his regular chakra as well?
    I was under the impression that it does, but maybe that boost is offset by using the Sage Arts and said Nature Chakra. Recall how exhausted he was once he was forced out of SM or when he ended it on his own. However, I believe that was a result of using your body as a battery of Nature Chakra as opposed to continuously channeling it, something he couldn't given the fox's disposition towards the Nii Dai Sennin (Did I get that right?) combo.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJaggid View Post
    Madara already has ninetails chakra, so it's entirely possible for him to try reviving the ten-tails using just that and have an underpowered version of it as the final boss. Wasn't that a favorite theory around here? That Naruto and company would fight an under-powered ten-tails?
    I'm still a fan of this theory, but I can't overlook the possibility of him losing the fox, towards the very end if anything.

    As for the critique towards the Fox Cloak, I happen to be very satisfied with it so far. It's easy to tell that there are still more uses for it to be shown to us, yet already we've seen more innovation with the use of rasengans in mere months than has been shown in the X years it was first introduced.
    The only true innovation to that technique, imho, has been the addition of the Fuuton element, thereby granting it some blade character, but otherwise, it's still, essentially, the same thing. Like I said, I don't necessarily hate it and I do applaud his innovative flexibility with it, but I just don't appreciate that it took the Fox Cloak to bring out all the variety.


    We've only seen Gai do that.
    That's not entirely true. We've seen a whole sleuth of characters use some incredible strength without the requisite of a special technique or blood limit. These include Itachi, Sasuke, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Peins paths among others (sorry for not being able to site them all, but you're welcome to look into it) as well as Danzo, the Third, and Chiyo, all three of which are -aged-. Danzo maybe the only exception given that the First's cells in his body might have attenuated his strength. Ditto on the Pein Paths because we've seen strengthened zombies, which is why I wouldn't necessarily include the Second, here.

    Remember the explanation given right after that happened: Naruto still needed more practice in order to control it. Naruto had someone teach him all the ins and outs of Sage Mode, but not for the Cloak. Hell, he didn't even leave practice until he had fully MASTERED Sage Mode.
    The regenerative effects of Sage Mode were apparent from the get-go when he fell from the tip of the rock formation and managed to stand back up again without so much as a scratch. Additionally, the explanation Yamato gave was to address the discrepancy between the force he applied and the speed he used, both of which got him stuck in the wall. But I agree that he definitely had more time to master the ins and outs of Sage Mode as opposed to the Fox Cloak and that he's improvising rather well, considering.

    I don't see whats wrong with that at all. The Zetsu fodder was an excellent place to show that Naruto was advancing his techniques, while the Raikage encounter was perfect for showing off his speed. What better way to show that Naruto was now the fastest Ninja in the world than by outpacing the last fastest? Besides, remember that Naruto didn't truly beat the Raikage in speed until the end of their encounter, and remember that he needed the Raikage there in order for someone who had faced Minato in the past to be able to make that 'Flash' comparison between him and Naruto.
    Nothing wrong with it at all! I'm just contesting the dimensions of his approach. I get that this is a manga and that certain things need to be shown in a step-wise manner, but even the simplicity of his techniques can be given complexity when properly coupled. Seeing the new Rasengans in action was awesome, but why not couple them with the boost to speed? The kuchiyose was a nice touch, I'll admit. Something along those lines.

    I both disagree and agree here. I'm still not tired of the Rasengan. I know a lot of people are, and I can understand why (especially with Sasuke getting handed technique after technique), but I'm honesly more happy with it now that ever before. I love all the variations that can be done with it that Naruto has shown. The planet one and the horrifying Tornado technique rank among my 10 or so favorite jutsus/moves in the series. I mean, using the propulsion from multiple rasengans to send an enemy flying further? C'mon, that's cool!
    No argument, there.

    But I also would love Naruto to get some new jutsus... the thing is I can't see what he can possibly learn. A ranged technique? He already has an S-ranked Rasenshuriken he can throw practically at will (and that explodes!), and he was the speed to easily close the distance between himself and almost any opponent. Genjutsu? He sucks at it. Taijutsu? Yeah, I would love to see him use those claws to tear people to shreds, like they were meant to!! Ahh, if only Naruto (the manga) were seinen... this war would have been so much better.
    There's the pipe-dream that Kwasi mentioned.

