How many series
are their in the manga and the anime
cause it seems to me that another anime has started? does this one follow the anime of is it a continouation of the one before.
Also the manga i heard of some negima neo is that like a whole diffrent series or is it the 2nd ark?
I am King
There are Two manga and Two animated series. Each are similar, but are dramatically different upon ending, and story-wised.
The "main" story that we should all be focused on right now is the original manga, which is still being made and is up to chapter 152 with the release of 153 by this week.
You have your pick with the:
1. Completed animation series = Mahou Sensei Negima! ( 1-26 episodes ) with few fanservice.
2. *Negma!? ( as of now, known to have 4 episodes and possibly more.)which is dumbed down on the fanservice completely.
3. Mahou Sensei Negima! manga series ( still ongoing... Has plenty of fanservice)
4. *Negima!? Neo manga series (starts at chapter 00, (has less fanservice(?)))
They seem to have "restarted" on the animated series due to protest of the original animation ending so suddenly with a crappy filler. They also probably started Negima Neo to give some backbone to some of the holes in the original story and may dull down on the fanservice. Cheers~
Last edited by skyepic; 10-12-2006 at 08:44 PM.
sorry to be a sourceless noob but where is it up to 153? i only see 149 here at stoptazmo.
Here you go.
Three different places I check often.
Of course 149 was the latest that was translated, but 152 is the latest released on the net.
153 Should be out by today or tommorow on the net :3
In other words, 152 is the latest one as a raw (not English)
I'm still banking on the slim possibility of a season 2 of the first anime.
So... is Akamatsu going to be any part of the production team for the Negima?! Neo manga?? Or even the new anime for that matter?
[I think that they should have just like... redone the old one but with better story, animation, etc.]
Unlikely. Ken is too busy with his own original version of the manga and other stuff to be able to join the recreation. He has to be able to set the guideline ( the original manga) first before the others go beyond his story.
Originally Posted by xxsaznpride
Akamatsu may cameo for parts of the new negima projects, but other than that, it's like a battle of the Negima stories IMO :3
To clear things up:
1. Mahou Sensei Negima! (Negima!: Magister Negi Magi) is the original manga series by Ken Akamatsu. Published by Kodansha in Shonen Magazine. Currently up to 154 in Japan; AQS has scanlated up to 150. It comes out weekly.
2. Mahou Sensei Negima! is the anime adaptation done by XEBEC... Why did they have to mess up so BAD?
3. Negima!? is the Anime series that is currently being released by Studio Shaft.
4. Negima!? NEO is the spinoff manga by Fujima Takuya released by Kodansha in Comic Bonbon, a kids' mag. It currently has 2 chapters, chapter 0 preview and chapter 1. It comes out monthly.
This means that the original Negima! manga and Negima!? NEO do not have the same storyline. Negima!? is basically a retelling of the series which has toned down fanservice as it is directed towards kids.
Negima!? and Negima!? NEO have different storylines so far (or so I've heard).
XEBEC also released the introduction OVAs, while Studio Shaft released the Spring and Summer Specials and the Haru OVA. All OVAs have so far followed the original manga's events loosely. However, there are additions and omitions to the original plot.