i've seen it... a bit boring...
!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!! !!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SP OILERS!!!!
Originally Posted by vphamv
Not sure why that would be the case... they did his childhood very similar to the comics, just added in Sabertooth as definite brother, whereas the comic only implied that he was his brother who disappeared (supposedly died from similar illnesses) before the origin series began. The mother mentions her previous son being beastly while being terrified at what Wolverine was.
They had him kill his 'true' father (the real Logan) the exact same way as in the origin comic, but the comic never flat out told you Logan was his father, but if you could easily tell by reading it. Everyone agrees the origin series is canon, the things changed in this part for the movie needed to be imo. The comic takes him off into a mining camp where he very slowly adapts to his mutant abilities, would not work, neither would his love interest/baby sitter/fake cousin at the time.
'Wade' was great, 'Dead Pool' was a little too much rape/creative license, and fans of the comics know that Wolverine has history with every featured character not made specifically for the movie before meeting the X-Men except for White Queen... er Emma Frost, who for some reason they decided would already have diamond skin and no telepathy. Cyclops doesn't count since he never actually meets him in this movie.
The movie was as good as a comic movie that covers so much ground in a single view could have been, I think their version of Dead Pool was somewhat of a mistake.
I've been reading comics since before Cables first appearance and I liked the movie, it got boring here and there but it was better than I expected.
I have to add that the CG was pretty bad for a blockbuster, I mean the scene in the bathroom when he is playing his claws, they looked extremely superimposed, this superimposed look happened often.
Last edited by event; 05-04-2009 at 11:12 PM.
I think it was pretty crappy for the comicbook side. Most characters were there presented poorly and for really small amount of time - Wade cracked like one joke and had no cancer. It was not Wade Wilson. Cyclops actually had like 3 sentences of text for the whole movie. Pretty much the same for almost all characters. Blob who never was in Weapon X, also was not really that important.
Also for a film with Wolverine, not enough blood. And Wolverine also acted like a big pussy who was on verge of eating veggies and being against violence (nothing against Vegeterians - that's a good thing, your calmer).
Why Gambit is introduced ? Well..so he would appear. His role in plot is minimal and he also have like 6 to 7 sentences of speech. Silver Fox ? Somehow she got power of persuading others - what the hell ?
And you don't make Deadpool without mouth - that's what people love Deadpool for ! For his freaking potty mouth which never shut's up. Deadpool special power is going inside the room, there is a great mood set up and BAM !~ He says the ugliest and nastiest thing and completely ruins it. That didn't happen in the movie.
The film has its flaws but is overall an enjoyable flick that'll appeal to the general public. It's already a great box office draw, like many other sub-par blockbuster flicks.
What really nags at me are the various plot holes and inconsistencies that the majority of viewers will probably neglect to notice. They insulted my intelligence at every turn.
1. At what point did he start using the name 'Logan'? People keep calling him that and 'Jimmah' interchangeably without explanation.
2. I can understand Logan surviving the missile attack on the barn, but how did his healing factor extend to his clothes AND his motorcycle?
3. When Wolverine escapes Weapon X, we see a shot of Agent Zero(the expert marksman) shooting him in the head with no effect. Despite this, Stryker decides to send Zero to kill him. And when he fails miserably(of course), THEN and ONLY THEN he unveils the adamantium bullets that are supposedly the only thing that can stop him. WHY THE HECK DIDN'T YOU JUST GIVE THOSE BULLETS TO ZERO, MORON?
4. After being knocked out by Logan why did Gambit travel to the roof of a building two blocks away(off-screen) and leap back to attack him if he just wanted to run away? And why didn't he let him kill off Creed(whom he apparently hated) first?
5. Apparently Stryker messed up Logan's life only because he wanted his healing factor for the 'Dead-pool' project. Then why didn't he just use Sabretooth's? They both have the exact same powers!
6. Wolverine's ears are sharp enough to hear Stryker talking 20 feet away from inside a pool of water but he can't hear Silverfox's (suppressed but still there) heartbeat to confirm her death?
7. Silverfox can control people just by touching them. Why didn't she just use that power on Stryker to get him to free her sister and leave them alone instead of using it to seduce (and betray) Wolverine instead?
8. Deadpool's supposed to be the ultimate mutant killer, imbued with the powers of all the captured mutants. Then why is it that he only shows 3 powers(healing factor, teleportation, optic blasts) in the final fight? Along with the adamantium swords coming from his forearms that allow him to bend his elbows despite being longer than his forearms?
9. Deadpool's optic blasts can penetrate concrete like butter but leave Sabretooth's body AND clothing unscathed.
10. Wolverine's claws can not only block but also deflect above optic blasts. WTF? Why didn't they pass through the gaps between them? And why wasn't he pushed back from the concussive force? Did the adamantium create some invisible force field around his claws?
11. Apparently the adamantium bullet at the end erased not only Wolverine's memory but also the memory of every other mutant in the film, because in X-men(which is supposedly 20 years after this) everyone treats him like a complete stranger. Yeah, Cyclops was blindfolded, but do you seriously believe none of the other kids ever told Xavier about the clawed man with mutton chops who saved them?
12. Not a single drop of blood in the entire film(except the fake blood on Silverfox of course). People get shot, stabbed and decapitated but their bodies are completely devoid of any internal fluids. Let me guess, they're all undead zombies?
Among other things.
Last edited by The Witcher; 05-06-2009 at 05:51 AM.
I'M NO HERO, BELIEVE IT!
^ I believe all those points and lack of blood for starters already prove how lousy that movie is.
He started to use Logan after reaching the mining camp, his tag along/baby sitter/cousin/love interest, says his name is Logan when the camp boss asks for it, he adopts the name from then on. Logan is the last name of his 'real' father an alcoholic servant of his 'real' mother and 'assumed' father. This is the man that he kills as a child in both the comic and movie.
Originally Posted by The Witcher
His birth name is James Howlett.
^Except in this film his real father is named Creed. Victor Creed's his biological brother, remember?
Last edited by The Witcher; 05-06-2009 at 05:50 AM.
I'M NO HERO, BELIEVE IT!
Ya. That was my biggest problem with the movie. Especially considering Logan still would have vivid flashbacks, how come no one else did?
Originally Posted by The Witcher