Foul Play in Itachi's death: new details & specs
I spend about an hour writing up this thread yesterday, but then firefox crashed on me and ST's downtime yesterday prevented the session restore from restoring my text, so here's the abbreviated version of what I planned to say.
There has been some speculating going on around the forum that Itachi's unusually weak fighting and death were a result of outside forces. This statement is just speculation on it's own, even when considering how quickly Itachi's eyes deteriorated and his noticeably weaker fighting from before.
But, if you look at the last 50 chapters again, a lot of suspicious actions have occurred to support this idea. Why haven't we noticed them then? Because we were all too busy focusing on the big revelations and actions to notice them, including the revealing of Pain and Madara, Jiraiya going for his final fight, revealing Naruto's ancestry and his seal, and the fighting among Akatsuki and Team Sasuke just to name a few.
So, here are my full findings: (You can ignore this section and go directly down to the summary if you want. This is just my evidence for what I say there.)
-Pain lies to Itachi and confirms Sasuke's "death" after the Deidara fight, perhaps on order by Tobi/Madara (p8).
-Tobi declares Sasuke's superiority with the sharingan when compared to Itachi (p17).
--> Lying to Itachi suggests they are either using him as bait for Sasuke or trying to take Itachi out. In either case, it's apparent Pain/Akatsuki/Madara aren't working in or with Itachi's interests and may have a volatile relationship with him.
-Tobi then commands Pain to take out Naruto.
--> Naruto was initially assigned to Itachi. The fact that Pain replaced him in the assignment means that they either didn't trust Itachi to complete the mission or didn't expect him to be able to (read: they expect him to betray or die).
-Itachi reveals awareness of Pain's lie (scene in the rain).
- Naruto surprisingly finds Itachi walking in the woods, acting independently of Akatsuki's commands (since we saw the last Akatsuki), and without the intention to kill Naruto (p16-18). Hinted he is pursuing Sasuke through conversation w/ Naruto (this part in ch366).
-Jiraiya v Pain starts up, we meet Konan (who disappears after a while), we see Tobi on VoTe, and we see Sasuke's preliminary fight with Itachi's bunshin, and Team Naruto continues chase.
-We see the middle of Jiraiya v Pain , Team Sasuke meets up with Kisame, with Sasuke moving on to meet Itachi (p9).
--> Notice that till this chapter Itachi (main body) & Kisame weren't accounted for during the last 14 chaps. And we have yet to see Konan as well. Tobi also seemed quite free to move around during this time..
-Kisame states he just came out of battle.
-Itachi shown sitting in throne at the hideout:
-->Notice the craters in the wall. Those are definitely not from natural aging. Maybe the fight Kisame mentioned took place here.
-Tobi meets up with Team Naruto and starts playing with them. He is clearly stalling so the Sasuke/Itachi battle isn't interfered with (p12).
Summary of events (in order):
1) Itachi and Akatsuki/Madara became increasingly suspicious and hostile towards each other (ex: Pain's lie).
2)Tobi/Madara thinks Itachi's eyes are weaker than Sasuke's. He also seems to be cutting Itachi off from Akatsuki, reassigning the capture of Naruto to Pain.
3) Itachi recognized this turn in motives and started to act independently.
4) Kisame mentions having a fight with an unspecified person/persons at this point. Since Itachi is his parter and they were travelling together, it is very likely Itachi was involved. Tobi/Madara and Konan are prime suspects at the moment, or a new person altogether.
5) When Sasuke arrives at the hideout, we see that there must have been a battle at the hideout (though we don't know whether it took place recently or is from some ancient Uchiha tussle) and learn that Itachi has been there a while (since he covers the place in his genjutsu). Also, once Itachi and Sasuke start fighting, Zetsu notes how Itachi is gets hit by blows he could normally avoid.
6)Tobi stalls Team Naruto from potentially interfering in the Sasuke/Itachi fight once it started.
So, do y'all think this sounds reasonable or am I off my crocker? And, do you think there was more to Itachi's death than just his sharingan overuse?