Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    hawkules is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Movie definitely a solid C+. Seems like Kishi is getting better at this movie business. Leave hope for a good one next year. All the points you guys made were accurate. Well except for Danzo who actually seem to like the movie, but dissected every aspect of it to where it sounds like he didn't like the movie but what can you say.

    My personal favorite part was Shino saying "Do you really think I am that weak?" CLASSIC!!!! Hope next year is even better.

  2. #12
    danzo is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    363

    Default

    yeah, I didn't say I liked it, I said it wasn't bad for a naruto movie (which are usually horrendous).

    I understand how limited a movie writer has to be when he can't deviate or change much of the established facts in the manga, but still, it was annoying how everything was so contrived. I felt more things were rehashed in this one than even the previous movies. Quite unoriginal story elements. But I did like the art and some of the battles involving the secondary characters, Lee and Neji's team up for example. Naruto's 1000 throwaway kage bunshins are getting extremely tiresome though, learn a new move jackass.
    Last edited by danzo; 04-23-2010 at 11:49 AM.

  3. #13
    The Witcher is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    You should direct that complaint straight to the source i.e. Kishimoto. The fillers have to stay consistent with the regular manga. Otherwise we'll have a situation where people whine about filler jutsus that don't show up in canon arcs like Hinata's Shugo Hakke move and Naruto's one-handed Rasengan from Kizuna. Some people just can't be pleased.
    I'M NO HERO, BELIEVE IT!

  4. #14
    hellfire86 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Overall i rather liked it. a step above the usual movies. One think to note about the homo scene at the end. I think i am more disturbed by lee saying it's actually part of the springtime of youth? so does that mean Gai raped Lee?

  5. #15
    Luphrecio is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellfire86 View Post
    Overall i rather liked it. a step above the usual movies. One think to note about the homo scene at the end. I think i am more disturbed by lee saying it's actually part of the springtime of youth? so does that mean Gai raped Lee?
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

    I almost fell out of my chair at this

    Yeah I really loved the movie...well just the fights, the fight against gaara was awesome!

    and I liked the rasen shuriken thing at the end too, to yazen: he couldn't absorb the technique because when the rasengan is fused with the wind chakra its actually like millions upon millions of spinning wind chakra needles etc etc . . . the guy tried to absorb it but all he got was the needles hurting him. . .

    Figured you would have gotten that.

    the action is what the manga SHOULD be like. . .Naruto being awesome and the rest of the new generation doing some cool sht too.

    and little to no mention of sasuke! oh man that was awesome!!!

    I remember the last movie with sasuke blew donkey balls
    http://cha30.mybrute.com <-- Try To Fight me, Biatch!

  6. #16
    danzo is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Oh yeah, just like Pain couldn't absorb the chakra from rasenshuriken, right?

    Oh wait, he did, twice!..

  7. #17
    artix123 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I felt that the non-action scenes makes everyone look very soft-spoken (except Naruto, of course).

    The fourth Kekkei Genkai Hiruko has is also.. meh. Like the other parts though.

  8. #18
    Luphrecio is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post
    Oh yeah, just like Pain couldn't absorb the chakra from rasenshuriken, right?

    Oh wait, he did, twice!..
    Good point..but pain had the six realms and the rinnegan. . .

    somone like that saying they can absorb any thing means a lot more than some no name ninja who used orochimaru type experiments to make himself *absorb* any attack

    Hiruko=/=Pain
    http://cha30.mybrute.com <-- Try To Fight me, Biatch!

  9. #19
    The Witcher is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    I have mixed feelings about this movie. On one hand the story is pretty decent on its own and a step above the average filler arc. The fights were great, too, though Naruto's Kagebunshin-and-Rasengan spamming got old fast. And I was glad to see the other Konoha rookies shine instead of just standing on the sidelines cheering Naruto. Tenten got an S-rank technique of her own, while Hinata made use of the technique she created in the Bikucho filler arc(nice continuity there).

