Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Kolox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    The techno remix ;p

  2. #12
    reinard-fox is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St.Petersburg (Russia)
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Too bad, there is no "OVER 9000" crossover At least i could nto find one....

  3. #13
    _Vincent_ is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rumblandia
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    How did I get into Haruhism? and later on switch to Kyonkoism?

    well it's just a simple tale regarding random shopping of anime dvds. As the usual weekend started with some light-reading in our favorite bookstore kinokuniya. We followed our usual routine on passing by anime shops in the area and picking up any titles that seems interesting. The melancholy of Haruhi dvd doesn't seem too promising when we picked it up. It was just one of the few dvd boxes that my brother bought and would have probably end up among the list of animes that are stored in our house that I wouldn't have time to watch.

    My expectations didn't go up later on as well when we were Episode 0. I never liked that episode but I might as well watch the rest as my brother has now completely dominated the TV in our living room (we didn't have a separate tv back then). It was a good thing that I did. A couple of hours later. It was pass midnight and we were still talking about it (and completely ignoring the other series that are currently running in our dvd).

    I explored Haruhism more as KniteOwl suggested the novels and as soon as I found it. I went on a Marathon every night at work; reading through it. A few days later.. I was waiting for the complete translation of Volume 9.

    from there. I jumped at anything that Haruhism could throw at me. Clips, pics, doujins etc.

    Haruhism...

  4. #14
    Mal_Ganus123 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Vincent_ View Post
    How did I get into Haruhism? and later on switch to Kyonkoism?

    well it's just a simple tale regarding random shopping of anime dvds. As the usual weekend started with some light-reading in our favorite bookstore kinokuniya. We followed our usual routine on passing by anime shops in the area and picking up any titles that seems interesting. The melancholy of Haruhi dvd doesn't seem too promising when we picked it up. It was just one of the few dvd boxes that my brother bought and would have probably end up among the list of animes that are stored in our house that I wouldn't have time to watch.

    My expectations didn't go up later on as well when we were Episode 0. I never liked that episode but I might as well watch the rest as my brother has now completely dominated the TV in our living room (we didn't have a separate tv back then). It was a good thing that I did. A couple of hours later. It was pass midnight and we were still talking about it (and completely ignoring the other series that are currently running in our dvd).

    I explored Haruhism more as KniteOwl suggested the novels and as soon as I found it. I went on a Marathon every night at work; reading through it. A few days later.. I was waiting for the complete translation of Volume 9.

    from there. I jumped at anything that Haruhism could throw at me. Clips, pics, doujins etc.

    Haruhism...
    Amazing! See, not many of us know much about it at first and a lot of us have never heard of it, but it really touches us when it gets down to it.

    Also Kinokuniya is my favorite bookshop as well. They're Big in Singapore and Australia from what I know.
    Come join us, or heads will roll!

  5. #15
    kniteowl is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The End of the World (NZ)
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Vincent_
    I explored Haruhism more as KniteOwl suggested the novels and as soon as I found it. I went on a Marathon every night at work; reading through it. A few days later.. I was waiting for the complete translation of Volume 9.
    Really I don't remember it... but I do know that you reed the novel before I did... I wanted to wait for Volume 9 to finish before reading the novels... well I didn't really have to... I was quite a Slow reader lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal_Ganus123
    Also Kinokuniya is my favorite bookshop as well. They're Big in Singapore and Australia from what I know.
    There is sadly none in NZ... None that I know of...



  6. #16
    _Vincent_ is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rumblandia
    Posts
    5,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    Really I don't remember it... but I do know that you reed the novel before I did... I wanted to wait for Volume 9 to finish before reading the novels... well I didn't really have to... I was quite a Slow reader lol
    well someone did, I thought it was you. cause you were the most Haruhi-fanatic that I know in ST. ah its been so long my memories all jumbled up.

    ah hell I'm rereading the novel again anyway. As soon as they start selling the english novels in kino. I'll grab one.

    btw Knite, your in NZ? theres a Kino in Sydney, its in the city (townhall), if you ever had a chance to visit. Go there. It's worth the long travel

  7. #17
    kniteowl is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The End of the World (NZ)
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    ^ Demo Kane nai desu...

    lol I really should study japanese again it was ejoyable while it lasted as general paper at uni.

    Quote Originally Posted by _Vincent_
    btw Knite, your in NZ?
    Well if you checked the upper right corner of my post, next to Location it says "NZ" well right after 'the end of the world'
    Last edited by kniteowl; 10-06-2008 at 07:21 PM.



  8. #18
    Mal_Ganus123 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Vincent_ View Post
    ah hell I'm rereading the novel again anyway. As soon as they start selling the english novels in kino. I'll grab one.

    I find it annoying, they've got the Japanese versions, but the English publication doesn't even pop up in their online database (at least for SG anyway). All that I found was the manga, which isn't really true to the series, as it was written to appeal to the kiddies...

    Quote Originally Posted by _Vincent_ View Post
    heres a Kino in Sydney, its in the city (townhall), if you ever had a chance to visit. Go there. It's worth the long travel
    Yes, go knite, Kinokuniya is like the best bookstore ever. I have a membership, and I always get my magazines, mangas, novels, and more there... I usually go to Borders for programming/artistic skill books though.
    Come join us, or heads will roll!

  9. #19
    kniteowl is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The End of the World (NZ)
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Vincent_
    well someone did, I thought it was you. cause you were the most Haruhi-fanatic that I know in ST. ah its been so long my memories all jumbled up.
    lol... compared to the haruhi-fans in other forums... I'm quite average... or even under average as a fan comapred to those Fanatics... they're scary... there was this 5 page thread about whether or not Nagato Could Procreate (have Children) was an interesting debate though lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal_Ganus123
    I usually go to Borders for programming/artistic skill books though.
    There are Boarders in NZ lol... I'll check it out if I ever get the money lol



  10. #20
    Mal_Ganus123 is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    lol... compared to the haruhi-fans in other forums... I'm quite average... or even under average as a fan comapred to those Fanatics... they're scary... there was this 5 page thread about whether or not Nagato Could Procreate (have Children) was an interesting debate though lol
    Yeah thats when Fanaticism reaches its peak, Star Wars fanatics who dress up as Storm Troopers and walk around IRL are good examples. I mean I'm a fanatic, but I'm low key compared to the real Über fanatics.

    Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    There are Boarders in NZ lol... I'll check it out if I ever get the money lol
    They're good for technical stuff. They also have a better Western movie section (I never buy movies at bookstores though xD), while Kino is better for animes (look for dubs, I found some sweet FMA DVD dubs in Kino, its mostly mainstream though, since not many of the sideline animes get published with English dubs )
    Last edited by Mal_Ganus123; 10-06-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Fixes.
    Come join us, or heads will roll!

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79