Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Mal_Ganus123 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    ^ lucky you.

    I really need to watch Tegen Toppa Gurrren Lagann... the 1st episode never really hooked me in... and I ended up ignoring it.. .I'll watch it after I play all these VNs I got lol...
    Trust me, it doesn't really kick in until a few eps. At first you won't get hooked, but when you see Episode 7 O_O... Well admittedly I got into it at Ep 3 (Ep 4 is animated by a guest editor, almost through me off, but the fight scene was good, but those faces, arrggh)...

    Noticeable things: GAR moments, Corney and Uber Cool Mechs, and nicely fleshed out characters... Comedic moments and tragic moments too...

    But yeah... Maybe I'll go get the games, then do a couple of odd jobs for the folks and buy the figures...
    Come join us, or heads will roll!

  2. #12
    kniteowl is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The End of the World (NZ)
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    ^ yes screw choosing, why not buy both? LMAO...

    ah ok I already know what Happens early, one of my frends fav characters die.

    Maybe that's what put you off, I'm guessing.

    What does GAR mean? I always hear it? is it simialr to Bad Ass?

    And is Eureka 7 good Too? The same frend of mine recommends it but then again he recommends a lot of Gundam-ish anime lol.
    Last edited by kniteowl; 12-12-2008 at 09:48 PM.



  3. #13
    Mal_Ganus123 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    ^ yes screw choosing, why not buy both? LMAO...

    ah ok I already know what Happens early, one of my frends fav characters die.

    Maybe that's what put you off, I'm guessing.

    What does GAR mean? I always hear it? is it simialr to Bad Ass?

    And is Eureka 7 good Too? The asme frend of mine recommends it but then again he recommends a lot of Gundam-ish anime lol.
    Yes, even knowing that, I still ended up sobby for about 7 days when that character dies... Gainax did a great job pulling the emotional string (even though I usually don't care when a char dies in most shows/games).

    GAR

    Haven't watched Eureka 7, DLing it at home, was suggested by many haha.
    Come join us, or heads will roll!

  4. #14
    sakura_hana is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    over there!
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    did anyone say GURREN LAGANN? Spin on!! xD

    anyway, the game looks...cute. ahahahahah. can you play with yuki as well?

  5. #15
    _Vincent_ is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rumblandia
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    ^ lol I have a Modchip for both my PS2 & Wii... but I can't read Japanese ...

    I could technically play it but... I don't see the point if I'm just looking at pictures lol.
    Mod chip? you mean you downloaded it from the internet? Upload or link please! >_<

  6. #16
    Mal_Ganus123 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Vincent_ View Post
    Mod chip? you mean you downloaded it from the internet? Upload or link please! >_<
    Mod Chip is so you can do either of these:

    1. Play Pirated Games - if you've lived in Third World Asian Countries, you'd find that almost everyone who owns a console in a third world country has one for this purpose.

    2. Play games from other regions (Like a US one playing Japanese games), which is the most desirable purpose.
    Come join us, or heads will roll!

  7. #17
    _Vincent_ is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rumblandia
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal_Ganus123 View Post
    Mod Chip is so you can do either of these:

    1. Play Pirated Games - if you've lived in Third World Asian Countries, you'd find that almost everyone who owns a console in a third world country has one for this purpose.

    2. Play games from other regions (Like a US one playing Japanese games), which is the most desirable purpose.
    oh... Modified Consoles. yeah our consoles were modified already. so does that mean Knite has original japanese games?

    Envious Vinc is envious >_<

  8. #18
    kniteowl is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The End of the World (NZ)
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    ^
    Envious Vin? Is that your new name now? lol

    lol I don't have any Jap games, since I can't read Jap there's no point.

    btw, Vin a Modchip is an actual computer chip you solder onto a console lol, I can't personally solder myself but there are experts you can pay to do it for you if you know where to look.

    I live where the consoles run PAL games, it's useful to have a Modchip to play NTSC games lol.

    It's also useful to back up your games, so you play the copied versions while you keep your originals safe.



  9. #19
    mystic_guard_sinoel is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 14th Moon
    Posts
    5,234

    Default

    Soft mods > hard mods. I like my warranties.

    Japanese is easy, I learned that stuff when I was in kindgergarten...


  10. #20
    _Vincent_ is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rumblandia
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knite
    btw, Vin a Modchip is an actual computer chip you solder onto a console lol, I can't personally solder myself but there are experts you can pay to do it for you if you know where to look.
    actually thats what I meant. they (the experts) modified our consoles. ^^
    Envious Vin? Is that your new name now? lol
    lol! Vinc is not always envious. It's just for today ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic_guard_sinoel View Post
    Soft mods > hard mods. I like my warranties.

    Japanese is easy, I learned that stuff when I was in kindgergarten...
    It's easy to learn anything when your a kid. Brains fresh and everything.
    Innocent minds.... easy to corrupt

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79