1. I've got no problem with the plot so far, I just don't have high hopes for where I think its going. Lol sexist much? The point is that they're not a replacement for her legs, its that she is an ex-dancer and she rediscovers her passion for it through a new medium (the ridebacks), and by combining her talent with the ridebacks, she becomes a prodigy (in racing, dancing or fighting with ridebacks, I don't know yet).
Originally Posted by dna2playboy
2. Art styles vary wildly form anime to anime, it also doesn't help that the animation was outsourced to Korea. I personally have nothing against the art style, it just doesn't stand out to me.
3. 2d and 3d rarely mesh in an anime, on the rare occasion that it does, you usually don't even know there is CG there.
1. Lol not sexist. I just don't care for ballet or movies/tv shows with the story told through the female's view, unless the plot makes up for it, and/or she's a likable character.
Originally Posted by 98abaile
2. So we agree. The character designs are blah.
3. So we agree. The CG and 2d doesn't fit well. "you usually don't even know there is CG there" That's the point.
Obviously you haven't seen episode two, where alot of great scenes and a bigger scoop into the main story. I don't know if it's just me, but i miss the old skool character design sometimes. They have a better sense to them then some of these nonsense cutesy fan service art all the time.
The whole point of anime really is to diverging into different streams of possibilities, if you want an anime about motorcycles, then why not just watch a real motorcycle race. The design of the Ride Back cycle is that it gives a person the possibility of 3 dimensional directional travel. Which is pretty kool, cause currently it's impossible with our modern technology.
While it is true she does uses the Ride Back as a substitute for her legs, so what? That doesn't make the story or the action scenes any bad. I thought it had a pretty good combination of computer graphic. The story is dawdling... but it's only got 2 episodes.
And I 100% agree 98abaile, I would rather just enjoy this in the sense of the Ride Back vehicles instead of some world dominating plot.
So I guess I'm gonna say bottom line, if you watch 2-3 episodes and you don't like it, than you don't like it. Doesn't make it bad or worse than most other animes, or completely horrible. And if you have similar tastes to mines, than you will probably fancy it, like I do.
I'll be honest, I was specifically talking to Dna for pretty much the exact reasons he already stated. If I just wanted to bash the show I would've just went to the thread that was made in the Misc. Section or I wouldn't even have quoted and just said that. Take my opinion as you will, I wasn't trying to direct it to anyone but him and if you like it then that's fine and really doesn't bother me.
The reasons I didn't like it were almost exactly the same as his as well, except personally I didn't mind the designs of the characters, I felt like it was going to be like exactly what Abaile said, and I couldn't help but feel like it was going to be like Air Gear/Initial D but with ballerinas and ridebacks which I couldn't get into.
Then there's the animation portion, the characters were animated very well, while the ridebacks were terribly animated, you never got the feel of how fast they were going. I remember while watching the second episode someone say something like "omg, she's going to surpass whatever her name was and look how fast they're going!" but when they go back to the scene of the race they look like they're going the speed of a regular bike. I'm talking about the bike you peddle with your feet.
Also, in general any thread about an Anime/Anime related that I post in I've almost always given more than 1 sentence of what I think of it. Well, if that's what you think I only do. Check out the lets see...on the top of my head Xam'd, True Tears, Nodame, best animation thread, or any other thread really.
If you've got something well written or something enlightening to say about a series why don't you post? I don't think there's really been a time, or at least that I know of, that detailed and intelligent posts have been ignored or bashed so why would someone who has giving short answers bother you so much? There's also no rules saying that people can't say how they feel about Anime around here and I wasn't insulting anyone so iono man.
That's unfortunate that you don't want to talk about Anime here, I've been asking for an Anime dedicated section for ST for a while now but it always gets shut down. What threads have you come across were people always give one liners about their opinions? I haven't seen much posting about many Anime series in a while and this as well as the Misc. Section I check every time I come here.