    Lets hope the upcoming wind technique shows off some flair!
    [DX] Proud compatriot of the DX Brigade [DX]


  3. #23
    krazykwasi is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx babay!!!
    Posts
    3,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidistight View Post
    Hmmm, the quality of the posts has CERTAINLY gone up with this chapter. People are writing paragraphs about the chapter as opposed to the one liner's in the past. Sigh I guess I need to formulate my posting's from now on as well.

    As great as the extra hands are for Naruto, really is that all. I mean the hands are just extensions of him they pose no other value except to prevent him from doing a kage bushin chain to jump off of. Why not explore just how powerful you are in this new form, one thing I certainly miss about Dragonball Z. When Gohan when SSJ2 he used the opportunity to test out and flaunt his power. True this might not be the best time for Naruto to try and come up with new moves since this is a war, but honestly this war will lead him right into a head on collision with Sasuke. In the past speed wasn't enough to handle Sasuke, and your new found power has drawbacks that will only be exaggerated in all your upcoming battles since you are wasting chakra. How can Naruto acquire this goldmine only mine two little pieces of gold and then cave in the opening. Explore what your new found abilities are and put more faith in your friends abilities to fight for themselves. Sigh I must just be ranting now.
    You somewhat contradict yourself here kid. First you start off by saying how the only value his cloak arm control brings is to negate him having to use numerous clones for evasive purposes but then you say, unlike Gohan, he hasn't been shown flaunting or testing the limitations of his new power. I found your statement extremely discombobulating because not only has he shown way more dexterity and use with his hands, than you give credit for, but he has also been shown to be very much experimental with that control and power on a fly at every opportunity we've seen him this far. This argument can be further proven by the same point Jaggid presented earlier that unlike Sage Mode Naruto has had NO time to actually practice with that form besides learning about the arms and trying to perfect the Kyuubi Chakra Tail Beast Bomb Rasengan, so all of his rasengan variations thus far have been 100% improv due to his knowledge and understanding of how his base rasengan works. I know its always Rasengan Rasengan Rasengan with this guy but you gotta admit this and of course this shit were cool, on the fly, flaunty attacks.

    Lord have mercy I also forgot about this brilliant one.

    I agree with you that speed alone is not enough to handle sasuke, it will be enough to damn near negate Amatersu though as he cant burn what he cant aim for, but blunt power would be the deciding factor as even raikage was able to power chop through Susanno's rib defense. Sasuke's Susanno doesn't have the mirror shield like Itachi's which wouldn't make it anywhere as invincible so it'll be up to Naruto to bash his way through it (at least that'll have to be Naruto's strategy against him and Susanno).

    And it guess we've all started thinking about our comments since Sasuke's back kid, lmao. We all need to realistically pool our thoughts to see what Naruto has to work with because we very well know sasuke's bringing sexy, and hax eye chakra, back. In the words of Martin Lawrence in Bad Boys "Shit Just got Real".

    "He is now declaring his words to the WORLD!"

  4. #24
    BlueDemon is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    @ SamDaPsy: Itach & Sasuke? Incredible strength? When? (Iīve really forgotten if there were instances where they had such feats...)

    About Amaterasu: I wonder if Narutoīs cloak can somehow block it? I mean, only the cloak gets set on fire, and then Naruto just "turns it off" or something

  5. #25
    SamDaPsy is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Warp
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
    @ SamDaPsy: Itach & Sasuke? Incredible strength? When? (Iīve really forgotten if there were instances where they had such feats...)
    Incredible may be an overstatement considering the definition of 'superhuman' in this manga as it relates to shinobi resilience, but bear in mind Itachi's encounter with Kakashi at the conclusion of the invasion arc as well as his recent battle against Naruto. The latter, however, may be dismissed because we don't know enough about Edo Tensei's augmentation of strength and Naruto probably wasn't serious considering they were trying to have a conversation.

    As for Sasuke, ditto on the resilience, though my first implication involved subduing that sea of chunin earlier on. I'm reminded, now of the paralytic effect of his chidori, so strike that one out.

    About Amaterasu: I wonder if Narutoīs cloak can somehow block it? I mean, only the cloak gets set on fire, and then Naruto just "turns it off" or something
    As Kwasi mentioned, his speed will be the foil to that technique. If the Cloak had any sort of ability to negate those flames, then we would've likely seen the effect manifest when he hit Bee with it. Then again, who knows. The Fox Cloak version is a bit of a wild card, at the moment.

