Code Geass's second season is set to come out mid-April now (will releases in 5PM slots on Sundays), so I think it's time an official thread for this stuff is made.
The promos (in order):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjTRcWlmfk (Could anyone post up a translation of this?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2G0GLtLfWU (Ditto as above.)
Originally Posted by http://gunota.infoConfirmed by official sources
- 1 year time skip (official trailer)
- New character’s name is Rollo (trailer, NewType January)
- Suzaku has joined the “Knight of Rounds” (trailer)
- Zero has a new look (trailer, NewType January)
- Zero might not be Lelouch (Kawaguchi in NewType January)
- New season starts Spring 08
- Season 2 will take place on a global scale
See the rest after ‘read more’
By Fake Yoshino
- Season 2 starts off with scenes that appear to depict normal, everyday life; he doesn’t say whose
- Rollo is a character with an “interesting role”, and that “(yaoi?) fangirls will probably like it very much” (Alluding to his being Lelouch’s sibling?)
- Suzaku’s new position will also be an interesting one (Most likely alluding to his joining the Knight of Rounds)
- New season will air in the Sat6 slot (currently Gundam 00’s)
- Subtitle for season 2 hasn’t been decided upon yet, but it’ll be “mostly the same”
- Taniguchi: “Fu-kuyama will find himself in an interesting position in season 2.” (NewType Taniguchi + Fu-kuyama interview)
- There’ll be romantic developments for Lelouch in season 2; the writers deliberately kept them out of season 1 because they felt they needed to show what Lelouch’s goals are without complicating matters (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- Season 2 will have battles after battles after battles… (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- V.V. is one of the many “key person”s in the show, along with the new Chinese character. (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- Some of the things that happened in Season 1 will come back to haunt Lelouch in Season 2; “he needs to learn that life is one continuous series of events, and that everything is connected” (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- Lelouch will meet a lot of new people in Season 2; how he deals with them and gets them on his side will be something worth watching. Who knows, there might also be a betrayal… (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- “The story has only just begun. I’m really sorry about that. (bitter laugh)” (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- Not many characters will die from here on (Koshimizu’s interview, from the Complete Guide Book; she talks about being relieved to hear it, but then realizes that “not many will die” also means “some will die”.)
- While most of the battles in Season 1 relied on Lelouch, season 2 will test the Black Knights’ strength as a proper organization. Lelouch using his Geass for outrageous schemes will still be part of the show, however. (NewType)
- “I want Lelouch to continue leading a double life in season 2″ (NewType)
- Not many characters will die from here on… but there will be a living hell waiting. (NewType)
- 1 Year Later
- New character’s full name is Rollo Lamperouge (boy in the center of the picture of the post)
- Villetta becomes an Ashford teacher in order to look for Lelouch
- When asked what becomes of Suzaku: “He’s busy with his Knightly duties. From what I’ve seen so far, I don’t know if he ever goes back to school.”
- Lelouch’s hair is slightly longer (not quite shoulder-length)
- Lelouch remains the protagonist; his stance hasn’t changed much
- Lelouch remains an Ashford student
By animators, through their blogs
- New Chinese character looks like Yasha from CLAMP’s RG Veda
- Rollo has a helmet? (Rides a bike? Unless KMF pilots are suddenly required to wear helmets now)
- There is a scene where Lelouch moves a chess piece
- “The siblings (Lelouch and Rollo) are not much alike.”
New!* - A character who looks like C.C. appears.
New!* - Most of the characters on the enemy side are “good-looking”.
New!* - Lelouch is as “dark” as usual (the term used in the Dark Nunnally sense), while Suzaku appears to have gone back to being Ore-Suzaku for good.
Old spoilers (pre-episodes 24+25) by Fake Okouchi
- Kallen’s story* has been moved to Season 2.
(*Whether the kiss with Zero has been removed entirely or moved to season 2 as well remains a mystery.)
Strange hints from NewType
- There is a short feature on Naoto, with the question most 2chers have been asking since pretty much forever: “How did he know about the “poison gas” in episode 1, and what’s happened to him?” (NewType November — or was it December?)
- The “Live!” Geass on Suzaku is going to make him do something he really regrets, to the point of wanting to die for it, but obviously the Geass isn’t going to let him do that (An old issue of NewType, pre-episodes 24+25)
Is that Lelouch, or someone else?
I'll post more pics later, but for the timebeing, discuss!