I just found out that alot of my favorite mangas go into that catagory
such as claymore, Ichi the killer, gantz, and battle royale.
so are their any other good ones.
My favorites are Gantz and Claymore cause they have everything
Romance (which stupit shonen doesnt usually have)
uncertainty of a characters survival (again shonen)
and badass gore (gay shonen)
so i pretty much want something with romance and gore
I am King
I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends
[Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009
I predict coller is gonna say
I am King
4. Shin Angyo Onshi
6. Vinland Saga
7. Blade of the Immortal
* Numbers are just used for easier referencing.
Though, 1 and 2 aren't gory per say they do have blood. They're both amazing stories though same with 6 though with current scanlations (which is not much, btw) there isn't sign of romance yet but it's still a really good manga.
Okay i got a few questions now
1st about berserk how often do chapters come out cause ive heard rumors that it can take up to 6 months and thats just gay
2nd Is the Elfien Lied Manga very diffrent from the anime
on what chapter does the anime leave off, how often does a chapter come out.
3rd is the baslisk anime very diffrent or slightly similar cause i rather watch something in color and animated than in black and white
4th whats sanctauary about? and same other questsion like is it complete and shit like that
I am King
Berserk was said *points to secret_toad's post* though, he was only predicting what someone else would say, he still said it in all caps with double exclamation marks to boot.
1. No, it's not that bad. They usually come out twice a month if Miura's feeling generous. Sometimes he'll release a chapter once per month or two months at worst though. He did take a break or two I believe.
2. Dunno, since I never read the manga. But I heard that the anime ended before the manga finished, so it was a premature ending I guess.
3. Basilisk anime is very similiar to the manga, though the manga has bare breasted nudity every now and then, which the anime doesn't have.
4. Sanctuary is about a Yakuza Boss that's a genius that rose to the top starting from the bottom, and his friend (who I won't mention in light of spoiling) takes the opposite career path, and pursues politics. Together, they work together in cahoots to completely change Japan. It's an amazing story, very intellectual and full of drama. And yes, it's complete. Sanctuary and Strain are also drawn by the same artist, who I consider to be one of the best manga artists.
Last edited by animusdx; 06-20-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Eden and Monster and 20th Century Boys weren't mentioned? =O