    The next question is what will he do against Tsukiyomi? Unless he reconciles his differences with the Kyuubi on a deeper level, I doubt he's got anything else in his arsenal.
    [DX] Proud compatriot of the DX Brigade [DX]


  6. #26
    hellfire86 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Something i wonder about is Naruto's use of sage mode now. He was restricted before because of Kyubi's presence and chakra. But now that kyubi's chakra is fully under control. It could be why he can enter saga mode so quickly now. Since kyubi can't interfere in his chakra gathering. As such however. THis also means Kyubi's chakra is no longer freely flowing into Naruto.
    Which for me also begs the question. Does he still heal as he once did and can using kyubi's chakra by himself heal his body?

  7. #27
    TheJaggid is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    your computer screen
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Right! It was "Vacuum", not Tornado. I love that shit! He just grabbed them and threw them right in.

    That's not entirely true. We've seen a whole sleuth of characters use some incredible strength without the requisite of a special technique or blood limit. These include Itachi, Sasuke, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Peins paths among others (sorry for not being able to site them all, but you're welcome to look into it) as well as Danzo, the Third, and Chiyo, all three of which are -aged-. Danzo maybe the only exception given that the First's cells in his body might have attenuated his strength. Ditto on the Pein Paths because we've seen strengthened zombies, which is why I wouldn't necessarily include the Second, here.
    I was responding to your "similarly forceful strikes simply because they can" comment, which I considered mostly wrong, and which you pretty much already responded to. In the series, only Gai and (which I admittedly forgot for a second) the Raikage were able to swing simple, quick, decisive, devastating attacks like it was nothing. Everyone else, as far as my memory can tell, had to either set something up first or reach deep into themselves and unleash some uber, flashy attack that had some sort of drawback.

    Also, I don't remember seeing any regenerative aspects to Sage Mode. The reason why Naruto survived the fall into the spikes wasn't because he was impaled and them suddenly okay the next second. His defense was so high that he ended up crushing the spikes he fell into.

    May those who accept their fate be granted happiness; to those who defy it, glory.

  8. #28
    BlueDemon is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJaggid View Post
    I was responding to your "similarly forceful strikes simply because they can" comment, which I considered mostly wrong, and which you pretty much already responded to. In the series, only Gai and (which I admittedly forgot for a second) the Raikage were able to swing simple, quick, decisive, devastating attacks like it was nothing. Everyone else, as far as my memory can tell, had to either set something up first or reach deep into themselves and unleash some uber, flashy attack that had some sort of drawback.

    Also, I don't remember seeing any regenerative aspects to Sage Mode. The reason why Naruto survived the fall into the spikes wasn't because he was impaled and them suddenly okay the next second. His defense was so high that he ended up crushing the spikes he fell into.
    Yeah, those are the users of superstrenght by my understanding! And Tsunade and Sakura of course
    And Naruto in Sage Mode (I mean, come on, throwing an ueber Rhino over the battlefield?).

  9. #29
    krazykwasi is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx babay!!!
    Posts
    3,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJaggid View Post
    The reason why Naruto survived the fall into the spikes wasn't because he was impaled and them suddenly okay the next second. His defense was so high that he ended up crushing the spikes he fell into.
    Which is true but here's the thing with that (which leads back to the discussion on previous pages about the pros and cons of naruto's SM and KM). When Naruto fell its was because he has JUST attained the Sage Mode for the first time then a bird landed on his shoulder making him lose his balance. Even though he fell from such a great height on the spike his defense was sooo high he was unharmed, that was Kishi's first display of the defensive prowess of SM (Naruto didn't even have to think "defense" when he fell, his Sage Chakra Auro is just an ever present entity which makes him naturally resilient). Now when Naruto just attained KM and pounced on Kisame it was his first time going at that speed so due to his inexperience he landed wrong which messed up his ankle, because Kishi wanted to use that instance to emphasize Naruto's immense speed, but by doing so doesn't he also point out the significant lack of defensive resilience Naruto has in that form vs SM?
    Last edited by krazykwasi; 09-03-2011 at 07:51 AM.

    "He is now declaring his words to the WORLD!"

  10. #30
    BlueDemon is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    ^ I see your point there, but perhaps that was just some kind of artistic freedom? Or itīs true that he just isnīt as resilient in that mode...

    Thatīs why a hybrid of the 2 modes would be just perfect ;D

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79