Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Hancock

  1. #11
    Terasiel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by echoblaze View Post
    what i saw: hancock
    what i expected: berserk/shin angyo onshi type story
    what i got: disney
    It's a movie. A cinematic presentation of a limited length and audience range. Of course it's not going to be that good.

    Still, I'm going to go see it.

  2. #12
    BlueDemon is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    ^I´m going to see it too.
    Some scenes are just too kewl:

    Hancock:"This isn´t meant as sexual harassment!"
    Police officer:"Get me the fuck outta here!!!!!!!"

    or smth like that.I laughed my ass off at that scene.I hope I´ll go see the movie soon xD

  3. #13
    Deadmilkman2003 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    72

    Default

    "You should sue McDonald's cuz they fucked u up" LOL. And that time Hancock shoved the black guy's head in the white guy's ass in jail...LMAO at that one. The movie was hilarious. However, the movie wasn't that great. It was okay, I liked it. But it's not a memorable movie.
    Last edited by Deadmilkman2003; 07-06-2008 at 08:02 PM.
    "Whoever wins, our battle does not end. The loser is freed from the battlefield, but the winner must remain there. And the survivor must live his life as a warrior until he dies." --Big Boss

  4. #14
    KamiNoSeigi is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    69

    Default

    This was definitely a movie that I wanted to watch, I mean Will Smith playing a super hero, that's gotta do aces in the box office. Well, it did do well in the box office, but I don't think that the movie was that great. It is an entertaining movie to some extent, and has morals (?) I guess... it just isn't something that should be pointed at being a flag-bearer for super hero movies. I mean in comparison to the other super hero movies coming out this summer Iron Man, Hulk, and the already golden fabled Batman: Darn Knight, well I don't think Hancock is going to be remembered as being the genre defining film of this summer.

    If you're going on a date with someone, you'd be better off going to see Wall-E.

  5. #15
    Raszagal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Europa
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    I loved the beginning of it, but for me, then it kinda faded out a bit. I loved the idea of him not being a classy superhero, but a constant drunk and an asshole^ Not landing perfectly, like in other hero movies, but instead just ripping the road apart. Awesome watch, go see it!

  6. #16
    echoblaze is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terasiel View Post
    It's a movie. A cinematic presentation of a limited length and audience range. Of course it's not going to be that good.

    Still, I'm going to go see it.
    don't get me wrong, i wasn't expecting a long adventure story complete with monster-killing and betrayal of a friend with god-powers. but i was expecting an anti-hero story, since that's what the preview showed. and it was like that for the first half of the movie, which was why the first half was funny. then the second half was all

    1. so randem =D !!11
    2. nice-good-guy wins against evil guys
    3. ???
    4. profit!

    edit: i suppose they needed to add a plot in order to have a feasible ending... but still. angels?? blah.

  7. #17
    Chaoswind is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Under a rock, behind a tree, just outside the road, moving at low speed.
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KamiNoSeigi View Post
    This was definitely a movie that I wanted to watch, I mean Will Smith playing a super hero, that's gotta do aces in the box office. Well, it did do well in the box office, but I don't think that the movie was that great. It is an entertaining movie to some extent, and has morals (?) I guess... it just isn't something that should be pointed at being a flag-bearer for super hero movies. I mean in comparison to the other super hero movies coming out this summer Iron Man, Hulk, and the already golden fabled Batman: Darn Knight, well I don't think Hancock is going to be remembered as being the genre defining film of this summer.

    If you're going on a date with someone, you'd be better off going to see Wall-E.
    I will take your word!!!
    DEAD TO THE RETARDS!!!
    DEAD TO THE FANBOYS!!!
    DEAD TO THE WERESHEEP!!!

  8. #18
    Comp_Master is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I just saw the movie yesterday.

    It was good at the beginning, *Spoiler* but they kind of lost me when they revealed that the wife had superpowers too. Although, they kind of made up for it by the way that the movie ended. It was Ok, but not great.

  9. #19
    Terasiel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    Am I the only one that liked the ENTIRE movie? Specifically the plot twist?

  10. #20
    KamiNoSeigi is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terasiel View Post
    Am I the only one that liked the ENTIRE movie? Specifically the plot twist?
    You're not alone, some of my friends did enjoy the movie, but we've come to the consensus that there are far better options to go with rather than watch Hancock right now.

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162