From the conversation, could not conclude whether (Kakashi) is still alive and (the reader) has to read to the end to find out if Kakashi is dead or alive.
Kishimoto san makes it sound like Kakashi is still alive.
He also expressed his sympathy over Jiraiya's death. But he (Jiraiya) probably might turn into Pain.
The conversation moved from the recent mounting character deaths to "you can't tell until you read to the end".
Well, that's true. He made it clear for Jiraiya's case.
I'm sad about the part which he said he couldn't draw one part of the Naruto manga.
I wanted to see the pictures of those stuff he couldn't draw.
Nothing particular about Sasuke. There were loads of topics about the 10th anniversary for this year.
He made a comment about the scene showing the incredible Kage Bunshin technique against Kimimaro, being a pain to draw. That sounds like Kishimoto san had strained his back too much. But that's just the thing that makes Kishimoto san great. (Reflects also) his humility/simplicity.
- Kakashi's death is not being addressed clearly. What will happen is not known. Hence it's better to read till the end.
- Jiraiya had drawn the conclusion for himself. This can be seen in Vol 42's front cover. Though it's called "death", it was mentioned in a less direct manner.
- "Why was Jiraiya killed?" <bitter smile>, "He was such a good character." <bitter smile>
- "You've been killing too many characters lately." <laughs>
- The time when Kishimoto drew in the most diligent Kishimoto-style was during Naruto vs Kimimaro. The reason being, the Kagebunshin scene was a huge task to draw. However, (that scene) didn't seem quite well-received according to the popularity voting results.
- He likes to draw all kinds of frogs. He won't be drawing one part of Naruto. Snake scales is troublesome (to draw).
- Shueisha and various companies have plans for the 10th Anniversary. Kishimoto is very inspired thus to draw better so it can be expected that the manga will get more interesting
- "I've no intention to continue this (series) over a long period of time" <laughs> Well, though this is said every year, right now is the best part of the story which I want to bring forth. Do stay tune with the series till the end."
Who are the best supporting characters from Konoha!?
1 Hatake Kakashi
5 Uchiha Itachi
6 Uchiha Madara
7 Asuma.Shikamaru (chocy: I think it's a tie)
9 Gaara (chocy: the title mentioned Konoha though...)
10 Umino Iruka
When Asuma's child (his child's gender has not been decided) is born, will Shikamaru play an active role in bringing him/her up?
he's thinking of making Asuma & Kurenai's child a she, but he's not sure. apparently he's not even sure if there would be a kid
Will Tsunade's original wrinkly appearance be revealed when she deals with Pain?
Something about being reluctant to draw Tsunade's original appearance.
he used to write Tsunade's lines in circle dialogue box-thingies but after hearing the person doing her voice, he started making them pointy boxes
Tsunade loves sake, but she's drinking less cause Naruto is a shonen and they asked him to stop. even with the cover pic, he drew her drinking sake at first but they made him change it. cigarettes are a no-no too
I think because next year is the 10th anniversary that is why they seem to be doing everything and anything.
Iruka was only in 10th place for misc character ranking, so he was surprised. thought iruka would be more popular
he was surprised yamato was in, cuz he didn't expect to see him make it into the rankings
oh, Kishimoto liked him (yamato) but the anime staff had asked him "this character looks boring, but is he gonna be important in the story?" (cuz if it's an important character, they'd hire a good person to do his voice)
Kishi thanked the crowd for supporting Naruto all these years.