    But on the other hand many aspects of the story just weren't consistent with the ninja world as we know it from the series. It felt like an alternate universe fanfic. For instance

    a)The political strife between Konoha and everyone else was never properly explained. Why the hell would they declare war on the Leaf just because they were having trouble with one of their missing nins? Especially Gaara, who really should know better?

    b)The Fire Country Daimyo somehow got replaced. Both his voice and personality were different from what we're going to see in the anime. Instead of the weak-kneed, easily swayed moron we got some strict fellow who was nevertheless even more stupid. Wouldn't destroying Konoha only make the other countries even more willing to invade(since he would have no ninja force of his own?)

    c)The villain was like a poor man's Orochimaru. I'm surprise no one noticed the similarity given his obsession with improving his body and his wierd Sasuke-like relationship with Kakashi. Though Hiruko's plan didn't make much sense(how could having five bloodlines, four of them created only for the movie, make one a perfect being?) and I have trouble accepting that Konoha could give rise to two nutjobs who were obsessed with bloodline limits and human experiments without their paths ever overlapping.
    I'M NO HERO, BELIEVE IT!

  10. #20
    Luphrecio is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Witcher View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this movie. On one hand the story is pretty decent on its own and a step above the average filler arc. The fights were great, too, though Naruto's Kagebunshin-and-Rasengan spamming got old fast. And I was glad to see the other Konoha rookies shine instead of just standing on the sidelines cheering Naruto. Tenten got an S-rank technique of her own, while Hinata made use of the technique she created in the Bikucho filler arc(nice continuity there).

    But on the other hand many aspects of the story just weren't consistent with the ninja world as we know it from the series. It felt like an alternate universe fanfic. For instance

    a)The political strife between Konoha and everyone else was never properly explained. Why the hell would they declare war on the Leaf just because they were having trouble with one of their missing nins? Especially Gaara, who really should know better?

    b)The Fire Country Daimyo somehow got replaced. Both his voice and personality were different from what we're going to see in the anime. Instead of the weak-kneed, easily swayed moron we got some strict fellow who was nevertheless even more stupid. Wouldn't destroying Konoha only make the other countries even more willing to invade(since he would have no ninja force of his own?)

    c)The villain was like a poor man's Orochimaru. I'm surprise no one noticed the similarity given his obsession with improving his body and his wierd Sasuke-like relationship with Kakashi. Though Hiruko's plan didn't make much sense(how could having five bloodlines, four of them created only for the movie, make one a perfect being?) and I have trouble accepting that Konoha could give rise to two nutjobs who were obsessed with bloodline limits and human experiments without their paths ever overlapping.
    a)yeah I agreed with you there, I just assumed that since Hiruko was from konoha the sand nation would blame them, especially since the kazekage got ambushed on the way or something...I dunno, that was all the sense I could have made...which is very little, but since the fights were awesome, I ...overlooked that part haha. . .oh also before he got ambuhsed, he was supposed to meet tsunade somewhere to help her. . for what I dunno, that aspect made all kinds of NO sense lol so i just ignored it, Jiraiya showing up was cool even if there was really no reason to do so...

    b) yeah I laughed at that part, like yeeeah, you're going to disband your own military
    his thinking was oh this hiruko guy is you trying to stage a coup or something-.- its like why the hell would she (tsunade)even be in your office dude? and konoha IS his military force, whats he gonna destroy it with? those eight (now 6) guard force dudes? against all of konoha? ...riiiight. although I did like the office that guy had, pretty bad ass imo, but yeah that scene other than that didnt make any sense

    c) I noticed (in my last post) just didnt dwell on it a lot, he had some cool eye candy moves, I ddint really give a crap who he was, It also didnt explain how Hiruko and kakashi were *friends* it was like *...oh right, I saw you in the forest and I became gay for your hot shota ass so I put this mark on you to force you come over to my place for surprise buttseks when you come of age*
    but yeah, just think of it as an alternate universe, where the rest of the rookies actaully do stuff, Naruto has good fights, and sasuke isnt the main focus of the movie GOD thank you for that! oh and there isnt some whiny brat kid Naruto has to *Change* for the better ugh...

    d) Sakura is STILL annoying though-.- that chanlarou what the fuck ever thing she says when she attacks is annoying as hell, its like if Naruto said DAAATEEEBAAYOOU every time he threw a punch and she STILL got BEAT the fuck down a few times, I was laughing and cheering at the same time.

    so yeah, movie was good eye candy, less annoying brats, no sasuke, nice naruto vs gaara round II fight I just ignored the parts that made no sense our just laughed them off lol e.g to enjoy this your suspension of belief meter needs to be at 11.5 out of 10 >.> but other than that I liked it.

    p.s. for a second there, I thought they were gonna have Naruto fight all the rookies by himself. . .that would have been awesome!
    http://cha30.mybrute.com <-- Try To Fight me, Biatch!

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79