Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
  1. #21
    BOBO THE SPACEMONKEY is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    1954 camp: Crazytown
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Zi Faah View Post
    I have missed a lot in this forum, so I dunno, if this was already mentioned...

    Dark Horse will release (after a lot of effort getting the license) the 1st volume of Gantz on Jun 25 2008. Here is the proof. I think on that day, we will have to celebrate much...

    I hope that will have any effect on Germany, otherwise, Iīll simply import it!! Amazon will surely have it.
    Gantz was stopped in germany due to crap sales. Its highly doubtable that someone is going to pick up the license of a ''product'', which failed before. It would be too risky.

  2. #22
    dirtyfilthysanchez is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5

    Angry

    I cant read Gantz when it comes out,I cant play the video game and ill probably never see the good parts of the story animated..grrr.I know a lot of us in the states are hardcore fans doesnt that want count for anything?If i could have either of those things id want a revised version of the game for my ps3 ..id kill for that lol.

  3. #23
    Shin_Igami is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Why do you want to know? Wutz wit U? Joo wanna R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ?
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    I had a dream... of a Gantz Game being made with the MGS 4 Engine...
    That said, as an australian, I am even more in the dump than you US types are - I have to wait for Dark Horse in the US to release it, and THEN import it...
    Last edited by Shin_Igami; 05-16-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popothepenguin View Post
    its kinda pathetic how much time people (including me) on this thread spend thinking about every little thing that goes on in Gantz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_Igami View Post
    I suppose it comes from not having any new Gantz to talk about... I feel like a Junkie... o.O

  4. #24
    Deathbringerpt is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EGBTMagus View Post
    Dark Horse is probably the best Manga Distro currently, sure they are slow but the translations and editing are flawless. They don't change anything.
    Go read Hellsing.

    The stereotypical accents in every French, German and Scottish character were totally uncalled for and downright retarded. Whatīs even more retarded is that the Scottish character wasnīt even Scottish.

    Dark Horse is probably the best manga distributor in America but that doesnīt mean they donīt change anything.

    Then again Hellsing was probably their worst adaptation. And itīs still readable.

  5. #25
    Shin_Igami is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Why do you want to know? Wutz wit U? Joo wanna R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ?
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    ^Just be grateful they did not pin a transilvanian wannabe accent on Alucard... I wonder how Gantz is going to turn out - the problem is that scanlation groups set the bar very high - compared to the scanlation scene of ten years ago, the guys scanlating now easily outclass most professional translation companies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Popothepenguin View Post
    its kinda pathetic how much time people (including me) on this thread spend thinking about every little thing that goes on in Gantz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_Igami View Post
    I suppose it comes from not having any new Gantz to talk about... I feel like a Junkie... o.O

  6. #26
    Lou Zi Faah is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOBO THE SPACEMONKEY View Post
    Gantz was stopped in germany due to crap sales. Its highly doubtable that someone is going to pick up the license of a ''product'', which failed before. It would be too risky.
    Not if Gantz will be successfull in many other countries of the world, especially the USA. Germany and USA have a lot of contact and a lot of in common, so if any publisher sees the great success of Gantz in Japan and then in America, he will have to wonder why there was not such a success in Germany.

  7. #27
    y0ungSir is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airoblasts View Post
    does anyone know or has seen english gantz manga anywhere in a store or anywhere? i have seen a couple of chapters of death note in english manga in this store, Borders, this manga is only on its 84th chapter while gantz is already up to 217 but i haven't seen any english gantz manga out anywhere. anyone know?
    It will come out officially in June and it's published by Dark Horse.

  8. #28
    BOBO THE SPACEMONKEY is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    1954 camp: Crazytown
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Zi Faah View Post
    Not if Gantz will be successfull in many other countries of the world, especially the USA. Germany and USA have a lot of contact and a lot of in common, so if any publisher sees the great success of Gantz in Japan and then in America, he will have to wonder why there was not such a success in Germany.
    I know enough about the relationship between USA and Germany in about any way like Export/Import trades, politics w/e. Its not based around mangas tho and Germany doesn't follow every trend of the USA even if it appears like that. Afterall Economy is my advanced cours on high school. As much as I want Gantz to be picked up, but manga publishers are businesses and capitalism is ruling the world, so i realy just can't see that happen.

  9. #29
    morten is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    It appears that I actually bought the five volumes of Gantz MangaPlanet brought out in Germany. I have to say, that I really was disappointed with the translation (really crappy in comparison to the fan translations) and...the paper had toilet paper quality. I don't know what they thought about (Berserk has a better paper quality), maybe they wanted a special paper to display the Gantz suits effect, but the paper on printed for the German Gantz manga is just unbearable crap...lol

  10. #30
    Lou Zi Faah is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Ok, mister, though I canīt say that Gantz will definitively be re-released in Germany, I have to definitively say that your thoughts are plain bullshit. You, as student of economy (I assume you study BWL) should actually know that the situation on the market is related on so many factors, that you, as newbe on that terrain will not be able to analyse chances for the product ,we are talking about, correctly, so that you can come to a conclusion that is undeniable.

    You say, it is will not be released, because you know it better. I guess, you just donīt see my point. Well then, I suggest, inform yourself about the manga called "20th Century Boys". PlanetManga did want to stop publishing the series after the release of the 8th volume. Why? Because it was just not selled enough. Got that? Ok, lets go on. After the pressure of fans, the publisher managed to start a Print-on-Demand method. Now guess what, volume 20 will be released on 18th Jul 2008 in Germany.

    PlanetManga wanted to try the method of Print-On-Demand on Gantz because of the same reason: they were seeing the manga had a chance- It was the Japanese publisher that didnīt allow it. Gantz may have been a success in Germany (just like 20th Century Boys) if they allowed it.

    So my point is, if a product is a failure on the market, it doesnt mean, that the product will never be successful. The failure of Gantz may have had serveral reasons, as morten says, the quality may have been too crappy or the price may have been to high.

    Gantz was first released in Germany 5 years ago (Feb to Oct 2003). During these 5 years the situation has changed. The anime series was broadcasted on MTV 2 years ago (Aug 2006). This fact, given as an example, shows that Gantz is today much more present in Germany than in the past. Also the German manga market is constantly expanding. As a result there will be more potential custumers of the Gantz manga than in the past.

    Now letīs come to the American market. I did not say, that George W. Bush will visit Angela Merkel in her house and say: "Hey Angie, we have a nice new manga here, why donīt you release it in Germany too? Cmon, give it a try!" I know that it has nothing to do with politics. But with marketing.

    It is a given fact that in an age of communication information spreads all over the world. If Gantz will be a success in America you can assume that the interest of Germans for this manga will be bigger.

    Generally spoken, a market is directed by supply and demand. When the demand grows, the odds are there that someone begins to wonder why Gantz was no success in Germany 5 years ago. He will have thoughts about the former situation on the market. He will have some thoughts about how the layout of the manga shall actually look like etc. And maybe he will lately come to the conclusion that Gantz has a chance now to be successful.

    I thought my point was clear (especially for someone who studies economy). I hope it is clear now. And again, I want to stress that I dont say Gantz will be released in Germany in any case. I just see that it has a bigger chance for the future than it has had in the past.

 

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162