Kishi made that comment in the middle of the Year of Sasuke, and the year with Kakashi and Sakura was supposed to be this year. Just clarifying.
Sasuke being the final villain isn't confirmed, just that his fight with Naruto will be in the manga's last stage. What bothers me is how he's getting a far more panel time than he deserves just because of Kishi's obsession on making everything about the Uchiha feud.
And as we've seen since the Pain arc Kishi's writing tends to derail Naruto's character whenever he's not involved a big fight. You can see the big picture about his nature and all, but most readers will only be disgusted with seeing him degrading himself chapter after chapter after chapter. Sympathy only goes so far, and at least Sasuke pursues his goals with conviction.
Last edited by The Witcher; 12-23-2009 at 02:42 AM.
I'M NO HERO, BELIEVE IT!
Its settled, Kishi needs to create more top tier fodder villians for naruto to figght in the name of "Virtue and Justice". Having Ssuke fight constantly for his own selfish reasons is granted but kishi could equally parallel them by having naruto fight murderous creeps for Justice and Peace in the mean time. Something, other than crying, to keep naruto occupied. Hopefully the result of his latest cry fest. results in him talking to Kyuubi.
"He is now declaring his words to the WORLD!"
The problem is Kishimoto seems to insist on killing off all the important villains who Naruto would normally be fighting. Sasuke on the other hand is just angry at the world in general and will fight anyone who looks at him wrong or who crosses his path so basically anyone is game for him to fight. The only people who I can really see Naruto fighting at this point are, Kabutomaru, Killerbee, Zetsu and eventually Sasuke. For awhile I thought that Kisame would be a good opponent for him but now even he is dead. Now I think that there is a good chance of Naruto fighting Killerbee as part of his training. I doubt he will fight Kabutomaru, even though it would be interesting to see the successor of Orochimaru and the successor of Jiraiya in combat.
Originally Posted by krazykwasi
One possibility is that Naruto might have to go up against some of the bijuu since Madara seems intent on unleashing them upon the world soon. I think that once again there is going to be a training arch for Naruto though (I am just hoping it will be an interesting one). Naruto still needs to grow in a lot of ways before he can take on a healthy Madara, he is uniquely equipped to deal with the sharingan in some ways but he doesn't have the unique skill set that Minato mentioned and he doesn't know how to control the 9-tails. I think that will come through training with Killerbee, learning from the scroll frog Jiraiya left and perhaps learning about the power Itachi gave him. I think that all of those things could involve some very interesting story developement on Naruto's end. I could also see him hafting to fight Killerbee to earn his respect, I really don't see Killerbee as the type who is going to just tech him based on some request. That could be a very cool battle.
I like the idea of Naruto fighting other Bijuu. That could be Bee's method of training him in Bijuu powers.
I'M NO HERO, BELIEVE IT!
So what we're getting in the future according to the Jump Festa interviews:
-Kakashi will take a more central role, along with Sakura, only not as much.
-Sakura will look more heroic (Kishimoto was surprised that people considered Hinata to be more likable in this aspect)
- Naruto will get yet another training arc
- Shikamaru's love life won't be covered by Kishimoto (we won't be seeing Temari/Shikamaru then, maybe at then ed of the story)
- But since Shikamaru is, according to Kishimoto, the only one to take action and responsibility, he will become Naruto's bro.
- Danzou's fight will decide a major turn in Sasuke's role in the story.
- Something will happen to Team Hawk (Implied that it will be a bad thing, maybe character deaths)
- Sasuke and Naruto will be the last fight in the series but like Witcher said, that doesn't even begin to confirm to he'll be the last villain. It would be downright retarded if he was.
Good summary, Deathbringer.
What I think is likely for the next year:
- Kakashi taking some position of authority and making decisions about Sasuke and Madara. If Tsunade wakes up he'll be joining the hunt for Sasuke along with Sakura and the other youngsters.
- They confront Team Hawk and get defeated but a member of Hawk dies.(Probably Karin. Her without-limits healing powers need consequences.)
- Disagreements rise in Hawk about Sasuke's methods and they disband.(Let's face it, they never had a good reason to follow Sasuke anyway. Now Samehada is beyond Suigetsu's reach and Juugo probably doesn't want to follow a path of genocide, so why stay with Sasuke?)
- Sasuke doesn't care because he's feeling power-drunk and thinks Mangekyo is enough.
- Kakashi may die at Madara's hands. May have some horrible reveal about Madara and/or Obito.
- Through all this, Naruto mopes at Konoha, gets encouragement from Shikamaru and goes on a training arc with Killer Bee.
What I fear will happen:
- Whatever Naruto learns in the training arc will be nerfed into uselessness after one fight, bringing back the status quo of a guy with nothing other than Rasengan being hyped as Kage-level. Countless apologists here and elsewhere will praise Kishimoto for this deed and copy-paste wierd old arguments about how Naruto will be overpowered even among ninjas like Madara, Sasuke and Bee if he was ever allowed to retain anything he learned and blindly accuse me of pointless hating when I bring up the issue.
I'M NO HERO, BELIEVE IT!
Tags for this Thread